Photo
- - - - -

Who here is vegetarian/vegan?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you vegetarian/vegan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I've noticed a fair number of vegans on CAG. Most gamers aren't vegan and most vegans aren't gamers so as a vegan gamer myself it's a nice surprise to see others. It got me wondering just how many vegetarians and vegans were on the site in general.

Update:
I'm happy to see so many fellow veggies on CAG so I created a CAG group for us vegetarians and vegans. If you're vegetarian or vegan and I didn't invite you send me a private message.

http://www.cheapassg....php?groupid=44

Edited by Collectordragon, 02 July 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

I'm not vegetarian, but I don't eat a lot of meat.

#3 diaps

diaps

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

i've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years now...gamer for 20

#4 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

I don't understand how (or why) you do it.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#5 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Not me. A few of my friends are vegetarians though.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

I am. But I like to eat meat every day. For fun.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#7 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

i've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years now...gamer for 20

I've been a gamer for over 21+ years, vegetarian for 12+, and vegan for nearly 8.

#8 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

I like the idea of it, but love I meat too much to give it up.
gwensigol8.png

#9 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

I hope you're not one of those types of vegans who gets on my ass for eating meat.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#10 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

I don't understand how (or why) you do it.

Easily and for me personally it's for ethical and health reasons.

#11 diaps

diaps

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

I've been a gamer for over 21+ years, vegetarian for 12+, and vegan for nearly 8.

trying to one up me?:)

#12 joe2187

joe2187

I AM THE DANGER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

Got'dang Vaginatarians!!!

I'm a carnivore.

#13 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I hope you're not one of those types of vegans who gets on my ass for eating meat.

No, I'm respectful towards everyone and ask for the same in return. It's been my experience that meat eaters are much more likely to harrass vegans than the other way around.

#14 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I couldn't be paid to be a vegetarian/vegan. There's no way I could live that life!

#15 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

It's comical when people bring this up, because I find the situation opposite to what you suggest- a meat-eater getting worked up at a vegetarian/vegan for not eating meat- much more common.

#16 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

It's comical when people bring this up, because I find the situation opposite to what you suggest- a meat-eater getting worked up at a vegetarian/vegan for not eating meat- much more common.

This is funny to me because I've always been hit up by the vegans for it. We had this one group on campus(had like, a school sponsored club), and one of the members was a friend of a person who was also a good friend of mine, and EVERY FUCKING TIME we went to dinner as a group she would just be all over my case about how unhealthy it was. It was ironic because she's one of those fat gothy girls.

I guess each group thinks the opposite.

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#17 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

Exactly! In social situations I've been harassed about not eating meat even when I was minding my own business and not saying a thing about other people's choices.

#18 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:07 PM

I don't eat red meat or pork for health reasons. My fiance is a vegetarian though so in general I eat almost no meat. Don't really miss meat at all and if I never ate it again I don't think I'd care.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#19 JohnnyFoxDarko

JohnnyFoxDarko

Yes, hello.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

Boy, it must be really difficult to be vegan, Collectordragon.

#20 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

No.

I absolutely love meat. If I learned tomorrow that I couldn't eat anymore meat, I am not sure life would be worth living...

#21 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Which is funny because I've always been hit up by the vegans for it. We had this one group on campus(had like, a school sponsored club), and one of the members was a friend of a person who was also a good friend of mine, and EVERY FUCKING TIME we went to dinner as a group she would just be all over my case about how unhealthy it was. It was ironic because she's one of those fat gothy girls.

And so you hold animosity towards an entire faction on the basis that one member (a fat goth girl, no less) of said group blasts you for your lifestyle?

#22 diaps

diaps

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Which is funny because I've always been hit up by the vegans for it. We had this one group on campus(had like, a school sponsored club), and one of the members was a friend of a person who was also a good friend of mine, and EVERY FUCKING TIME we went to dinner as a group she would just be all over my case about how unhealthy it was. It was ironic because she's one of those fat gothy girls.

yeah..i think it goes both ways. i think a lot of it has to do with maturing and getting older. when you're younger, you tend to be more idealistic and think that you can change other people's beliefs by arguing and being aggressive. at least as i get older i focus on what i personally feel is right, but am more than happy to discuss these things if people are interested. i just don't push my beliefs on other people

#23 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

This is funny to me because I've always been hit up by the vegans for it. We had this one group on campus(had like, a school sponsored club), and one of the members was a friend of a person who was also a good friend of mine, and EVERY FUCKING TIME we went to dinner as a group she would just be all over my case about how unhealthy it was. It was ironic because she's one of those fat gothy girls.

If she's such a militant vegan why was she going out to places that serve meat in the first place?

#24 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

yeah..i think it goes both ways. i think a lot of it has to do with maturing and getting older. when you're younger, you tend to be more idealistic and think that you can change other people's beliefs by arguing and being aggressive. at least as i get older i focus on what i personally feel is right, but am more than happy to discuss these things if people are interested. i just don't push my beliefs on other people

I find that approach to be the best as well. I try to lead my life by example and not by being preachy or in your face. I find those approaches to be counterproductive.

#25 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

And so you hold animosity towards an entire faction on the basis that one member (a fat goth girl, no less) of said group blasts you for your lifestyle?

There's no animosity towards people who keep it to themselves. It hasn't been just one person. There was a group of them yelling at people outside of a mongolian barbeque, another two people used to sit outside a local meat-market and try to force brochures on customers (I think the police finally stopped that), that fat bitch's friends who also went to dinner at points were just HORRIFIED that I eat very little plant material (this was when I was on a ketosis-based diet for about 4 weeks to shed bodyfat. I used to be 23+%BF), another group at the Columbus food festival, and the little guy who almost cried because he saw me wearing a leather motorcycle jacket.

I'm sure people have given you shit, but the "militant vegan" thing is a most assuredly NOT a myth.

If she's such a militant vegan why was she going out to places that serve meat in the first place?

Because I refuse(d) to go to a place that serves(ed) exclusively vegetarian dishes. It was a decent compromise, she didn't have any trouble finding anything to order, and she sure pounded down the bread.

I'm not giving anyone shit about their diet; mine's very specific and narrow for slow lean-mass gains, and I get hell for it ALL the time. I don't really get onto someone's case unless they pick at me first, so if you guys aren't trying to convert people to the point where it becomes annoying and trite then it's all good.

#26 JohnnyFoxDarko

JohnnyFoxDarko

Yes, hello.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

No.

I absolutely love meat. If I learned tomorrow that I couldn't eat anymore meat, I am not sure life would be worth living...

#-o

#27 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

the "militant vegan" thing is a most assuredly NOT a myth.

That's fine, but the OP clearly isn't one, nor is he looking to stir up any trouble. He's just looking for some folks he shares a common interest with.

Let's move along and talk about delicious vegetarian foods or meals.
gwensigol8.png

#28 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Most gamers aren't vegan and most vegans aren't gamers

Where the hell did you get this factoid from?

I'll eat anything, and oftentimes dig on veggie/vegan food.

If there's one kind of diet-based people I DESPISE, it's tater-chip-and-french-fry vegans. Motherfuckers who have no idea how to put nutritious food in their belly, yet preach how ethical their diet is.

Besides, there's beef tallow in them thar french fries, most likely.

But that's not based on their diet as much as it is based on the idiocy of their self-love coupled with a dumbass diet.
Posted Image

#29 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

There's no animosity towards people who keep it to themselves. It hasn't been just one person. There was a group of them yelling at people outside of a mongolian barbeque, another two people used to sit outside a local meat-market and try to force brochures on customers (I think the police finally stopped that), that fat bitch's friends who also went to dinner at points were just HORRIFIED that I eat very little plant material (this was when I was on a ketosis-based diet for about 4 weeks to shed bodyfat. I used to be 23+%BF), another group at the Columbus food festival, and the little guy who almost cried because he saw me wearing a leather motorcycle jacket.

I'm sure people have given you shit, but the "militant vegan" thing is a most assuredly NOT a myth.

Because I refuse(d) to go to a place that serves(ed) exclusively vegetarian dishes. It was a decent compromise, she didn't have any trouble finding anything to order, and she sure pounded down the bread.

I'm not giving anyone shit about their diet; mine's very specific and narrow for slow lean-mass gains, and I get hell for it ALL the time. I don't really get onto someone's case unless they pick at me first, so if you guys aren't trying to convert people to the point where it becomes annoying and trite then it's all good.

There are indeed militant vegans but there are militant meat-eaters as well.

As for refusing to go to an exclusively vegetarian place I recommend you give them a chance. I personally know many non-vegetarians who enjoy them.

Are you a body builder?

#30 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

Can't we sit down at the table for a meal and not break into a fight? Just once?
gwensigol8.png