CAGcast #120: Pee Pointers

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

This week, we review Penny Arcade Adventures (360) and Singstar (PS3), discuss the E3 invitation process, gaming PR, new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Review us on iTunes!
Catch CheapyD Monday Evenings on ScrewAttack's Hard News

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast120.mp3Download - 110 minutes, 44MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture:
Posted Image

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

#2 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:49 AM

First?

Posted Image

#3 Brendan duggan

Brendan duggan

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

yaaaaay yaaaaaay cags on news
Posted Image

GT : Bdugz24769

#4 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

In before sleep!

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:11 AM

Cheapy looks high in that picture. Did he have any brownies before taking that pic?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:13 AM

Cheapy looks high in that picture. Did he have any brownies before taking that pic?

Those days are long behind me.

#7 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:16 AM

Those days are long behind me.

Then it must not be a very good game. Your face looks dazed and disgusted.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#8 porieux

porieux

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:17 AM

'Isn't that called Rock Band' made me LOL.

Cheapy, never say never!

#9 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:29 AM

Why is CheapyD surprised that the publishers control E3? The publishers pretty much control the media more than any other type of entertainment I can think of because the press needs early review copies, access to previews, access to interview, advertisments, etc. TV and movies will pretty much blow anyone with a camera, a mic and a time slot at anytime. I've never heard of Warner Bros. telling a respected critic to Fuck off because they gave Shriek three 1 star. The worst they do is not show the movie to all critics before the opening weekend.

P.S. Great show, haven't laughed that hard during a CAGcast in awhile.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#10 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

That Tai picture is all sorts of awesome, gonna listen to the CAGcast before I go to sleep.

godlyone.gif

#11 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

Like father like son. And yes Cheapy does look High.
Posted Image

#12 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:07 AM

You haven't seen the video from a previous press conference about being able to take pics with your cell phone and send the pic to your apartment in Home? Phil Harrison took a pic of the crowd and it showed up in the game a few seconds later? It may not be in the first edition of Home, but it's one of the things they've got it in the works.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#13 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:07 AM

on the customer service thing,
I had been in china for about 3 weeks and on a lark decided to go to mcdonalds. everything went just as it would here, but when i got up to throw out my garbage, one of the workers came and grabbed the tray out of my hand and threw it out for me. I was surprised.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#14 _Sin_

_Sin_

EAT A BAGLE, LIKE A BOSS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:29 AM

Wont be so bored at work now, SWOOT!
Posted Image
:whee:

#15 Phryo88

Phryo88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

As I have said before I am a Circuit City employee, and I worked in the games section for a long time. It took a very long time to explain to your average person the differences between all the 360 versions. And even some regular gamers needed a bit of info.

#16 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

and....there's the gaybot joke. Cheapy has officially made this one the most offensive CAGcast of all time. Wow. I thought about turning it off at the urinal part, but I thought it'd go up from there, but it obviously went the other way.

I really think Cheapy has a checklist of offensive jokes he needs to cover. If he misses one, it must sadden him greatly.

Seriously, funny as hell.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#17 vampireblood

vampireblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

Great show so far. Listening to it right now!

#18 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

Ohh sweet new CAGcast

listening in!

1xz7eo.gif

#19 Phryo88

Phryo88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Yeah the urinal game has been in dev for a good 3 or 4 years now. They were testing with hand help water guns that are similar to the 2 handed box-gun things they have at carnivals. But id love to see this in production at like a dave and busters where alot of urinal action would be present.

#20 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

woot

#21 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

I've found Penny Arcade Adventures to be funny, not really laughs throughout, but there are funny situations, dialog, and characters, too. While the initial story isn't carried through the entire game, it does show back up at the end when they show the preview for the next episode along with the hint to what it's about, which has me very interested in what they do for the second episode.

The thing I like about Singstar's interface is that you can hop around quickly with the press of the start button, say from the SingStore directly to the game modes and then back to the My SingStar Online community and then check your PSN friends list from there, too. It's a very well-designed game.

Good show. Far less controversial and full of "facts" than previous episodes, at least from what I caught. It's good to see that you gave the SModcast another shot, Wombat.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#22 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Good show so far. Ya, I used to work at a supermarket in high school and the first year of college, so I'm about 4 years out of that position.

And yes, I did go on competitions for being so fast, and I won a few 100 dollars the last month I worked for them at a national competition, but that was only because my store was bought out about 3 months before I left and added the new competitions for speed and accuracy on the register.

I did not get to go on Supermarket Sweep, though I did spend a lot of time talking to customers about the show, and how I thought their cashiers had the easiest job in the world (they check out one person every day).
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#23 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image
I was froze today!

#24 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

Cheapy, i worked as a freelance web designer and that guy cannot ask you for the remaining balance if he didn't finish the project. that's what a deposit is for. he should be lucky that he got some money from it cuz i've done a few projects where i did mock-ups for free. btw, did you work under some written contract? cuz if the deal is done under a verbal agreement, then i'm not sure he can sue you for the remaining balance.

if you ever need another freelance designer or artist, hit me up. ^_^

Wombat, as for the Warlords discussion, i bought the CoD4 maps just to play with you and the other CAGs. i don't think i would've gotten them if it weren't for you bastards :P
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#25 swerv

swerv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

Bonus Picture:
Posted Image

"I can beat this fool without even looking"

Good show guys, thanks for the extra stimulus during my gaming sessions.

#26 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Sounds like Penny Arcade Sucks

CheapyD, Are you getting Metal Gear Solid 4 on Release Date sounds like you're not really a big fan of the series

#27 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

cheapy and wombat mentioned the PA game not making them laugh out loud. i'd just like to point out that i don't think i've busted a gut while playing the game, but it does have good chuckle moments and plenty of moments where you laugh inside. I think cheapy is on point with the price point though. I don't regret my $20 purchase, but it probably really should be between 10 to 15. When the next episode is released at $20 i will hesitate to buy it unless i hear that it is much greater than the first episode. What the Arcade needs is Sam and Max!
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#28 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

The CAG cast is great and so are the Shipwrecks, but what other podcast are good to listen. i like the giant bomb cast, 1 up, invisible walls, and maybe 1 or 2 more that i can't recall now, but are there any others that ya'll listen?
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#29 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

The CAG cast is great and so are the Shipwrecks, but what other podcast are good to listen. i like the giant bomb cast, 1 up, invisible walls, and maybe 1 or 2 more that i can't recall now, but are there any others that ya'll listen?

i listen to over 15 gaming podcasts alone. keeps me pretty much updated on everything in the gaming world and helps me get through the work week, lol...
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#30 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

woo hoo! still listening to the show, but huzzah I won something!