Photo
- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

• Please log in to reply
1418 replies to this topic

#1 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

SingStar PS3

Posted Image

SingStar Vol 2 PS3

Posted Image

SingStar Queen PS3

Posted Image

SingStar ABBA PS3

Posted Image

SingStar Dance PS3

Posted Image

[B]Songs available to buy in the SingStore ...

Click this link to see all songs at the SingStar website ...

Click this link to see a Google Document of SingStar Dance add-on songs.
Spoiler

Edited by StrandedBrit, 01 February 2011 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#2 TahoeMax

TahoeMax

Tastes good with milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Only 30 tracks? Kinda weak.

But jeeeeeeezus that's a lot of DLC. Is that all supposed to be up at launch? Amazed to see American Pie on there. One of the best songs evarrrr. And also a few other songs that I wanna see on RockBand. How the heck can Singstar get Today by the Pumpkins and we don't see it on RB?

EDIT: DAAAAAYUM they got Hammer!!!!

#3 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Oh BTW, I also posted in the GameSharing thread, but if anyone is looking at getting this and buying songs from the store, post in there as I'd be up for that.
Posted Image

#4 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

I have some of the PS2 Singstars and I'm wondering if I could use those PS2 mics that I have for this game?

#5 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

I'm kind of interested in the game. Does it get boring or is it mainly one of those games you play with your friend?

#6 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

I have some of the PS2 Singstars and I'm wondering if I could use those PS2 mics that I have for this game?

Just read this and they says YES! Looks like I'll be keeping mine as well. And the article says that's 200 songs to download at launch with around 50 or so per month there on out.

I'm kind of interested in the game. Does it get boring or is it mainly one of those games you play with your friend?

If you like karaoke then it's great. Other than that it's always a laugh with friends and/or booze.:lol:
Posted Image

#7 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the post, I read Kotaku's article but it didn't have any info on the downloadable content. I'm happy about the $1.49 per song, and damn that's a big list of songs. There's some from the previous Singstars that I was hoping to see on there, but oh well.

#8 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

I absolutely cannot wait for this game. I love Karaoke games and I've been wanting SingStar for ages. I just passed up because I wanted SingStar on PS3.

Only thing I want to hear is Vanilla Ice as some DLC (lol, I seriously want to sing to Ice Ice Baby, which is the only reason I want SingStar 90's Edition).

Hmm, should I buy used microphones cheap at GS and get the standalone version?

I'm SO buying M.C. Hammer and En Vogue, and I definitely plan to sing to them. :-P
Posted Image

#9 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

I'm SO buying M.C. Hammer and En Vogue, and I definitely plan to sing to them. :-P

I got 90's which has Hammer on there and it's hard! I suck at all the rap-o-meter songs actually.

List is good, and with up to 10 new songs a week, it should be real cool for the future.
Posted Image

#10 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Just read this and they says YES! Looks like I'll be keeping mine as well. And the article says that's 200 songs to download at launch with around 50 or so per month there on out.

Awesome! I'm definitely getting this then. :D
Lots of songs to download as well, can't wait!

#11 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

There is an update at the PS Blog:
http://blog.us.plays...te-and-details/

Can't wait. :D
Posted Image

#12 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

Why aren't there more tracks on the actual disc? Hmm...

samuraifez.png

#13 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Now I know where Sony's been allocating all the PSX games on PSN development folks. Christ what a difference.

You *know* the answer to that 'un.

EDIT: My opinion of this game? Make new cover art. I don't want to have to look at that chachi-lookin' fucker everytime I put the disc in.
Posted Image

#14 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

At 40 bucks a disc and with 30 songs that turns out to be $1.33 each. Not that shabby, but that's the way all the SingStars have always been. 30 songs. It's just that now we actually get pick more from the store.

I do think they should have upped it to 40 maybe. Last gen it was $30 for 30 songs on PS2. They increased the price to 40 so you'd have thought that maybe we would be 40 songs. Oh well.

Still no interest in a SingStar song sharing group?
Posted Image

#15 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

Song licensing is usually the explaination for why they don't put a lot of music in games. Sony themselves has to pay for the licensing, and if they were to have 100+ songs, that could basically mean they'd lose money on each copy sold, so that's what songs are limited (same reason as to why DDR Universe on 360 has content on the disc, but you gotta pay to use it because it pays for licensing).

Still no interest in a SingStar song sharing group?

I probably won't share my songs.
Posted Image

#16 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

So, I reckon the two Logitec mics I have and the one mic that came with Rock Band don't work on this game.

#17 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

So, I reckon the two Logitec mics I have and the one mic that came with Rock Band don't work on this game.

Nope, because two SingStar mics plug into one USB. It works a tad different too.
Posted Image

#18 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

The nice thing is for $1.49, you get the music video in HD.

#19 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

EDIT: My opinion of this game? Make new cover art. I don't want to have to look at that chachi-lookin' fucker everytime I put the disc in.

Seriously. What were they thinking? Looks like something you'd see in a Game Infarcer review.
Posted Image

#20 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

I may think about picking this up but I know given the songs on disc all the stuff I pick will be the DLC.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#21 terribledeli

terribledeli

Zombiologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:23 AM

The nice thing is for $1.49, you get the music video in HD.

Not necessarily. I don't think there's any downloadable songs with HD video in the Euro store.

Even Sony's blog has sorta back peddled from that claim to "When you think that you’re getting the song PLUS the video by the original artist PLUS it’s all fully playable via SingStar, it’s a great value."
"Cheapness is not a sense" - Jerry Seinfeld

#22 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Apology for the noob question, but what makes singstar different than Karaoke Revolution or Rock Band Vocals?

Is this one more of a straight up Karaoke machine type thing?

#23 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Mana may have a more in depth analysis for you ....

But I think Karaoke Revolution and SingStar are very similar with SingStar having the real music videos and real artists vs Karaokes (and Rock Bands) covers/lack of music video. It's really up to what songs you can find/like on each.

As for Rock Band, I've tried both and it seems that Rock Band vocals are a lot less complex. It was very easy to get 100% on easy. On SingStar I've never got 100% on easy (some close though). That and you only really get rock songs, whereas SingStar has a larger variety.

EDIT: Still looking for people for a SingStar Gameshare group.
Posted Image

#24 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

Anyone know if Singstar has come out in South Korea or Japan or any PS3 versions of this are scheduled for it?
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#25 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

I'm not familiar with many of the songs on the list, but are they all from Sony's record label?

#26 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

So has there been any word on if the Mics included with the PS3 version will work with the PS2 games (played on a PS3)? confusing?

Hail to Pitt!

#27 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

So has there been any word on if the Mics included with the PS3 version will work with the PS2 games (played on a PS3)? confusing?

I think they should, but can't remember if I heard that around GameFAQs or not.
Posted Image

#28 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

they are robbing ur money.

#29 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

Amazon has a $5 off deal right now. Not sure when it expires but if you use the promotional code SINGSTAR when checking out you get $5 off. That means you can get the standalone for 35 and bundle for 55.

Here's the link.

I just pre-ordered a standalone for $34.99 with free shipping (and no tax).
Posted Image

#30 mick16

mick16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

So will the Rock Band Mic work with this or no?