40 replies to this topic

#1 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

Price Drop - Old Price: $179.99 Save $130.00

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=22348

The hard part now is actually finding an in-store copy (as it's back ordered online...). But there is a store locater, so good luck...

#2 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Price Drop - Old Price: $179.99 Save $130.00

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=22348

The hard part now is actually finding an in-store copy (as it's back ordered online...). But there is a store locater, so good luck...

There is a store 40 miles from me that supposedly has it in stock; I will have to give this some serious consideration before taking the plunge. That's a lot to store when not in use.

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Not on BC list
"Evil is Funs"

#4 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Not on BC list

Um, yeah, and I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon considering that controller won't work on the 360. ;)

#5 Stonecoldfreak1

Stonecoldfreak1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Not on BC list

not like it ever could be. there isn't even a way to plug the controller into the 360.

#6 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Holy CRAP!

I would grab this just as a PC controller. But god dang it the nearest store that has it is 20 miles away.

:cry:

Hmmm, excursion perhaps...
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#7 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Only 20 miles? I'd say that's worth it. Nearest one to me is... Out of the state.

#8 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

89 miles from me lol.

#9 Hunter55

Hunter55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

3 stores by me supposedly have it.....im seriously thinking about buying this just 2 have it, doubt i'd ever play it

#10 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

hmmm might have to go after one. there is one supposedly only 16 miles away. choices...choices

55877.png
563306.png

#11 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

Oh...3 miles away. Gonna check it out tomorrow.
=========================
Posted Image

#12 stimutax

stimutax

I speel my drink!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Ha, nothing found for 100 miles. Guess I'm out.

#13 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

Wow, I thought this was the regular deal. I went into a Gamestop last year and got it for $49.99 with everything. Did they just change it online?

#14 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

It's been at $50 for a while, used. It really isn't worth it, I bought it and returned it. Unless you're REALLY into Mechs and simulations. Prepare to spend some time reading the instruction manual, I played it once and couldn't even figure out what to hit to get out of the starting hangar. I ended up just hitting the eject button and the windshield wipers, since that's mainly what I wanted to try out when I heard about it.

Pass, unless you thought reading the driver's ed manual was fun.

#15 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Just looked and one store near me has it and it is the store I always go to. Well worth the 50 bucks. Hell I paid full price for mine when the second set of them came out. The levels end up being some what the same after a few of the missions. To bad they didnt make this one BC. Then maybe LOC would still be played. Hell I remember when capcom was charging 5000 to 10000 dollars for this. I sent an e-mail asking why they were charging so much and it was do to the fact that they did not make it anymore and did not want people to order it. Dont know why they just didnt take it off their site.

Anyway great game for the price. Someone I worked with wanted to play mine and is really into mechs so I might send him an e-mail and tell him about it.
Posted Image

#16 lakers310

lakers310

Fire Norv!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

wow! i have 3 within 10 miles of me.
Posted Image

#17 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

Wow, I thought this was the regular deal. I went into a Gamestop last year and got it for $49.99 with everything. Did they just change it online?

I passed on one for $49.99 last summer because the controller was beat to hell. Actually, I passed on two. I have no room to store the beast of a controller anyway.

#18 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

Its hard. Very hard. Very very hard.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#19 spidey35

spidey35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

I bought this game when it first came out. I would definitely recommend this game at this price. the only problem is the controller is so big.

#20 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:54 AM

I really want to get this i just don't think i really would put enough game play into this. If i can find one in decent condition i guess i'll bite, i can never say no to stuff like this.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#21 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:09 AM

I was able to find a mint copy of the game and controller in the original box on Craigslist for $40 about a year ago. The guy also threw in a mint copy of the second game and the guide.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#22 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:26 AM

The collector in me is tempted, very tempted. The problem is that I have nowhere to put the thing.

#23 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:34 AM

Hmm two of my local GS have them "in stock" I might check this out.

Now I just have to find an xbox since I sold my Halo Ed. Not going to be hard, just wondering if it would be worth it

#24 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

I still can't get certain site links to open.
I click the link and get, "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at click.linksynergy.com."

Then when I went to gamestop.com, I typed in Steel Battalion and it didn't show up.
What the crap?

6041.png

#25 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

I still can't get certain site links to open.
I click the link and get, "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at click.linksynergy.com."

Then when I went to gamestop.com, I typed in Steel Battalion and it didn't show up.
What the crap?

Be sure you have the search setting to "show out of stock items" on gamestop.com.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#26 jeffg

jeffg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

I got the only one left in the DFW Metroplex.

The 3 stores: Arlington, Red Bird, and the other don't have it. The one in Dallas has game only, no controller, I got the one on Arkansas in Arlington, and the Red Bird store I stopped at it also and they didn't have it even though they show they do. They just had line of contact

#27 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

I got the only one left in the DFW Metroplex.

The 3 stores: Arlington, Red Bird, and the other don't have it. The one in Dallas has game only, no controller, I got the one on Arkansas in Arlington, and the Red Bird store I stopped at it also and they didn't have it even though they show they do. They just had line of contact

Pretty lame to have the game but no controller.

My inner mech geek couldn't resist getting this. When the guy brought out the big green box from the back room I couldn't help smiling. The guy working there was just looking at me like I had a third eye. Meh.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to set up this thing. :)
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#28 mrlokievil

mrlokievil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

It's a great price for this game. I have it and it's really hard but still worth it. I just wish that there were other games that you could use the controller with.
Wii code: 5985 6698 1066 2949

PS3 username: MrLokiEvil

#29 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Pretty lame to have the game but no controller.

My inner mech geek couldn't resist getting this. When the guy brought out the big green box from the back room I couldn't help smiling. The guy working there was just looking at me like I had a third eye. Meh.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to set up this thing. :)

I think the game doesn't even work without the controller, but I have never tried, so it's completely pointless.

#30 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

Oh jeez, there is one like 4 miles from my house. Too bad I'm at University for another two weeks.