Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Music Games GB/LD - GB) GHIII Bundles $60 - 4) PS2 SingStar Pop System $110

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

Amazon Gold Box Page - All Deals Listed Here

1) :ps3::360::wii::ps2:Guitar Hero III Bundles (PS3/360/Wii) $60, (PS2) $50 - DOTD

2):wii:Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party Bundle $50

Amazon is having another Gold Box deal on May 21 (this Wednesday). I just got the e-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased or shown interest in games and gear from the Rhythm/Music Genre at Amazon.com, you might want to check out the upcoming video game deals in the Amazon.com Gold Box on Wednesday, May 21. Find out more.

Clicked on 'find out more':

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008, video games from the rhythm/music genre will be featured as the top five deals in the Amazon.com Gold Box. The identities of each deal will be revealed one at a time.

Here's how it will work:

At 12:01 AM PST the first deal will be the Gold Box Deal of the Day. Its special discounted price will be available all day only on Wednesday, May 21 (or until we run out.)

Starting at 6:00 AM PST, the second deal will be featured as a Lightning Deal. This special price will be available for the following four hours.

Each of the three remaining deals will also be Lightning Deals. Starting at 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 6:00 PM PST, each deal will be available for four hours after it begins.

Discounts on each deal will be available only while supplies last.

But we all know this works. I'm guessing it'll be things like a Rock Band drum set for $50..or whatever. I would love to see DDR Hottest Party for the cheap.

TIme to speculate/guess/wish ^_^

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#2 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Yea Guitar Hero: On Tour would be great.

I just hope that Amazon does the multi-platform for each game if its available (ie Guitar Hero for PS3, Wii and 360) .

#3 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

You and Liboo posted at the same time!

I'm sure some people will be super excited by this, but darn I wish it was something else. I hate rhythm games :-(

...Although on the other hand I suppose I should be thankful I won't be spending any money that day!

#4 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Perhaps this will finally bring us the PS2 Rock Band Special Edition fire sale that I was hoping for, but I already bought the game used along with a mic, and then the drums from Amazon. I'd like to see the PS2/PS3 wireless Rock Band guitar at a firesale price, to complete my set. I could use an inexpensive USB hub too.

Then again, I tend to think of Rock Band and Guitar Hero as "music simulators", rather than rhythm games, so maybe what we'll see is Dance Dance Revolution (especially with new versions recently announced, they'll be wanting to sell off the current versions), Boogie, etc.

Crunchewy.png

#5 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

We'll probably get High School Musical (ONE of them) and that American Idol game. We'll also get one accessory. A rock band something or a guitar hero something.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Boogie on there either. :(

Now Playing:

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

One game is going to be Elite Beat Agents. Watch.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:05 PM

I have my doubts about that since they (Amazon) aren't currently selling it. It's only available through other sellers.

Crunchewy.png

#8 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hell I'd sell anyone a new copy for $12 shipped if someone is interested.

#9 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

I hope Guitar Hero : Encore :ps2: is offered. Thanks OP! I'll keep an eye on this. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#10 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

It would be nice if they'd discount Rock Band (game only) on the Xbox 360 to $30 to make up for the copy I had to return to Stootsi because it was too scratched to play. I don't think I'd be that lucky, but I can hope. Wonder if they'd be willing to discount the entire Rock Band bundle or if they'll mostly just be focusing on individual items/Guitar Hero bundles.

But we all know this works. I'm guessing it'll be things like a Rock Band drum set for $50..or whatever.

Err, they're already under $50 at Amazon, do you mean offering it for $50 off (that would put it at $30)?

#11 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

I have my doubts about that since they (Amazon) aren't currently selling it. It's only available through other sellers.

Does that strike anyone else as odd? It seems like most of the retail stores here still have the game - Amazon might be the first place I've come across that doesn't sell it anymore.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#12 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Where's a link to the site that has this information ahead of time?

#13 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

We got this in the e-mail.

Now Playing:

#14 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

No, there's an Amazon-oriented deal site that actually listed the deals off before they were known. Not that much ahead of time (maybe the night before or before the last two lightning deals) but still useful.

#15 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

hopefully they'll clear out the gh3 bundles to make room for aerosmith

#16 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

GH and Rock Band have had their days in the sun, now let something else come in.

#17 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

*crosses fingers* DDR DDR DDR DDR DDR...
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#18 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

*crosses fingers* DDR DDR DDR DDR DDR...

Precisely.

#19 fmobliv06

fmobliv06

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

oh thanks! i think...
i've been trying to save up but if they have Rock Band on the cheap i probably won't be able to resist.

#20 micro44

micro44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Every time they run one of these video game day deals, I manage to find one game out of the group that I go ahead and get. I assume this day will be no different.

Battle of the Bands for Wii is supposedly not selling too well, so that would be my guess for one of the deals.

#21 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

On a side note, I just won a copy of Aerosmith GH on the Slurpee give away, I never win anything, so its kind of cool for me.

#22 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

Battle of the Bands for Wii is supposedly not selling too well, so that would be my guess for one of the deals.

:roll: I completely forgot about that game. I would say I'd get it for $15 (and I would) but if they DID have it.. I can see it being $30 ..:-(

Now Playing:

#23 Fishercat

Fishercat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Despite the fact that there are many good rhythm games out there...I am really doubting we more than one or two of the good ones. Get ready for American Idol and Boogie!

#24 Blade70

Blade70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

High school musical baby!

#25 micro44

micro44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

:roll: I completely forgot about that game. I would say I'd get it for $15 (and I would) but if they DID have it.. I can see it being $30 ..:-(

I doubt it will drop all the way to $15.00 (at least not for this sale) and I doubt they would even go as far as $30.00.

34.99 or 39.99 would be my guess if it even appears at all.

#26 micro44

micro44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

The real question is what the Deal of the Day will be, since that is usually something that is pretty popular (like Advance Wars Days of Ruin in the last video game special day that Amazon ran).

It HAS to be something that is good. Some of the crappy stuff mentioned here will likely show up as the other deals throughout the day, but the DOTD has to be a quality title IMHO

#27 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

I just need a wireless Rock Band guitar... I'm hoping for a good price if it makes it.

#28 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

That WalMart one has the Wired Guitar. Screw that.

#29 equest943

equest943

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Maybe rock the 80's will go on sale. It does suck pretty hard and all. Or not completely, but it just wasn't quite up to par in terms of track list.

#30 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

There might be at least one game that is decent, usually there is.