77 replies to this topic

#1 NateNinja

NateNinja

Pound it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:25 AM

6/29-7/1
Taken from SD, thanks chemdude!

"Just received Meijer's ad for sale starting tomorrow and MGS4 is pictured for $39.99. They also have a $5 off coupon in the ad for use on any general merchandise $24.97 and up from June 29-July 1 to make it $34.99! Posted Image

The coupons are available at the front of the store. For those who don't know, Meijer is a super Walmart-type store in OH, IN, IL, KY, MI."

#2 dfo

dfo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

Hell of a deal. Too bad they don't have locations outside the midwest!

#3 SpitFire158

SpitFire158

Gears 2 = awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

Meijer's needs to expand to the southeast :)

#4 galeon

galeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

I remember living in michigan and they always had great deals on everything. They really should think about moving south.

#5 NateNinja

NateNinja

Pound it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:41 AM

Does anyone know the trade in value at gamestop?

Edit: bah, it's only $30. I dunno if I should get it. Are there any metal gear first timers who enjoy the game?

#6 Bubbakja

Bubbakja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

I played MGS1, but got burned out on Raiden in 2. I rented MGS4 cause I had a coupon and was enjoying it w/ the knowledge I had. However I only got through the middle east zone and my buddy said that I will get a lot more out of the game if I finished 2 and 3.

Bottom Line...You can probably enjoy the game w/ having just basic knowledge, but you won't get the true value out of the story.

#7 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:10 AM

Yep, got this ad today, so i can confirm this. I got a $3 off general merchandise coupon when I bought Nights the other day, so maybe I can use both coupons and get this for close to 50% off.

Edit: Yep, just checked both coupons and they should work together as the $5 is off one item and the $3 if off the total order. Nice.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#8 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hella good deal on a hella good game. I already have it and don't have any Meijers.
Posted Image

#9 Akridsky

Akridsky

Old and Tired

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

Just a heads up. It's on SD now. Get there early!

#10 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

Damn this is a great deal. I would totally have gotten this if I didn't already have the LE. I got the coupons in the mail yesterday, too.

#11 backwards_compatible

backwards_compatible

what is this i dont even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

Just a heads up. It's on SD now. Get there early!

The OP said he took this from Slickdeals. ;)

Hmm...I may get this even though I still need to play through MGS1-3 and PO, and was planning on waiting for the inevitable, expanded rerelease.

#12 acecombat

acecombat

King of the Skies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

Damn this is such a good deal...too bad there isn't a Meijer where i live.
Posted Image

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector... The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

#13 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

Would anyone with the coupon be willing to pick me up a copy? You don't need to go out of your way to pick it up, but if you are stopping by anyways, why not? :D

#14 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

This and Nights for $2.99 make me want a Meijers near me really bad.

#15 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

Just got back with my copy. They had to adjust the price down to the $39.99 because it was still ringing up at $59.99. Plus the computers weren't recognizing the $5 off coupon either. Maybe they'll have everything updated in their systems when everybody else gets out there.

But I got out the door for $32.99 + tax with my extra $3 off coupon. Nice deal.

Also, they had the Xbox 360 version of Hellboy: The Science of Evil for $29.99 and it rang up that way in their computers. The PS3 version was $59.99. I'll make a separate topic for Hellboy though.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#16 nyman

nyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:58 AM

Sunday ads don't start til 6 am for Meijer I think, so technically this deal isn't live yet.

#17 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Meijer's needs to expand to the southeast :)

And to the Northeast as well. I don't know how many times I've seen a Meijer's deal like this posted on CAG, one that I'd jump on in a second, and gotten all psyched only to remember a few seconds later "Oh yeah, only in the Midwest." :bomb:
Posted Image

#18 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

It's hard for a family owned company to expand like that. If they were a public company, then they would have the funds to expand more easily. It's not helping that the new areas that Meijer has moved in to aren't doing too well. A prime example is the suburbs of Chicago where they opened a few new stores but are having trouble fighting off Walmart.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#19 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:41 AM

trade in value with edge card on release date was 38 with edge card. I know because I did it to pay off my le from the mgs4 bundle I got from the walmart deal.

#20 Gainer

Gainer

Cheapening it up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

Just got back, game-in-hand. Their computers are not showing the $39.99 price, so I am thinking its a misprint on their ad. If you plan to pick this up for $35, you prolly ought to be getting out there soonish. (Yea! for my second purchased PS3 games since I bought the PS3 about 1.5 years ago.....)

#21 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

Wow, what a deal. I'd hit it.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#22 NateNinja

NateNinja

Pound it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Crud, I just looked through all my local meijer ads online and there is no metal gear. I looked at an Ohio ad and they do have metal gear. This sucks.

#23 VerbalKint

VerbalKint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

Deal is dead my way. Both Meijers have a sign up saying it was marked wrong and they are sorry for any confusion. Still picked up Battlefield Bad Company with the $10 off coupon. Maybe bringing the ad into best buy or circuit city would get a price match though
"A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpies. "

My Collection!
http://gametz.com/?x...ion&table=Games

#24 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

It's still worth picking up for $60.

...or $50 if anyone wants my extra copy. ;)
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#25 lucid734

lucid734

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

Heya~

Frsh out the door from the Westland store, rings up at $39.99 and the $5 coupon worked GREAT! Thanks for the headsup guys!
Peace

#26 Mayster Chief

Mayster Chief

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I just got one for $39.99 plus $5 off with the coupon, but it rang up as $59.99. I showed the cashier the ad and they gave me the sale price.

They also have $10 off any purchase of $49.99 or more, so I picked up another game as well.

Lucky for me.

#27 SScorpio

SScorpio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

I just got back from the Canton Meijers. It rang up at $59.99; however, a friendly employee working there was helpful and added a $20 M. Coupon (so Meijer's or Manufactors?) and I got it for $37.09 after tax.

#28 movieman2742

movieman2742

#1 CAG in Whitehall, OH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

Does anyone know the trade in value at gamestop?

Edit: bah, it's only $30. I dunno if I should get it. Are there any metal gear first timers who enjoy the game?

I did! I experienced the first one a little, but never finished it or played the others! Personally, it is my favorite game of the year so far! I've started playing MGS 3 (its a prequel to the other two) and will play the others as well!
http://l4d-fr.com/ac...gn&c=u&e=15&f=2

Sir Mr Bubbles Xbox Live
Sir_Mr_Bubbles Playstation Network

sir_mr_bubbles ebay id name
http://stores.ebay.c...ameZL2222QQtZkm

#29 crazynater

crazynater

It's good to be the king!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

Well I got back from Meijer and it rang up for $59.99, but showed the cashier the ad. He said that he couldn't tell if the ad was the same thing as what I wanted to purchase (kinda funny, since the cover is basically a giant face). But he did eventually correct the price and did let me use the coupon. I probably won't be buying another PS3 game for a while, so I'm glad I got this one cheap.
Things I have thanks to CAG...
FREE - 30gb Black iPod from Paypal

2008 Movie Spending Tab
2008 Video Game Spending Tab
My Tradelist
My eBay Auctions
My Game Collection
My Movie Collection

#30 Praetorb

Praetorb

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

just picked up a copy at the Ann Arbor Carpenter Meijer. Marked 59.99, but all the sales associates knew it was 39.99 in the flyer and gave me the discount. 37 after tax and coupon