Diablo 2 Battle Chest

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

Where can I find a Diablo 2 battle chest for around 20$. Or anything lower than 30$.
Preferably B&M
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas

#2 Majora2010

Majora2010

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

EB Gamestop.

http://www.ebgames.c...roduct_id=17294

According to the weekly ad you can take 10 dollars off that price at a storefront. Go get 'em.

#3 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

Awesome thanks, still thinking if I should get it or not though, because I already have it, but the discs are scattered. I just wanted to have a plan to fall back on.

#4 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

I was thinking about picking this up since diablo 3 got announced, I played it back in the day.
I don't remember much, but was the single player pretty lengthy. I didn't like the online, since it was just about the loot. But it was free to play online so what the hell. Do you think they'll charge a la wow? either way, I may try and find this used somewhere...

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

Diablo II no longer requires discs to play with the newest patch. If you can find the play disc you can copy a couple of files onto your hard drive and you'll never need the disc again.

#6 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

Diablo II no longer requires discs to play with the newest patch. If you can find the play disc you can copy a couple of files onto your hard drive and you'll never need the disc again.

hmm, my gamestop ahs alot of old pc games used, I'll see if I can jsut pick up the play disc liek you say and try it out, too bad my pc wont be able to handle diablo 3...

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#7 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

I installed Diablo 2 yesterday...just got done playing for about an hour. I highly recommend installing the expansion, item drops are much better.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#8 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

hmm, my gamestop ahs alot of old pc games used, I'll see if I can jsut pick up the play disc liek you say and try it out, too bad my pc wont be able to handle diablo 3...

No you need the install disc =P
I am so tempted to buy it.

#9 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

I say just buy it. Diablo 2 is awesome, and you get a lot of stuff in that Battle Chest for $20 (not just the game and the expansion, but also strategy guides and a copy of the original Diablo).

I would have probably bought that as well had I not managed to pick up a copy of Diablo 2 for a dollar at a garage sale and then LoD for $10 at the Game Days sale.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#10 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

Well, I have bought the full battle chest before, but just lost everything except for the startegy guide which is in horrible condition.

#11 demonchin

demonchin

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

to play lod online do i need to buy both d2 and lod or just lod?

#12 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

You'll need both.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#13 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Is the battlechest editions pc/mac hybrid?

#14 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

No you need the install disc =P
I am so tempted to buy it.

I think his point was that you only need the CDKey, then you can download the game and not need the CDs at all.

#15 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

So, with the weekly ad, would the final price be $19.99 or $29.99?
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#16 jlseal

jlseal

ULTIMA RATIO REGUM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

Is the battlechest editions pc/mac hybrid?

It ought to be.
Posted Image

#17 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

And if it isn't, you can register your keys at Blizzard's online store and download either version.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#18 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

So, here's a place that sells (apparently) legit CD keys for Diablo 2 and LoD (you get both) for $5.50. But, when you register for an account, the price automatically drops by 10% in your cart, coming in at under $5. Hard to do much better than that...

http://www.g2buy.com...10&productname=

Now, you only get the CD Keys and not the discs, you say. How can you install the game? Well, the Blizzard store now allows you to DOWNLOAD the installs for Diablo 2 and LoD as long as you provide a valid CD Key. I actually tried this out myself and downloaded the installs because my Diablo discs are getting a bit old and don't work very well any more. Once you get your CD keys, go to this section of the Blizzard website:

https://www.blizzard...login/login.xml

Login if you already have an account or setup a new one. Then simply go to your account, click on the "Games" button, and then "Add new game". Enter in the codes you received and you'll be able to download the Mac and PC installs whenever you want. When you actually get to installing the game, make sure you click the link under your game that you added that says "View Game Key", as, for some reason, the new installs use a new key system to install and not the original keys that came on the discs.

The only other thing to note is that, for some reason, as of Saturday, these new keys (that are generated from the website, not any relation to the keys you buy from g2, as this occurred with my original CD-based keys) only work on US-West. I'm not sure if this is related to US-East needing an upgrade or what, but if you really want to use US-East, it may not be ready yet... I'll check it out again tonight. Still, for $5, this is an outstanding deal. I bought it just to have an extra set of keys, despite owning the CDs as well.

#19 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

I think his point was that you only need the CDKey, then you can download the game and not need the CDs at all.

Nevermind maybe he was thinking that.

#20 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

So, here's a place that sells (apparently) legit CD keys for Diablo 2 and LoD (you get both) for $5.50. But, when you register for an account, the price automatically drops by 10% in your cart, coming in at under $5. Hard to do much better than that...

http://www.g2buy.com...10&productname=

Now, you only get the CD Keys and not the discs, you say. How can you install the game? Well, the Blizzard store now allows you to DOWNLOAD the installs for Diablo 2 and LoD as long as you provide a valid CD Key. I actually tried this out myself and downloaded the installs because my Diablo discs are getting a bit old and don't work very well any more. Once you get your CD keys, go to this section of the Blizzard website:

https://www.blizzard...login/login.xml

Login if you already have an account or setup a new one. Then simply go to your account, click on the "Games" button, and then "Add new game". Enter in the codes you received and you'll be able to download the Mac and PC installs whenever you want. When you actually get to installing the game, make sure you click the link under your game that you added that says "View Game Key", as, for some reason, the new installs use a new key system to install and not the original keys that came on the discs.

The only other thing to note is that, for some reason, as of Saturday, these new keys (that are generated from the website, not any relation to the keys you buy from g2, as this occurred with my original CD-based keys) only work on US-West. I'm not sure if this is related to US-East needing an upgrade or what, but if you really want to use US-East, it may not be ready yet... I'll check it out again tonight. Still, for $5, this is an outstanding deal. I bought it just to have an extra set of keys, despite owning the CDs as well.

I bet I could find the CD Keys thanks for the heads up

#21 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:52 AM

So, with the weekly ad, would the final price be $19.99 or $29.99?

Went to Gamestop and the game came out to $19.99. They didn't have the promotion in the computer so they added it in manually when I pointed out the ad.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#22 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:33 AM

Cool

#23 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Went to Gamestop and the game came out to $19.99. They didn't have the promotion in the computer so they added it in manually when I pointed out the ad.

Wait, so the Diablo Battle Chest is currently 19.99? I haven't seen anything on that... is it really in the ad?

#24 WeLoveDaisuke

WeLoveDaisuke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

It's worth noting:

"(Diablo II downloads will be made available soon)"
Posted Image

#25 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:07 PM

so wait is diablo free?

#26 WeLoveDaisuke

WeLoveDaisuke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Ok I lied, D2 is available as of Yesterday.

UPDATE YO TEXT, BLIZZARD!

I've seen nothing in the way of bad reviews of the G2 place, I snagged a key from there for a mule acct.
Posted Image

#27 muskies35

muskies35

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Was skeptical but have to admit the G2buy was a great way to get Diablo II and the expansion. I paid less than $5 and was able to download and install both without any trouble. I wanted to pick up at Gamestop for the $19 deal mentioned but none of my local GS had instock. So I figured what was a $5 chance at getting the games - thanks to the poster that found the G2 site.

#28 brizon

brizon

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

Anyone know the turnaround time from G2Buy for a key? purchased one, it says 15 minutes to 8 hours, kind of vague? anyone with experience comment on their time?

#29 demonchin

demonchin

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

is g2buy really legit?

#30 muskies35

muskies35

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

Anyone know the turnaround time from G2Buy for a key? purchased one, it says 15 minutes to 8 hours, kind of vague? anyone with experience comment on their time?

Personally, my wait was about 15 minutes, maybe just a little more. I had registered my Blizzard account and my email was there. It was a reply to the paypal payment email that was sent confirming payment was made.