A cool way to add a new mod

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:44 PM

Ok let me begin with a disclaimer I am not telling Cheapy how to run the site I just thought this was a cool idea. I know we all know people on here that we think would be a great mod. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have some kind of vote off to nominate a new Mod? I could see the title now the people's mod.
Posted Image

#2 greydemise

greydemise

Forever Furby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

i dont see how there wud be much change...i think cheapy and the rest run the site GREAT the way it is..ppl who are jerks usually get banned, puts up good deals on a consistent basis..plus chills with us as well 8-)..i dno if its a good or bad idea..just my 2 cents u kno
*this is a non-ass kissing post*
xbl: Lucky Furby

i rock your face.

#3 defender

defender

Supreme Arsehole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:11 PM

I see no benefit in your suggestion.

#4 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

I figured it would be fun and a great way for everybody to feel part of the site I guess I am on my own deserted island with that opinion. <=)
Posted Image

#5 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

I call this the "Last picked for dodgeball" syndrome

#6 Othergods

Othergods

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

I see no benefit in your suggestion.

Just what an appointed official would say to silence the people.... IKIK :lol:
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

"Know the Truth: www.wm3.org"
Posted Image

R.I.P.
Posted Image

#7 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:18 PM

Those who are popular are often unlikely to have the qualities that would be required of a mod.
I have to agree with defender.

Not only is there no real benefit, you'll likely cause issues, like a flood of fake/new posters trying to taint the result, as well as myriad of other issues.
You saw what putting a fake "secret" board on the site did... this could only end worse.

#8 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

I call this the "Last picked for dodgeball" syndrome

Quite a common occurance for you, wasn't it?

#9 dwsscs

dwsscs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:23 PM

Cheapy and whoever else run the site do a tremendous job! Leave a great thing alone!
A gamer since the Atari 2600, a lot has changed...

#10 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:27 PM

Ok let me begin with a disclaimer I am not telling Cheapy how to run the site I just thought this was a cool idea. I know we all know people on here that we think would be a great mod. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have some kind of vote off to nominate a new Mod? I could see the title now the people's mod.

Well, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities and your desire to nominate me, but I fear it could bring on too many joke nominations and possible mob rule. Thanks anyway ;)

#11 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

Those who are popular are often unlikely to have the qualities that would be required of a mod.
I have to agree with defender.

Not only is there no real benefit, you'll likely cause issues, like a flood of fake/new posters trying to taint the result, as well as myriad of other issues.
You saw what putting a fake "secret" board on the site did... this could only end worse.

Damn you foiled my plan of bringing DLF back as a mod. Instead of locking threads he would post naked pictures of himself to deter people from ever posting in the thread again.
Posted Image

#12 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#13 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:08 PM

I still think we need more mods. I've also noticed that the more frequent mods tend to be bunched up and are either all on at the same time, or there's no mods on at all. Maybe a few more would cover the spread. I dunno.

Oooh I have somebody on my island she has an adams apple and a beard but after a few months I can get past that.
Posted Image

#14 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:11 PM

:shock:

*considers ditching the Kurumi cosplay*

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#15 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

I really, really agree with you. I think there should be a few more mods.

#16 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:46 PM

Oooh I have somebody on my island she has an adams apple and a beard but after a few months I can get past that.

Posted Image

and on a serious note. I have noticed quite a bit of "No Mod time", but then again, ive been here an unsafe amount of time

#17 defender

defender

Supreme Arsehole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

We can all agree that the site needs more mods. I just don't think it is up to anyone but CheapyD to decide on that. This is his site, his house, and his rules. As far as I know he is the only guy here who has chosen a moderator. Anyone can go to him and request such and I am sure lots do. It is his opinion alone though that decides. It is not up to me or the other mods. CheapyD doesn't even ask my opinion about it...why should he.

#18 MorbidAngel4Life

MorbidAngel4Life

Down with the Clown.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

If you want, I could mod. I am on late at night when most mods arent. I could help out. Just a suggestion.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#19 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:45 AM

I agree that the site probably needs a couple more mods, but I don't think having a popularity contest is the best way to get more.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#20 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:46 AM

Maybe we should ask Cheapy to add a mod or two. I dunno.
MGO: LiquidCake

#21 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:48 AM

I say, "russian roulette!"

Pass the gun around to all CAG's and the one still alive is the new mod.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#22 SS4Brolly

SS4Brolly

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

Mods are generally chosen by Cheapy asking for suggestions/reccomendations from other Mods. I dont know, it's his decision if he wants to add more or not. Maybe after he see's this.
Got a problem that you need taken care of? Flame war going on thats out of control? Offensive posts?

PM me and I'll be glad to help

#23 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

I wanna be a mod, im on alot, but then again, if I was a mod, every1 would leave CAG :lol:

#24 Jaket

Jaket

Ask me about my Halo 3 stats

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:42 PM

I wanna be a mod, im on alot, but then again, if I was a mod, every1 would leave CAG :lol:

:roll:
still alive

#25 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:49 PM

I thought you said after Halo2 came out you were going to take some down time?

#26 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:18 AM

I'd stay here. It would just be me and you buddy. Maybe we could have some adult time all to ourselves. Some *cough* fun time, perhaps. :grouphug:

I'll be a mod... :D

#27 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

Not as fun and effective as a Ultimate Fighting match.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:28 AM

Not as fun and effective as a Ultimate Fighting match.

Everything is more fun with a gun. :twisted:

#29 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:57 PM

I really, really agree with you. I think there should be a few more mods.

I totally agree with this. A few more mods are definitly needed. It would also spread the load through out the site. A lot of the mods tend to bunch up during certain hours and at other times there are none, and much of the time they are really needed.

I don't think howevern that it should be a popularity contest..

#30 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:14 PM

A few more mods would be a good idea.