[superstore - CANADA] The Orange Box - PS3 for $29.99

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:19 AM

I am not sure if this price drop is universal, or if it has been this way for a long time, but I was in Superstore today, and noticed TOB for PS3 was $29.99. Not sure what price was on 360.

Impulse told me to pick it up, but reason said GTA4 will keep me busy until I go on Holidays. I return from holidays in time for MGS4. Maybe by the time I am done MGS4 TOB will be $19.99.

The negative publicity the ps3 version got, are likely the reason for this. But at $30, I don't think I would complain about the odd frame rate hit during loading.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#2 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

It's been $15 at most Targets for several weeks.

I had one issue with the framerate dropping horrendously. The only way I could fix it was to quit the game and go back in. Otherwise, all of the games have worked great! I wasn't a big fan of Half Life 2, but Portal was beyond awesome.

#3 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Why the hell was this moved. This is a deal, so it should be in the deals forums for one. For two, it is a Canadian deal.

Just delete it, if it is going to be here.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.