anyone else missing AoC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

I have no real interest in WoW. But for some reason, I am really intrigued by Age of Conan. I think the idea of integrating the single player missions into an mmo would be great.

Too bad the PS3 version got canned. I wonder what the chances are that they will resurrect it now that the PS3 has more momentum.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#2 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

I was just checking Gamestop.com and Conan Hyborian adventures for 360 is no longer their, has it been canceled?
Posted Image

#3 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

There's two Conan games. One is the a god of war clone that's single player, the other is the MMO Age of Conan. I don't recall ever hearing that Age of Conan was coming to the PS3 or 360.

#4 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

There's two Conan games. One is the a god of war clone that's single player, the other is the MMO Age of Conan. I don't recall ever hearing that Age of Conan was coming to the PS3 or 360.

It was touted as being for PC/360...but I havent heard anything of the 360 version recently.

#5 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

The game probably has to go through the MS/360 approval process to be allowed to release on the 360. They likely have to get some other infrastructure up for the game as well.

I don't think there'll be a Sony version of this unless Sony reaches out to the developer and helps support a PS3 port, due to XNA it's much easier to port PC stuff to the 360. Then again SOE is working with the PS3 division to bring over more MMOs, not sure if they want the competition, even if it is from a popular MMO.