CAGcast #117: Gaybots are Hitting on Me

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:46 AM

Cheapy and Wombat discuss GTA, embargoes, the video game pricing problem, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Win a prop from the Iron Man Movie
Win Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast117.mp3Download - 110 minutes, 44MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture:
Posted Image

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

#2 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

Sweet I'll have something to listen to later tonight.

#3 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

Bad ass! Going to download it now and listen to it in the morning!

Posted Image

#4 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:26 AM

Whoa what a surprise! Will listen before bed.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Nice, I can listen to it while I do my midterms tomorrow.
Posted Image

#6 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

I can't wait for the GTA4 impression! I am getting mine Friday.. if possible.

#7 weevles

weevles

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:31 AM

Cool, a random CAGcast!

#8 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

Great Odin's Raven! I wasn't expecting this!

#9 Brendan duggan

Brendan duggan

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:39 AM

jeah holmes
Posted Image

GT : Bdugz24769

#10 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:44 AM

I am listening to it right now as I type scholarship applications lol
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#11 _Sin_

_Sin_

EAT A BAGLE, LIKE A BOSS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

swoot, the boredom at work will be killed for an hour!
Posted Image
:whee:

#12 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

Cheapy, what do you think about the 630p resolution issue on PS3 vs 720p on 360 vis-a-vis geometry rendering complaints with the 360.

Not trying to fan any flame-wars, but I remember there was much hoopla over a similar issue with HALO 3.

Soure http://kotaku.com/38...whats-that-mean

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#13 LarryGe

LarryGe

Silent CAGcast Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

Way to make it so I don't get any sleep tonight

#14 vampireblood

vampireblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:47 AM

Listening to it right now. WoAH Wombat, nice Sub!

#15 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:52 AM

Nice downloading now. This definitely was very unexpected. I hope we can get a GTA CAG game with Cheapy and Wombat in it soon.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#16 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Posted Image

#17 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

I had to look for that scene described by Cheapy. :rofl:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 daft07

daft07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

big sandwich and early podcast show.

#19 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

Cheapy, the problem with the PS3 is the exact same problem as the Wii. The Japanese culture. We as westerners marvel at the stuff Microsoft does for the 360 because they understand what games in the west want.

In Japan, this is not necessarily what Japanese gamers want. And to some extent, they don't care. It is not something prone to just console manufacturers' either, as seen with games such as Mr. Driller Online, Metal Gear Online, Nintendo games and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Online is an afterthought, and seems wedged in there just to say "we have online, praise us for having it".

And Sony can't give in-game music from the XMB because of Microsoft's patent on the technology (Which seems to be ignored largely). As for cross game invites and messaging, some things we just won't know until it actually happens.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#20 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

"I'm getting fat, man."

The way it was said had me chuckling. It's okay, Cheapy, you'll fit in just fine when you return to the U.S. Plus, it takes a lot of food energy to keep yourself bald and seven-feet tall.

#21 Ragekod

Ragekod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Just finished playing GTAIV and about to listen to this before I sleep.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

I had to look for that scene described by Cheapy. :rofl:

Wow, much worse than I remembered it!

#23 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

Cheapy for the record the xbox 360 is having the SAME connection problems as the PS3.....

I know you don't have the game, just wanted to set the record straight.

#24 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

Cheapy for the record the xbox 360 is having the SAME connection problems as the PS3.....

I know you don't have the game, just wanted to set the record straight.

I got the game a few hours after putting up the CAGcast...didn't have any problems playing online at all.

#25 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Gummi Bears intro FTW~!

Cheapy/Wombat, a good example of the $20 price tag for new games would be Take Two's experiment with NFL 2k (I forget the year) that was sold new for $20. EA actually responded with some choice words about that low price for a new game when Take Two did that. It sold REALLY well and it was just as good as the previous NFL 2k games. I think Take Two did that before EA finally got the exclusive rights to the NFL license.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#26 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

OMFG, that sandwich! DO WANT!

On another topic, regarding the discussion about game prices: Cheapy, I was surprised to hear you say games should cost the same as DVDs. How much entertainment time do you get from the average DVD? 2 hours? And how much entertainment time from the average game? At least 10, plus you can get good trade value when you are done with a game.

That, coupled with, as Wombat mentioned, the fact that DVDs are for the most part 2nd time around (after box office)... there really is no comparison.

Now, having multiple price tiers is a good idea... you are right, $60 for GTA vs. $60 for Iron Man is bs... of course, most copies of Iron Man will go to the teen and younger crowd, bought by their parents... which is why Sega can ask top dollar. It doesn't matter if a game is good for the younger crowd, they don't read reviews. It's all about the branding. And that is why crap games with a good brand will always be released at top dollar.

It does seem like unknown franchises should go with a different price model, though. I agree that way more people would buy a questionable game for cheap. I do when they are on clearance. Recent score, The Simpsons for 360, only $12 at Target, and quite a lot of fun! If it was released at $20, I probably would have bought it at launch.

Also, regarding that hilarious fight in the John Carpenter classic, "They Live":
1) The fight was real. They started going at it on the set, and JC kept filming.
2) Their was a fantastic blow-for-blow parody of this on South Park between Timmy and Jimmy(!)

Thanks again for the great CAGCast!

#27 ArthurDigbySellers

ArthurDigbySellers

Not exactly a lightweight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

I'm curious about Wombat's statement that people buying WiiFit makes him nauseous. Does he feel the same way about people buying DDR, EyeToy:Kinetic, Singstar, or one of the many other non-games? Is it just the fact that WiiFit comes with a "scale" that offends him?

I can understand why WiiFit would not be the type of game (or non-game) that you would want to play, but to complain that it makes you sick to think of people spending $90 on it is a but much. I think it is funny that people paid $70 for Eye of Judgement so that they could play a digital version of a card game but I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes me sick.

Currently Drinking:
Homebrew

#28 andy.evans

andy.evans

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Holy Fuck what an ignorant discussion about the PS3.

Why do you have to buy an overpriced 360 HDD to use for your system?
Why do you have to find special cables to transfer from one MS HDD to another if you want to?
Why do you have to spend hours and hours on the phone with MS trying to get the ability to play your Arcade games because they have garbage DRM?
Why do you have to pay for Xbox Live?
Why do you have to be overcharged for stuff because you have to buy MS "points"?
Why do you have to have a special wireless router to use with the 360?
Why does the 360 not have Wi-Fi built in, if a DS can have that?
Why do you have to have advertisements on the Marketplace?
Why did the 360 limit the ability of several titles by not including a HDD with every console?
Why does the 360 limit the file size of Arcade titles?
Why does about every other system fail due to shoddy architecture?
Why can you never have dedicated servers online?
Why whyw hwwhwhwywhwywhyhwywhwyhwywhyw

;_;

What a shitty discussion, seriously. The PS3 isn't a disappointment. It does have faults, but so does the 360. To shit on the PS3 and act like the 360 is some gaming nirvana is retarded. If the PS3 is a disappointment, so is the 360. You're only loyal to the games and Xbox Live.

#29 andy.evans

andy.evans

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

And shut the hell up about fucking installs on PS3. You keep saying 20GB users must have filled up their HDD's already. Who gives a shit. 20GB (the original maximum size of the 360 HDD) 360 users can fill up their HDD completely with Arcade titles and must delete and ration space. What the Fuck is the difference?

Seriously, make this a Wii60 podcast if all you're going to do is whine about irrelevant shit.

#30 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

And shut the hell up about fucking installs on PS3. You keep saying 20GB users must have filled up their HDD's already. Who gives a shit. 20GB (the original maximum size of the 360 HDD) 360 users can fill up their HDD completely with Arcade titles and must delete and ration space. What the Fuck is the difference?

Seriously, make this a Wii60 podcast if all you're going to do is whine about irrelevant shit.

So you're saying that you don't like the PS3?