Photo
- - - - -

Everyday Shooter NOW Available On Steam!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

save $1.00 while you are at it :P

$8.99 this week only!
$9.99 after (still a kick ass deal)

please for the love of god, buy it NOW! /plug

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=16300&cc=US

Posted Image

#2 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:36 AM

+1 Love this game on PSN

#3 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

Love this game. Buy it now. Go Go Go.

#4 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

+1 Love this game on PSN

this.

Easily one of my favorite shooters ever.

#5 xt3rmin8

xt3rmin8

Dont tread on me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:02 AM

bought it! great game :)

#6 mortalfloater

mortalfloater

I <3 refrigerators!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:05 AM

This game makes me happy in pants.

#7 Teqonix

Teqonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:07 AM

It's fun and neat to watch in action, but damn it sure does get tough.

#8 Archon29

Archon29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

Anybody know how the controls are on the PC? If they're good then I'm all over this.
Posted Image

#9 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:11 AM

been playing it for awhile tonight
i've come to the conclusion that the 360 controller is FAR superior to the PS3 controller for this game :D

ps: buy this game now >:(
Posted Image

#10 BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

On what days is this available for purchase?
Posted Image

#11 redgopher

redgopher

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:54 AM

Achievements on Steam? If so, consider me converted... maybe... 1080p 46" of everyday shooter love is hard to pull me away from

#12 Skexis

Skexis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

I hope someone makes a rip of this now that it's on PC. Even just the bare tracks themselves would be cool, but hearing someone else's interpretation of all the in-game sounds would be awesome.

I'll probably end up buying it after a while, but I don't even play Geometry Wars that often on PC, so I dunno.

#13 az0madman

az0madman

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

Does the shooting go all directions or is it limited to just horizontal, vertical and the four in between like the PS3 version? ...er, if I'm making sense. If you've played the PS3 version, I think you'd understand.

#14 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:04 AM

seems like this would be hard to play without an analog stick...I want a PC demo first.

#15 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

I bought it on PSN awhile back and I wasn't that enamored with it. It was great for the first hour or two but I just went straight back to Super Stardust HD after.

#16 SAGExSDX

SAGExSDX

Made in Korea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

o wow... this was one of the games i was looking to the PS3 and being semi jealous of. may bite!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

How much does this cost on PS3? Its great this stuff is getting ported to PC, but I would think $5 makes more sense than $10. If we just get a bunch of ports of PS3 and Live Arcade stuff, that's going to get old if it is as expensive or more so.

They didn't even add 16:10 resolution to this port. . .

#18 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

How much does this cost on PS3? Its great this stuff is getting ported to PC, but I would think $5 makes more sense than $10. If we just get a bunch of ports of PS3 and Live Arcade stuff, that's going to get old if it is as expensive or more so.

They didn't even add 16:10 resolution to this port. . .

If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games? Although they get the "add x.xx amount to purchase game" right.

#19 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

I picked this up for $4.99 when it was onsale on the PSN... simply awesome game. Very, very highly recommended if you like dual stick shooters at all.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#20 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games? Although they get the "add x.xx amount to purchase game" right.

There is tax on the PSN? Wow, that must suck, I live in Alaska, well that's worst but there is no tax for me. So I guess it depends on where you live, maybe if you change your address or whatever you can avoid the taxes.

#21 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

ummm....what?

I've never paid tax for ANY game on PSN.

#22 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:39 PM

Does the shooting go all directions or is it limited to just horizontal, vertical and the four in between like the PS3 version? ...er, if I'm making sense. If you've played the PS3 version, I think you'd understand.

I'm going to assume you're still limited to shooting in 8 directions. The reason why you were this limited in the first place is that the game was originally developed on PC. Playing with the keyboard, you can only aim in 8 directions. Kind of dumb that the PS3 version inherits a limitation from the PC, but what are you gonna do.

#23 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

It's fun and neat to watch in action, but damn it sure does get tough.

Agreed.

#24 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

ummm....what?

I've never paid tax for ANY game on PSN.

Some people get taxed on PSN (I believe states who charge sales tax on online purchases).

Anyway, I thought ES shooter was cool, but just not as good as SSD HD. Worth it on Steam though.
Posted Image

#25 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

I picked this up for $4.99 when it was onsale on the PSN... simply awesome game. Very, very highly recommended if you like dual stick shooters at all.

No way then this should be $9 on Steam. You don't have Sony to payoff, and Valve shouldn't be getting anywhere near what Sony extorts. I figure there will begin to be a flood of these ports, and next time I will wait for a $5 price point on sale.

At least once in a while I can find a deal on Live points, no such luck with Steam.

#26 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

a lot of you guys don't understand that Jonathan Mak was originally going to release for PC only, but then the attention he got from winning so many awards had sony pick up his game

also, i beleive he fixed the analog stick shooting on the PC version
on the 360, it feels much more smooth (can shoot wherever)

those complaining about the price, you are nuts!
totally worth the $10 :)
Posted Image

#27 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

cool this is tempting. I don't own a PS3.

#28 rendil

rendil

lurker extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games?

Never been charged tax here either (California), which is weird because I believe this is where SCEA is headquartered.
Currently playing: :ps3: PixelJunk Monsters, :wii: Super Mario Galaxy, :wii: Zack & Wiki, :psp: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Backlog: :wii: Metroid Prime 3, :psp: Final Fantasy Tactics

#29 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Well it looks like New York got shafted. I rarely pay tax for online purchases but there's tax here.

#30 vherub

vherub

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

picked up for $8.99 off steam tonight, no tax (ny)
awesome, awesome game
I was hesitant, but it's addictive and oddly soothing