• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

Ships June 27, 2008
Uuse coupon code CAG1SHIP for free 1st class shipping.
http://www.gamequest...2248906119.html

Edited by CheapyD, 03 July 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#2 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

Nice! Thanks cheapy!

Will the coupon work for other games?

#3 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

Yes, the coupon code is for any game.

#4 tsa4lyfe

tsa4lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:50 AM

thx alot ive been wanting this game for a while!

#5 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

I would be tempted to buy this, but the last game I got from GQD (Ar Tonelico) I was very disappointed to see they put on GameQuestDirect stickers on the back of the packaging which essentially ruined it for me (I was hoping to keep it factory sealed). Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.

Consider one Goomba weary of ordering from GQD despite their nice selection of harder to find titles.

#6 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:02 AM

This is out of print? I saw one at Gamestop just a few days ago.

#7 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:05 AM

I would be tempted to buy this, but the last game I got from GQD (Ar Tonelico) I was very disappointed to see they put on GameQuestDirect stickers on the back of the packaging which essentially ruined it for me (I was hoping to keep it factory sealed). Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.

Consider one Goomba weary of ordering from GQD despite their nice selection of harder to find titles.

It's hardly their fault if you're buying games that you don't even intend on playing. Buying a game just to have on a shelf still in its shrinkwrap is just like all the other sad toys out there that never escaped their packaging.

#8 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:06 AM

I've had one game never delivered to me. Panzer DRagoon orta from GQD. lost 20$ because they told me the shipping method i chose didn't have insurance. it was my first and last time i ordered from GQD

#9 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

Vegan, you can say it's not their fault but why put on a sticker for an expired coupon? Sort of defeats the purpose. Plus, these games aren't exactly hard to find used or opened most of the time. Part of the niceness of their site is getting sealed copies of harder to find NEW games.

I'm just letting the word out for those collectors like me who may not know about this sticker issue.

#10 Psygnosis

Psygnosis

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

Vegan, you can say it's not their fault but why put on a sticker for an expired coupon? Sort of defeats the purpose. Plus, these games aren't exactly hard to find used or opened most of the time. Part of the niceness of their site is getting sealed copies of harder to find NEW games.

I'm just letting the word out for those collectors like me who may not know about this sticker issue.

But it's a reprint, isn't that like just a step up from a GH version?

#11 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:32 AM

C'mon people, we are buying games to enjoy it, not to save it and hoping it will turn into a gem some day.

#12 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:45 AM

C'mon people, we are buying games to enjoy it, not to save it and hoping it will turn into a gem some day.

And a lot of games are based off of collecting. Why would reality be any different for some people?

#13 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

The GQD sticker can be peeled off quite easily. A little of Goo Gone would remove any stubborn residual.

It isn't like those Circuit City square price stickers (checkpoint device), which are almost impossible to remove.

#14 HockeyDOg3133

HockeyDOg3133

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

........I ordered 20 copies of that game [you all know...to have extras just in case one brakes] and not one had that sticker inside the plastic. Everyone of them was on the outside. I easily pulled them all off.

#15 jeremywoods

jeremywoods

ITS NOT LUPUS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

how is this game stand alone? ive never played any of the other ones :/

Posted Image

currently consuming my life:

• :ds: yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia
  • :ps3: nba2k11

#16 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

how is this game stand alone? ive never played any of the other ones :/

VP Lenneth is a remake/port of the original Valkyrie Profile for Playstation. So it stands alone pretty well :)

VP2 Silmeria (PS2) is the sequel.

#17 chosen1s

chosen1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

I have to agree with doodofdoods,

That may be why you buy them, some buy as gifts, others buy to collect. The majority of people likely do buy strictly to play, but if you can please both groups why not?

Nothing wrong with collectors being disappointed and letting other collectors know they might want to be wary of purchasing - that just leaves more out there for you and your friends who just want to "enjoy" them anyway, right?
Fear breeds Hesitation;
Hesitation will make your worst fears come true.

#18 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

I was about to hit confirm order... and then realized that I probably won't ever have the time to play through a 25 hour RPG on a handheld. Pass for this CAG
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#19 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

But it's a reprint, isn't that like just a step up from a GH version?

I see people say the "Eeww, it's a reprint" thing all the time and I don't get it. How's it different from the "first" release? Unless it's a blatant change in the packaging (like GH), contents, wording, etc., what's different about it?

#20 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

Why can't they reprint the PS1 VP :(.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#21 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

I have yet to find another PSP game as good or even close to Jean D Arc. I am heading off to Gamerankings now to see what this one is about... (yes I missed it on the PS1).
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#22 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

I have yet to find another PSP game as good or even close to Jean D Arc. I am heading off to Gamerankings now to see what this one is about... (yes I missed it on the PS1).

Jean D Arc was such a great game. I got stuck at the end because the final battles were so hard , but I loved the story and the different characters. Best game I ever played on the PSP...

#23 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

I didn't realise the game was particulalrly rare, I picked up the European version for $20 a few weeks ago.

Haven't played it yet.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#24 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

If a site I'm more familiar with gets the reprint, I'll consider ordering it.

#25 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Why can't they reprint the PS1 VP :(.

Lenneth is the PS1 VP game, ported to PSP.

FTR, those GQD coupon stickers are put on top of the shrinkwrap; the games they sell are still completely new and factory sealed, and the sticker can just be peeled off if you don't want it. And I think the coupon code will still work, despite the 2005 expiry date.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#26 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

thanks Cheapy, i almost got this on ebay for more. now i can get the reprint :D
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#27 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

I hated GQD now. I had 3 sealed copies and waited till it getting super RARE & SOLD It. Oh well .....thing happened :(
"Evil is Funs"

#28 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

btw guys, where do i put in the free shipping code? i don't see it in checkout...
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#29 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

First Class, not Ground shipping. Could just put the code in, get the weird "error" message saying you have to pick a shipping first, select first class and double check to make sure the shipping = 0.

#30 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

First Class, not Ground shipping. Could just put the code in, get the weird "error" message saying you have to pick a shipping first, select first class and double check to make sure the shipping = 0.

hmm, might be my browser at work. i dont even see the box to put in a code. guess i'll do it at home.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter