Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

• Please log in to reply
2276 replies to this topic

#1 AllahBomber

AllahBomber

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

CAG PS3 UT3 Night is on hold indefinitely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to check the "Requirements" section below.

Schedule
Date: TBD
Server: CAG
Pass: cag
Time: 9:30 PM EST / 6:30 PM PST
Keyboard/Mouse: Allowed
Mic: If you don't have one, get one

Mode: TBD
Maps: See "Requirements" below

Instructions
Joining the server:
1. Load up UT3
2. Go to multiplayer
3. When searching for a game search via the game type. Also make sure you set locked servers to Yes since the server is password protected.
4. Find the server by name, it will be called CAG
5. The password is always cag
6. Join game and frag people!

If you can't see the server, make sure you're using the right game mode for that night. If everything checks out but you're still running into issues, add someone who's a regular to your UT3 friends list (separate from PSN), then go to "Community > Friends" and 'follow' them. You will still need to enter the password.

Weekly:

TBD

NEW=Everyone needs to download, even regularly attending players
OLD=Regulars probably have these, newer players probably don't. Everyone needs to verify though!
(Mod Browser)=Map is available directly from the Mod Browser, but a link is provided as a backup.
Persistent:
(Needed every week except during Bombing Run)
Spoiler

Tutorial for getting user content:
Spoiler

Downloads in Limbo:
Keep an eye on this section for future dates!
Spoiler

Bombing Run
For people who are interested in playing Bombing Run. It's a game type where you try to run the ball through the enemy's goal/portal thing, or you can also shoot it through. Running nets more points though. You can't shoot weapons while holding the ball, can only shoot the ball.
Unfortunately, since Bombing Run is a completely different game type, no other maps can be used except the ones below. So, you'll need to download all of these files to play it:

* Bombing Run Game type <-- You MUST download/install this first
* BR Black Ice
* BR Facing Worlds
* BR Hard Court
* BR Heroes of Anubis
* BR Holy Crapola
* BR Icelands
* BR Matrix Lobby
* BR Roundabout
* BR Sanctuary
* BR Space Station
* BR Suspense
* BR Thorns
* BR Twin Tombs

CAG Regulars
Spoiler

TBD - Bombing Run
TBD - Deathmatch
TBD - Vehicle CTF
TBD - Wildcard Week (Betrayal)
TBD - Team Deathmatch
TBD - Warfare
*-Repeat-*

Edited by AllahBomber, 06 March 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

Good job with the first posts and I want to wish you all the best with CAG UT3 night. As of right now it isn't needed, but down the road, it would be best to put a PS3 icon logo in front of the main post, or put "PS3" just before "Night", to indicate it's the PS3 version (to eliminate confusion on the forum front page).

Some stuff I told you via PM, but I made a post regarding setting up game nights and such (like info I need):
http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=327

As a warning, your first and second night may not be too successful, with only a few showing up (I've been there before), but you just gotta keep at it and more will definitely come, since they can see it's pretty serious.
Posted Image

#3 Projekt2501

Projekt2501

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

I just saw this after posting on the other thread asking about set night and such. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to these nights as I work during those hours.

I know GTAIV will take over sundays, and I won't be able to show up to that either since I'm not picking up the game right away. After throwing money away on R6V2, I wait to get 3rd party developed titles to make sure everything is solid, including the online.

#4 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

I just saw this after posting on the other thread asking about set night and such. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to these nights as I work during those hours.

I know GTAIV will take over sundays, and I won't be able to show up to that either since I'm not picking up the game right away. After throwing money away on R6V2, I wait to get 3rd party developed titles to make sure everything is solid, including the online.

what hours do you work on Monday/Weekdays?

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Are character mods okay? Also...I assume everyone's going to use a Controller and not KB/M.

They fixed the Microphone glitch, right?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

Are character mods okay? Also...I assume everyone's going to use a Controller and not KB/M.

They fixed the Microphone glitch, right?

Character mods should be fine. I'm not sure how they work with respect to not everyone having them. I'll post a list and links to required extra stuff outside of the base game stuff we'll need for the coming CAG nights.

The microphone is supposed to be fixed in the patch, but from my pub playing experience I haven't heard anyone talk. I'd be up for trying it out on CAG night though or earlier if anyone wants.

KB/M vs. Controller. I grew up playing with a kb/m, so that's what I use for UT3 and one of the big reasons I got it. If a majority have serious qualms with it, we can discuss it after the first CAG night.

#7 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Wooo. About time. The DLC should be mandatory. It's free so if you have the game there's no reason why you shouldn't have it. I can't wait to see how our first night goes.

#8 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

Wooo. About time. The DLC should be mandatory. It's free so if you have the game there's no reason why you shouldn't have it. I can't wait to see how our first night goes.

I agree, free easy to get DLC should be mandatory. As for the user created content I'm still iffy and a definite no on the first night. I'm really going to see how it fares and take it from there. There are definitely some great dm maps I've looked at in the past two days or so I'd love to throw in the map rotation as well as try out some of the mutators. We'll probably be voting from week to week what people want to play. I'll probably just try things the first few weeks. On top of it all user content is sort of a PITA to install.

#9 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

I'll take a stab at this if I remember.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#10 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

updated with map rotation for tonight as well as potentials for next week.

#11 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

I should be around tonight...I kinda hate Deathmatch but I may pop-on just to help pad everyone's kill numbers.

TMK gave me the okay to start UT3 nights on Mondays.

LOL. Did you have to kiss the ring? :roll:

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#12 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

I should be around tonight...I kinda hate Deathmatch but I may pop-on just to help pad everyone's kill numbers.

LOL. Did you have to kiss the ring? :roll:

You didn't know that Mana was the PS3 CAG Night Godfather? Gotta kiss the ring dude and get your blessings! On a more serious note, it just reserves a spot so we're not competing with other games that night for hopefully higher attendance.

I picked dm over other stuff (dm 'cept dueling isn't my favorite mode) mostly because it's the most accessible on the first night. I'm not really sure how attendance is going to pan out either. I think it'll really be a hit or miss, but based on that, the active players can help steer the nights into something everyone would like is my plan. I'm hoping to do other modes besides dm in the future.

#13 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

I picked dm over other stuff (dm 'cept dueling isn't my favorite mode) mostly because it's the most accessible on the first night. I'm not really sure how attendance is going to pan out either. I think it'll really be a hit or miss, but based on that, the active players can help steer the nights into something everyone would like is my plan. I'm hoping to do other modes besides dm in the future.

No worries...you certainly don't have to cater to my tastes!

I'm an "enthusiastically mediocre" gamer and I tend to play better with team objectives rather than every-man-for-himself games, so I favor TDM and VCTF over regular 'ole DM.

I'm just grateful that we're playing!

#14 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

well, if turn out goes well I'll probably opt for ctf/warfare/tdm next week and adjust map rotations.

#15 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

We gotta make sure we all have each other on our buddy lists.

#16 ecmazza

ecmazza

CAG, where is my wallet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

I am interested, but cannot make a 9:00 PM EST start time. I am west coast and typically work until 6:00 PM PST (so 9:00 EST). Perhaps I can look to hop on when I get home? How long do you think you will be online...things like eating and such may push me back even later...

But yeah, this should be great for people who are able to join in!
My BLOG: www.christianspicer.com (stand-up stuff, video game thoughts, random-awesome stuff)
Me on MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/christianspicercomedy
Me on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook....christianspicer
Me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/spicer
Me on YouTube: www.youtube.com/christianspicer
Posted Image

#17 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

I'm thinking 9:30pm EST or 10pm EST may be good in the future, to get the people from the west coast in. 9:30pm EST is a perfect time IMO for games; however, since it's not a 00 time, people tend to show up at 10pm or 9pm (from my experience).
Posted Image

#18 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I have blackout, randy, and projekt on my list.

#19 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

I am interested, but cannot make a 9:00 PM EST start time. I am west coast and typically work until 6:00 PM PST (so 9:00 EST). Perhaps I can look to hop on when I get home? How long do you think you will be online...things like eating and such may push me back even later...

But yeah, this should be great for people who are able to join in!

I'm not entirely sure how long it's going to be since it's the first night, but COD4 nights usually last about an hour and Warhawk longer. For the map rotation I have of 10 mins per map * 8 maps = 80 mins or so probably a bit longer. I think the rotation will hopefully loop if we hit an end and people are still there.

#20 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

We gotta make sure we all have each other on our buddy lists.

UT3 is one of the games where you've got to maintain a separate list in the game, right? It doesn't carry over from the XMB list, for some dumb reason.

Regardless, I'll add you to both of mine. Hone's already on there!

#21 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

UT3 is one of the games where you've got to maintain a separate list in the game, right? It doesn't carry over from the XMB list, for some dumb reason.

Regardless, I'll add you to both of mine. Hone's already on there!

I'm pretty sure it pulls from xmb. I haven't tried "inviting" people outside of the xmb list, but people from xmb who login on I think get auto added. I know messaging in ut3 is kept separate.

#22 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

I sent you guys who posted in this thread buddy invites.

These CAG nights should be great because I can expand my stats. I usually only play a couple matches at a time but these longer sessions should work really well.

#23 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

I didn't know there were stats in ut3, is it only on official servers?

#24 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

Ironically enough, I jumped on the UT3 $39.99 deal at Amazon, so I may very well get this in the mail today. If I do, I'll jumped on for sure (and likely get wiped out in the process). No microphone for me though.

My PS3 tag is MrDiamondJ.

#25 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:03 AM

First night of unreal, and I have a migraine,but I might play anyway :lol:

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#26 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

I plan on playing...for a couple matches at least.

EDIT: Are character mods okay?
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#27 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

server is up.

#28 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

I plan on playing...for a couple matches at least.

EDIT: Are character mods okay?

character mods should be ok.

#29 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

Everyone was warping all over the place for me. That 437 ping I saw sure didn't help.

I'll play next week if the ping number comes down dramatically. I think I was holding my own in that second game. First game...the only one with a character mod...I sure do stand out.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#30 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

sorry about the ping, my g/f was actually streaming stuff I didn't realize. She stopped after you left, so like 4th round. How's everyone's ping though? good/bad/playable? If we have to we can shop around for hosts, someone else can host next week.