Photo
- - - - -

That's not a mobile suit, it's the anime and manga thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#1 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:35 AM

Anyone else read shojo? Gentleman's Alliance is my new favorite manga.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#2 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

Naruto chapter 405 was pretty touching

#3 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:08 AM

Not really big into shojo, although I did really enjoy Honey and Clover. Nodame Cantabile was also ok but would've been better served if some of the characters weren't so annoying...the gay guy especially (not because he was gay, I have nothing against that, it's just that the character was too whiny and over the top for my liking). Loved Nodame's character, though.

#4 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

Well just finished an anime called Utawarerumono and it was very good. Much better than what I was expecting and the Blu-Ray rip was nice. I forgot why I decided to check it out though.
MGO: LiquidCake

#5 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:48 AM

Anyone else think Naruto 405 was shit?

#6 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

Man, i'm getting tired of When They Cry. 16 eps in. The series wouldn't be too bad if it were a series of chapters involving different characters. I know they introduce a few new ones each time, but when the story hits a climax and the chapter ends, its a hugely unsettling feeling seeing the new chapter start and everyone's all happy & cheery.

Its getting close to the repetitiveness of Hell Girl. But at least WTC actually shows the murder happening.

538822.png

#7 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

Not really big into shojo, although I did really enjoy Honey and Clover. Nodame Cantabile was also ok but would've been better served if some of the characters weren't so annoying...the gay guy especially (not because he was gay, I have nothing against that, it's just that the character was too whiny and over the top for my liking). Loved Nodame's character, though.

I loved Honey and Clover. It's one of my favorites. I revisited Lamune to finally watch the ending (which was great, shut up). :oops:

#8 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

Your avatar is quite appropriate as Rei is on beat. :lol::applause: And Gentleman's Alliance sounds interesting. Is it anything like Ouran High School Host Club?
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#9 tehweezner

tehweezner

Mother Leopard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

watching the second hunter x hunter ova and i'm enjoying the crisp and modern animation.

#10 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Naruto chapter 405 was pretty touching

agreed.
Spoiler

#11 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

Put that on my ipod.

#12 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

agreed.

Spoiler

That will be next chapter

#13 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

I just finished Sailor Stars a couple days ago. It felt a little sad seeing the 完 at the end since Sailor Moon was my second anime like a dozen years ago (preceeded by Voltron). I checked eBay for the manga real quick last night, and the complete set was going for $500 and it wasn't even mint. :cry:

watching the second hunter x hunter ova and i'm enjoying the crisp and modern animation.

I loved Hunter x Hunter TV. Never watched the OAVs because I decided to switch over to the manga. Once I start my assistantship in the fall, I'm going to start start buying the manga again and catch up.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#14 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:09 AM

I just finished Sailor Stars a couple days ago. It felt a little sad seeing the 完 at the end since Sailor Moon was my second anime like a dozen years ago (preceeded by Voltron). I checked eBay for the manga real quick last night, and the complete set was going for $500 and it wasn't even mint. :cry:

I loved Hunter x Hunter TV. Never watched the OAVs because I decided to switch over to the manga. Once I start my assistantship in the fall, I'm going to start start buying the manga again and catch up.

Yeah well that stuff aimed at little girls ( And crossdressing con goers) really shoot up in value after awhile, i'm still shocked at how much CardCaptor Sakura goes for now.

#15 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:25 AM

Yeah well that stuff aimed at little girls ( And crossdressing con goers) really shoot up in value after awhile, i'm still shocked at how much CardCaptor Sakura goes for now.

I am in neither of those two categories. CCS doesn't seem to be going for that much (aside for one listing for a "first pressing" with a BIN price for $750). The few singles I see are only going for $15-ish.

Maybe I should try to unload my first pressing DVDs for $600. :roll:
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#16 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:33 AM

I hadn't watched any anime in 3 years until a couple weeks ago (Fullmetal Alchemist was just finishing up when I moved from Louisiana, that had been my last anime until 2 weeks ago). I started with Code Geass, which was pretty good. Now I'm trying Naruto Shippuuden, on ep 32 and it sucks. NOTHING happens. It's soooo slow. And really predictable. You can see what's going to happen 3 or 4 episodes in advance. I often just scroll through an entire episode in 2-3 minutes, and can understand every single thing that happened.

I need something faster paced... and smarter.

#17 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

I hadn't watched any anime in 3 years until a couple weeks ago (Fullmetal Alchemist was just finishing up when I moved from Louisiana, that had been my last anime until 2 weeks ago). I started with Code Geass, which was pretty good. Now I'm trying Naruto Shippuuden, on ep 32 and it sucks. NOTHING happens. It's soooo slow. And really predictable. You can see what's going to happen 3 or 4 episodes in advance. I often just scroll through an entire episode in 2-3 minutes, and can understand every single thing that happened.

If you like Code Geass, you may want to give Death Note a try. The first 2/3 of the Death Note anime was great, the final 1/3 was awful imho, and I've heard the manga also started to fall apart right around that point. Something happens to a certain major character, and the show just loses its intrigue and suspense.

And for those who enjoyed Hunter X Hunter, *applauds*. One of the most underrated anime series that I have ever seen. I'm happy at least the manga was licensed in the US.

#18 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

Shippuden anime is really bad IMHO. They slow it down even more (naruto is slow enough in its manga form) so that they dont have to end up doing filler sooner.
Its in filler now I think, not sure because Ive stopped watching.

Code Geass season 2 is airing now.

#19 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:57 AM

I wish I would have bought SM/CCS when they were being produced.
Now that I want them, I can't seem to find them anymore :/

#20 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:09 AM

Monster is about as smart as it gets, if you haven't seen it yet.
Posted Image

#21 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:51 AM

I'm watching Bottle Fairy right now. I got it for super cheap during Rightstuf's Geneon sale. It's too cute!

#22 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:03 AM

Naruto is in filler right now.

#23 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

I watched Wicked City last night. Not quite as good as Legend of the Crystal Triangle, but it was definitely worth a few laughs.

I'm having trouble finding the live action version of WC. A person having sex with a pinball machine makes it sound like its a must see.

538822.png

#24 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm watching Bottle Fairy right now. I got it for super cheap during Rightstuf's Geneon sale. It's too cute!

I'm always one for cuteness, but I sold this off after watching the second episode (and they're short episodes, too). I just couldn't take it.
An example of an excellent cute show is Strawberry Marshmallow :D

#25 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Watching Scrapped Princess now...so far, so good.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#26 karsh

karsh

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

Well, faster paced would DEFINITELY be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. And I'd say it's definitely smarter than Shippuuden, mostly in the giant metaphors that are going on in the background.

Posted Image

#27 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:34 PM

I got bored with Lagann...I would not call it smarter.

I'd say Code Geass or Death Note are much better choices for "smart" anime.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#28 karsh

karsh

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

I got bored with Lagann...I would not call it smarter.

I'd say Code Geass or Death Note are much better choices for "smart" anime.

I was saying it's smarter than Shippuuden. An anime that's five hours of staring at a dog's ass is smarter than Shippuuden.

Posted Image

#29 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

I was saying it's smarter than Shippuuden. An anime that's five hours of staring at a dog's ass is smarter than Shippuuden.

So true.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#30 tehweezner

tehweezner

Mother Leopard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

Watching Scrapped Princess now...so far, so good.

my favorite show, hope you enjoy it