CAGcast #121: The QAGcast

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:40 AM

Cheapy and Wombat sound off on Metal Gear Solid 4 review restrictions, PS3's Qore, new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Review us on iTunes!
Catch CheapyD Monday Evenings on ScrewAttack's Hard News

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast121.mp3Download - 95 minutes, 38MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture (Deep Fried Ham Sandwich):
Posted Image

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

#2 Brendan duggan

Brendan duggan

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

ya i dedicate my selcve to theese casts , iam addicted wanna fight about it
Posted Image

GT : Bdugz24769

#3 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

Nothing like Early Friday Morning Cagcasts, and a double heaping of Wombat within eight hours. Listening right now....

Chocolate Cotton Candy.......interesting.

#4 weevles

weevles

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:52 AM

Awesome! I was just to ask you guys about Qore too!

Also, that sammich make me hungry. I gonna eat some dinnah den go listen me sum CAGcast!

#5 Majora2010

Majora2010

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

Too much Wombat within a 24-hour time frame.

#6 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:28 AM

Wombat was in Boston and I wasn't informed? God damn.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#7 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

sweet :)
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#8 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:40 AM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:That Deep Fried Ham Sandwich looks soooo good:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Posted Image

#9 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:49 AM

i was just about to go to sleep..
now i gotta listen to this new cagcast!!!

THX!

#10 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:19 AM

holy crap i am on the first page of the comments

#11 udabenshen

udabenshen

Almost Revolutionary...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

Shalom my jew brothas,

Great show. About Rick Perry, yeah, he's crazy. I'm a texan, and seriously, he's awful, totally in bed with the insurance companies and the religious right. He's even worse than our old governor. Yeah that governor. I won't go on a political rant, but yeah, im disapointed he was even considered for the e3 keynote.

Also, I want to be the asshole who corrects wombat, but he's pretty much half right. the only thing is that the puritans weren't the first folks here, obviously, and the founding fathers were a religiously diverse group. Jefferson would be considered a godless commie in todays standards (he owned a Koran!!!!) and Adams, along with others, were deists. So yeah, the question of religious in America is kind of complicated.

yeah.

"I'm David Abrams from Cheapassgamer and a Jew... See you in hell governor!"

#12 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

Frisky Tanuki's long list of questions was quite funny as well as Simon D I's
Good lord Cheapy, A shot of Love is awful.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#13 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Awesome episode

man anyone else picture thornbahn3 AS the meatball?

heh...damn thought itd get a shoutout :D

1xz7eo.gif

#14 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

well cheapy i would yell at you for watching a shot at love but i as watching it before work the other day and found it to be quite funny.but now back on track good show this week even with wombat jr. just around the corner wombat seemed into recording the show.awsome 10/10 guys.

#15 smurfbob

smurfbob

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

Shalom my jew brothas,

Also, I want to be the asshole who corrects wombat, but he's pretty much half right. the only thing is that the puritans weren't the first folks here, obviously, and the founding fathers were a religiously diverse group. Jefferson would be considered a godless commie in todays standards (he owned a Koran!!!!) and Adams, along with others, were deists. So yeah, the question of religious in America is kind of complicated.

governor!"

thanks man, i herd wombat in the podcast and had to come strait here to correct him... and i would like to add that the founding fathers were not actually christian in the way we think of christian, i dont remember what they were called ( it has been 2 years since i took history) but my professor described them as believing we were like a pin ball and god just pulled the little knob thingy but what ever happened after that was man's doing.... and also the pilgrims did come to america for religious freedom but not "more religion"..... there was plenty of religion in england..... but pilgrims were a part of a bigger group called Calvinist including pilgrims, puritans, and presbetarians.
puritans wanted to purify the church of england... failed and left for the netherlands (this is why they are called the pennsylvania dutch) then settled in mass. and mygrated down to penn. and rhode island, pilgrams landed in the south and really did not do much beside b**** slap the american indians, and never learned about Presbyterians( except my whole family is presbetarian)

^my governor sucks^
Posted Image

#16 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

:lol: I loved Wombat calling Cheapy a dick for not looking forward to Lego Indiana Jones.

About Metal Gear Online: There is a Starter Pack that's included with MGS4, which includes five maps and a bunch of modes and other content. Kojima Productions plans to do expansion packs for it to add new maps, modes, and such. There's the possibility that they take all the DLC and the starter pack and release it all as a full package, but they've not made any announcements about that.

I think one of the things you're missing about Qore is that Future Publishing (makers of the PlayStation: The Official Magazine) is in charge of it and they employ Veronica Belmont. It has a chance of going either, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

The thing about PS Blog comments is that there are a ton of people that will shit over everything, even post their complains in posts that has nothing to do with them, and they even try to hastily set up boycotts (in that they wouldn't buy any paid content, but still download the free stuff) in anger over the late PS Update.

Gears of War II a girlfriend-friendly game? I'm interested in how they pull it off.

Cheapy, you liked the Nintendo Press Conference because you were in their press video montage.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#17 Ragekod

Ragekod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

I'm looking at CAG through by iPod right now and just noticed the new episode was up, thankfully my iPod uploaded this episode while it was charging. I haven't listened to the show yet but cheapy are you planning on getting the iPhone since its finally coming to japan?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Awesome episode

man anyone else picture thornbahn3 AS the meatball?

Actually I look more like the figure in black in my sig.

I'm looking at CAG through by iPod right now and just noticed the new episode was up, thankfully my iPod uploaded this episode while it was charging. I haven't listened to the show yet but cheapy are you planning on getting the iPhone since its finally coming to japan?

When you listen to the Cagcast, you'll know just how funny this post is.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#19 dsingh2007

dsingh2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. :bomb:

Wombat is 100% correct when he was talking about the Puritans. The Puritans were basically crazy religious nutjobs who hated the Church of England and believed that European Christians were going to hell becuase they were evil and corrupt.

Sadly this Puritan God centered politico-social dynamic still exists in American Society.

I am an Atheist and I believe many of the Christian-right are hypocrites. Many of them choose to denounce homosexuality and abortions becuase of the Bible yet they leave many other inconvenient parts of the Bible out. Here's a entertaining clip about this you should watch:

To udabenshen, what is your problem with people who posses Korans and why the hell (ha ha) do you think "Jefferson would be considered a godless commie"?
Stay in school and try to open your mind.

AND great Cagcast as usual. Everyone should try out the awesome new Civilization Revolutions demo that came out on the Xbox 360 yesterday.

#20 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Wombat, where is this chocolate place? I must know.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#21 Froogin

Froogin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Cheapy, you and Wombat seem in an especially good mood this episode, good job!

#22 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

To help clear it up Adam Sessler explains the Konami MGS4 stuff. The NDA seems fair considering Metal Gears history of having cool/surprising stuff but it's lame they were embarassed about load times and cut scenes.

http://kotaku.com/in...p?refId=5013306
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

I totally agree with Cheapy's assessment of LEGO Indiana Jones, yeah it's pretty much the same game as the star wars one. So thankfully that was a rental.

#24 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

Thanks again for putting out a stellar cagcast! Two days of Wombat in a row, this is the sweet life :P

#25 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Jefferson would be considered a godless commie in todays standards (he owned a Koran!!!!)

I'd say that Jefferson was (in Dante's terms) a virtuous pagan.
Posted Image

#26 mik

mik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Qore is the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold? Uh, no. Xbox Live Gold is a $50 requirement in order to play games online. You don't have to subscribe to Qore to play games online--or get the demos, themes, and videos that were already free. The free demos are still going up on the service--check the listings for this week.

It's really the same thing Sony did with Playstation Underground on the PS2. It was a subscription to a disc-based magazine that had exclusive content, demos, betas, etc. It was pretty sweet--I got into the SOCOM beta and scored a free network adapter as a result of the program.

Also--Veronica Belmont.

(oh, and I think Wombat meant that Major Nelson was on the "iFanboy" podcast, not "The Fanboys"--we wouldn't have him ;) )

#27 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

Qore is the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold? Uh, no. Xbox Live Gold is a $50 requirement in order to play games online. You don't have to subscribe to Qore to play games online--or get the demos, themes, and videos that were already free. The free demos are still going up on the service--check the listings for this week.

It's really the same thing Sony did with Playstation Underground on the PS2. It was a subscription to a disc-based magazine that had exclusive content, demos, betas, etc. It was pretty sweet--I got into the SOCOM beta and scored a free network adapter as a result of the program.

Also--Veronica Belmont.

(oh, and I think Wombat meant that Major Nelson was on the "iFanboy" podcast, not "The Fanboys"--we wouldn't have him ;) )

Actually it was niether it was Fanboy Radio, sorry for the confusion

#28 nadsofed

nadsofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

If UGO wants to be a major player in the internets it needs to learn to support firefox.

#29 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Also--Veronica Belmont.

Definantely not the equivalent of Xbox Live Gold. The 360 equivalent of this would be those Inside Xbox videos. Which are free for even Silver accounts. Qore is like paying for Sony advertisements.

#30 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

On the next cagcast can Wombat spend the whole show talking about the chocolate buffet? My mouth was drooling from what I hear.
I was froze today!