Super Smash Bros
Quake Wars
Crisis Core

#2 RCCP1977

RCCP1977

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

when is the trade 3 weekend and what is the difference,with the trade 3 right now?

#3 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Somewhat off topic.......but has anyone tried Boom Blox yet? It interests me, but I don't know if it's worth the full price. If I could trade for it it might be worth it...

#4 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

Somewhat off topic.......but has anyone tried Boom Blox yet? It interests me, but I don't know if it's worth the full price. If I could trade for it it might be worth it...

It's not worth $49.99 but it is a TON of fun. I love it.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#5 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

It's not worth $49.99 but it is a TON of fun. I love it.

Would you say it's more of a rental, or would you say I should just wait for a price drop? It looks entertaining....I just don't know HOW entertaining. I do have GTA to keep me busy for a long time anyways...

#6 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

I plan on buying it when it goes down in price.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)

#7 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

I have Haze on pre-order right now not knowing that NGII worked... I'm thinking of switching because I won't actually have a PS3 until June 12 >__>

#8 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Would you say it's more of a rental, or would you say I should just wait for a price drop? It looks entertaining....I just don't know HOW entertaining. I do have GTA to keep me busy for a long time anyways...

Trade 3 in for Haze, return it in two days, get BoomBlox and 10 bux back.

PS: puzzle games that pushes your brain (not brain age games) are the best!

#9 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EB?
GOW is 39NEW, why the hell are they basically giving you $50 in TIV when you get guitar hero??????

guitar hero new-59.99-GOW get it for 9.99!!!!!
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#10 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

when is the trade 3 weekend and what is the difference,with the trade 3 right now?

16th -18th is the weekend and you can pre order anything 59.99, if it is higher in value then you pay the difference.

#11 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

The flyer from EB says games under $69.99 but they are not many games over $59.99. I'm going to try for Wii Fit that weekend but I don't think I'll have luck. I don't think any more EB' in Ottawa are taking pre-orders I don't even want it on release day I just want to get it most payed for with trade ins.

Thanks for the info Ranzo.

#12 TheBigBoi

TheBigBoi

That's what she said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

So I'm guessing that part about trading in 1 game off of that list and getting Guitar Hero Aerosmith is just for the game itself, and not the guitar with it?
Currently failing school due to:

:wii: Guitar Hero 3
:ds: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

#13 gmoney1234567890

gmoney1234567890

Captain Canuck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:05 AM

most likely not bigboi, but you can probably just ask to pay the difference if you wanted it.
Boosh!

#14 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:58 AM

I didnt realize Aerosmith edition was getting released with a guitar. I thought it was standalone like Rock the 80's
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image

#15 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Anyone see the full-page ad in yesterday's Province? Gamecube games are no longer valid for Trade-3.

#16 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

That's true I have the ad in front of me it's: Playstation 2 /3, PSP, Wii DS and 360 only. I didn't notice till now. Which sucks because there are a few titles I traded in I want to buy again like Mario Golf and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Trade in 3 are the best time to find hard to find games.

#17 gmoney1234567890

gmoney1234567890

Captain Canuck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

does anyone have a scan for the aerosmith deal? MY EB apparently isn't doing the deal, even though they almost always do deals listed on CAG. So this would be a 1st for them.
Boosh!

#18 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

Sorry guys, it seems I jumped the gun on the Areosmith deal. It does not start until the 20th.

#19 doctorofstyle

doctorofstyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

Anyone see the full-page ad in yesterday's Province? Gamecube games are no longer valid for Trade-3.

thankfully i traded those titles in at the last event =D

#20 JnJosh

JnJosh

Baby come back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:32 AM

lol just traded in 3 gamecube games today for haze so YMMV but they also told me any game over 8$ except PC titles, which is usually pretty obvious.

#21 Ranzo

Ranzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

in a few weeks EB will not be taking any used pc titles. Getting out of the used pc market.

#22 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

It's funny how you guys always have different sales up there. I am picking up Boom Blox tomorrow. It looks fun but I still wonder why it isn't a $30 game. Probably have to pay Stephen Spielberg the extra $20 on each copy haha.

#23 constellation

constellation

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EB?
GOW is 39NEW, why the hell are they basically giving you $50 in TIV when you get guitar hero??????

guitar hero new-59.99-GOW get it for 9.99!!!!!

Because they're selling GOW for 59.99 and used for 54.99. So they'll still gain profit when people trade it in.

#24 AJD23

AJD23

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

Because they're selling GOW for 59.99 and used for 54.99. So they'll still gain profit when people trade it in.

No...they're selling GoW (God of War: Chains of Olympus) for 39.99. Maybe you've mistakened it for Gears of War?

#25 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

Correct!

its 39.99 NEW!
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#26 Element1

Element1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

They had no more copies of GTA4 at my EB...

#27 shifty_37

shifty_37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

On top of the trade three weekend coming these GH Aerosmith also has trade in one of the following games and get it for $9.99: (starts on the 20th)
God of War: Chains of Olympis

Friend that works at FS says that GoW will be on sale for $20 this week.

#28 mahjongmaniac1

mahjongmaniac1

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

in a few weeks EB will not be taking any used pc titles. Getting out of the used pc market.

lol, i had a good feelin' that EB will soon stop selling PC games. At my local EBG, i always see the same PP'ed PC titles when i visit the store. :-P

#29 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

Is Trade 3 this weekend? I think I need to try and see if they'll take my old GCN/XBX games before it's too late.

#30 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

EB Games actually has a pretty solid collection of new PC games, and often for less than other places. I saw Crysis and Warcraft III Battlechest for $40 while they're $50 everywhere else. And the Starcraft BC is only $20 while it's $25 or $30 most other places.

Also, I don't know if I will do this, but I did the trade in 3 for Haze a couple of weeks ago along with 4 other games. I decided to cancel my Haze pre-order because I've decided against buying a PS3. I then transferred it over to Ninja Gaiden II, but the guy didn't even seem to notice that it was a trade in 3 deal. I'm thinking I can just cancel my pre-order completely (the new receipt doesn't say anything about TI3... do the computers?) and get $60 credit.