Photo
- - - - -

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

• Please log in to reply
1129 replies to this topic

#1 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

Japanese Updates

Spoiler

U.S. Updates

Posted Image

Spoiler

Links
--------------------
Official site
Serebii.net Platinum Page

Screens
--------------------
Spoiler

New Forms
--------------------

Shaymin
Posted Image

Shaymin has a new form in Pokémon Platinum. This form is obtained by using a Key Item, the Gracidea Flower, on Shaymin; the item is obtained by having an event Shaymin in your party and visiting Floaroma town. This new Shaymin form, the Sky Forme, features changes in stats, learnset, type (adding the Flying type) and a change in ability to Serene Grace. Click here for further details

Giratina
Posted Image

Giratina has been given a separate form. This is called the Origin Forme and is how Giratina exists in the special Distortion World. While out of the Distortion World, Giratina is in its original Altered Forme. However, with a new item, the Platinum Orb, Giratina can remain in its new form in the regular world (as long as the Platinum Orb is held). Giratina's Attack stats and Defense stats are switched in the change of form, and its ability is Levitate in Origin Forme. Its moveset remains the same.

Rotom
Posted Image

Rotom has been given five new forms in Pokémon Platinum: Cut, Frost, Heat, Spin and Wash. These all feature an increase in stats and each have a unique attack learnable whenever you change its form; however their learnsets and ability match the original Rotom. You can only have one of each form at any one time. The forms can be obtained and switched between by using an event-exclusive item known as the Secret Key.

Pre-order bonus
--------------------
Posted Image

Reminders
--------------------
Currently right now for U.S. Pokemon Platinum owners, the Memebers Pass is available for download over Wi-Fi. The Members Pass allows you to enter the locked house in the Canalave City to be wisked away to New Moon Island where you are given the opportunity to catch a level 50 Darkrai. The event will be available from August 3rd until September 13th.

Friend Codes
Please, if you register someone else's friend code in your game, PM them and let them know you did, so they may add you!

Pokemon Platinum

Name: SL4IN
Wi-Fi Code(s): 4769 3301 7263 (US) 4683 4308 3620 (JP)

Name: Kyle (Yukine)
Wi-Fi Code: 2707 7476 5392

Name: Nick (Ski Hawk)
Wi-Fi Code: 4984 0806 6270

Name: Will (will52)
Wi-Fi Code: 4082 1381 1297

Name: Jamie (JMEPO)
Wi-Fi Code: 4554 5843 0383

Name: Alan (Nelo Ice)
Wi-Fi Code: 4640 4837 8714

Name: Ankoku (darkinferno9908)
Wi-Fi Code: 3008 3965 3597

Name: Rukia (nekobi)
Wi-Fi Code: 1977 6057 6144

Name: HuBu (HuBu)
Wi-Fi Code: 1161 5604 1657

Name: Alex (Filler2001)
Wi-Fi Code:
5284 7287 9835

Name: KENETIC (adriley313)
Wi-Fi Code: 0689 1232 1752

Name: Jeff (A Happy Panda)
Wi-Fi Code: 1934 6529 0540

Name: Zoey (genfuyung)
Wi-Fi Code: 3738 5542 8144

Name: Deinla (Jeremiahkd)
Wi-Fi Code: 0474 3680 4286

Name: BEEF (Mr. Beef)
Wi-Fi Code: 3695 6670 9605

Name: Moxio
Wi-Fi Code: 0860 9858 6134

Diamond/Pearl

Name: Saint (adriley313)
Game: Diamond
Wi-Fi Code:
1247 4672 1658

Name: SL4IN
Game: Diamond
Wi-Fi Code: 0602 2781 8924

Name: Beef (Mr. Beef)
Game: Pearl
Wi-Fi Code:
1418 3179 9407

Name: DAWN (gwen)
Game: Pearl
Wi-Fi Code: 3437 8288 5992

Big props given to Cocopojo over at NeoGaf for all the information I supplied in this thread.

Edited by SL4IN, 03 August 2009 - 05:13 PM.

[Brawl: 0001-3099-4131][Excitebots: 2106-5601-7796]

#2 -Sean

-Sean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

Ok news. Even though I'd rather Nintendo just remake gold/silver, I still haven't bought pearl/diamond yet, so I might pick this up, if the rumor is true.

#3 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

Of course there will be a third pokemon, there always is, Red and Blue-Yellow, Gold and Silver-Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire-Emerald, Diamond and Pearl-Zirconia?
Posted Image

#4 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

I wouldn't be shocked. How about a remake of Gold/Silver first?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

Its funny how, ever since Reggie said "we're gonna make a new game based on a Nintendo franchise and announce it at E3! You're gonna flip shit!" every single nintendo franchise has been rumored to sequel by the end of the year. If only they could all be true...

#6 karmapolice

karmapolice

Resistance is useless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

If its just the "third" installment of D&P count me out. I have pearl and cant seem to find myself to want to go any further. Im halfway through and feel no incentive to finish. It feels like it wants you to like it so bad, but its just a rehash of all the old ones... Fashion Show? No thank you.
XBL: karma024

Tradelist
Collection

#7 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

Of course there will be a third pokemon, there always is, Red and Blue-Yellow, Gold and Silver-Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire-Emerald, Diamond and Pearl-Zirconia?

The point isn't that there is going to be a third version, but the fact that the third version is coming so soon.

It usually takes about 2 years after the initial versions are out before we seen the third one. Diamond and Pearl will barely be turning a year old next tuesday.

#8 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

The point isn't that there is going to be a third version, but the fact that the third version is coming so soon.

It usually takes about 2 years after the initial versions are out before we seen the third one. Diamond and Pearl will barely be turning a year old next tuesday.

Agreed. We know that there will be a third pokemon game for the diamond/pearl set , but it seems too soon. I'm leaning more towards a remake of gold/silver/crystal as well with the third diamond/pearl game coming out next year. The only other possibilty is a new spinoff series for pokemon.

Edit: After following the link , and stupidly realizing that there basing it off of release dates in japan , then it does seem more plausible that it would be the third diamond/pearl game. Given that we wouldn't see it over here till next year at the latest anyway if that's the case makes it fit our release schdule of the games as well. I wouldn't be surprised though to see a Gold/Silver remake done after that though.

#9 Homerun17

Homerun17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

PokemonOpal.com takes you to Nintendo........:O

#10 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

shocking its only been a year
WOOOO I STINK

#11 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Agreed. We know that there will be a third pokemon game for the diamond/pearl set , but it seems too soon. I'm leaning more towards a remake of gold/silver/crystal as well with the third diamond/pearl game coming out next year. The only other possibilty is a new spinoff series for pokemon.

Edit: After following the link , and stupidly realizing that there basing it off of release dates in japan , then it does seem more plausible that it would be the third diamond/pearl game. Given that we wouldn't see it over here till next year at the latest anyway if that's the case makes it fit our release schdule of the games as well. I wouldn't be surprised though to see a Gold/Silver remake done after that though.

I can only imagine nintendo remaking Gold/Silver to rerelease on the ds. The trend with the pokemon games seems to be two sets of games per handheld, and it would only be pure bliss if they where to rerelease Gold/Silver on ds with the Diamond/Pearl visuals.

And say that the Diamond/Pearl third version comes out in japan in say August, I think we could see it here in the states in early '09 since localization time seems to be decreasing as of late.

#12 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

Looking at that chart, I'd interpret that as them just guessing that something would be out this year, since the 3rd ones have come out 2 years after the first two. Doesn't seem like any kind of rumor at all, but of course I have no idea if there is any text to go along with it.

#13 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

I can only imagine nintendo remaking Gold/Silver to rerelease on the ds. The trend with the pokemon games seems to be two sets of games per handheld, and it would only be pure bliss if they where to rerelease Gold/Silver on ds with the Diamond/Pearl visuals.

And say that the Diamond/Pearl third version comes out in japan in say August, I think we could see it here in the states in early '09 since localization time seems to be decreasing as of late.

Both your statements sound about right. The original series of GB and GBC saw 2 sets of Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver. The GBA saw 2 sets of pokemon games in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green. Seeing the DS get Diamond/Pearl/? and Remake Gold/Remake Silver would fit the model.

The new pokemon game coming out over here in early 09 sounds about right as well as most of the new main pokemon games have been releasing out over here usually around april/may if I'm not mistaken.

#14 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Both your statements sound about right. The original series of GB and GBC saw 2 sets of Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver. The GBA saw 2 sets of pokemon games in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green. Seeing the DS get Diamond/Pearl/? and Remake Gold/Remake Silver would fit the model.

The new pokemon game coming out over here in early 09 sounds about right as well as most of the new main pokemon games have been releasing out over here usually around april/may if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly. I think Nintendo's plan this year with pokemon is to get Pokemon Ranger 2 out here in the states by I'd say November, then have pokemon [instert color] ready to ship by Q1 2009.

#15 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:12 AM

I want a Gold/Silver remake. Definitely the best games in the series. But I don't want all 45X pokemon in the remake, just the original 251.

#16 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

these handheld pokemon games are cool and all but its way past time for them to make a competent 3d pokemn game. where you can catch pokemon in a fully realized world and have battles that are more than the basic turn based rpg fare. something liek that would go a long way to show others that theyre not just about lame remakes but they will keep doing it because they know nintendo fanboys will eat up anything they crap out.

#17 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

we should have a competition to guess the name. I'm going with either opal or jade ( although that may mae further confusion over those pirated 'diamond' and 'jade' GBA games )
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#18 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

these handheld pokemon games are cool and all but its way past time for them to make a competent 3d pokemn game. where you can catch pokemon in a fully realized world and have battles that are more than the basic turn based rpg fare. something liek that would go a long way to show others that theyre not just about lame remakes but they will keep doing it because they know nintendo fanboys will eat up anything they crap out.

Nice contribution to the thread.

Remakes? The only remakes of the pokemon RPG games where Red/Blue to Fire Red and Leaf Green. The third version of the RPG's usually involves a slightly different storyline with a bigger variety of pokemon than it's two previous versions and usually has ALOT of extra content and gameplay tweaks added to it. Yes, a full 3D pokemon RPG adventure would be nice, but the handheld games are fantastic themselves and a full 3D remakes isn't necessary, not everything that goes 3D translates well to begin with.

Yes, the battles are basic turnbased, but what turnbased RPG isn't? The strategy of the game goes much deeper than the simple attack and wait mechanics. And, the nintendo fanboys comment wasn't really needed :D

#19 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Pokemon has as much depth if not more than most Final Fantasies. Its not as basic as you think. I personally can't stand grinding but I find tons of other things to enjoy from the series.

Its understandable that everyone is underwhelmed but I for one can't wait. The third game usually comes out 2 years after, so it'll still be awhile.

It'd great if you could go to Johto in this one. No remake necessary.

#20 Dyson

Dyson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Gold was great, I'd love to see it remade. Or an all-encompassing Pokemon game that has you visit all of the countries.

I never buy the 3rd game of a Pokemon set, since it just seems like a rehash with nothing really enticing.

#21 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

Not to be off-topic, but Darkrai is being given away at Toys R Us on May 31 and June 1 for Diamond & Pearl.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#22 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Not to be off-topic, but Darkrai is being given away at Toys R Us on May 31 and June 1 for Diamond & Pearl.

Even better news!

#23 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

Darkrai? good news for me I wonder if it'll be the item to get to darkrai or just darkrai either way that's good news.

Third installment would be interesting hopefully it's good.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#24 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:49 AM

Its funny how, ever since Reggie said "we're gonna make a new game based on a Nintendo franchise and announce it at E3! You're gonna flip shit!" every single nintendo franchise has been rumored to sequel by the end of the year. If only they could all be true...

Reggie didn't say it was going to be a game based on an already existing franchise, he just said that people were going to be excited about it. I watched the GTTV interview.
Posted Image

#25 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

I am surprised that is has not been officially announced yet.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#26 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

Ok, so what's different about Emerald compared to Ruby/Sapphire? Same with Crystal, what's different about it compared to Crystal/Gold..?

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#27 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Ok, so what's different about Emerald compared to Ruby/Sapphire? Same with Crystal, what's different about it compared to Crystal/Gold..?

The difference between Emerald and Crystal from Ruby/Sapphire and Gold/Silver was mainly in the pokemon that appeared. Emerald and Crystal both had the most pokemon readily available out of the box compared to the it's two predecessors, plus is had exclusives that only appeared in one version.

Besides the monsters, the offered other changes as well. For the first time, the player could choose between being a male or female, some trainers positions on the map where altered, when trainers called you on the phone, they now had distinct personalities, two subplots where added involving the legendary dog suicine and the unkowns, animated battle sprites where shown for the first time, the battle tower was introduced, you could obtain both lugia and ho-oh now, the events to get the 8th badge changed slightly and the player now received two eggs during the metagame, with the new egg hatching to be any of the new baby pokemon that had been introduced with gold/silver and it had a 50% of being shiny.

Emerald did the exact same for the available pokemon as crystal, but it's metagame changes where different. Now after beating the elite four and garnering the national dex, you could go back and fight gym leaders at their respective gym with stronger pokemon and changed lineups, after you completed the games starting pokedex, birch gave you one of the starters from gold/silver, 2-on-2 battles increased, you where able to catch both kyogre and groudon, a new area called altering cave was put into the game, and finally the battle frontier was a big introduction to the after game.

#28 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

I don't care about D/P/? ! I just want my G/S/C remake! :bomb:

#29 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

This CAN'T be a third game in the sense of a third iteration of Pokemon, because Diamond/Pearl is already Pokemon FOUR. The next one would be five. So yeah, just another spin of the same game.

That would be a completely different game then. Might be good, but it wouldn't replace the Pokemon games as they exist now. It would be some kind of spin off (and I'm not sure what being 3D has anothing to do with anything).

#30 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokemon Platinum looks to be the 3rd game, in addition to Diamond/Pearl.