Rondo of Swords (DS) $19.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 weevles

weevles

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

Or as I like to call it, "Save $10 on an ass-whuppin'":

Rondo of Swords (DS) $19.99

Edited by CheapyD, 05 July 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#2 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

wasn't this on Amazon's DOTD a few weeks ago for $17.99?

#3 DanteMayCry

DanteMayCry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

Nice..I probably will bite. Been wanting to try it out.

#4 gotrice415510

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

the hardest game on ds
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445

#5 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

wasn't this on Amazon's DOTD a few weeks ago for $17.99?

yesiree!

#6 VegasRobb

VegasRobb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

Good game, but prepare for paaain.

#7 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

You know your in trouble when you get your ass kicked on the first level MULTIPLE times!!!
Posted Image

#8 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, freaking hardest i ever played. STill good game ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#9 Romaen

Romaen

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Edit: Gah, read it wrong, nevermind. Both together are 59.98, though that was too good to be true.

<strike>Dunno if anyone else noticed this but on my screen it's got it "Buy these together and save" with The World Ends With You, total $39.99 with free shipping. Considering that's regular retail for TWEWY it doesn't get much better than that.</strike>

Edited by Romaen, 05 July 2008 - 03:45 PM.

#10 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

I'd bite if I didn't spend so much on Amazon already this week... not to mention the 25% 360 Gamestop coupon.. doh! ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#11 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

looks like a good game.. mght have to bite

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#12 darkclawsofchaos

darkclawsofchaos

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

I wonder how ever does Atlus stay afloat. I mean they always print a very small amount of copies per game and these games tend to be punishingly difficult yet one niche group is all they need? Thats amazing how they are still doing wel.

#13 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

I wonder how ever does Atlus stay afloat. I mean they always print a very small amount of copies per game and these games tend to be punishingly difficult yet one niche group is all they need? Thats amazing how they are still doing wel.

That's because they sell tons of their games in Asia.

#14 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

The small print means they wont have unsold product on the shelf. And it has nothing to do with Atlus Japan, as Atlus USA published more games than their Japanese counterpart. In fact for the last year or so Atlus USA published the more RPGs in the US than any other publisher, including Square Enix

#15 jererjerer

jererjerer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

indeed, their main genre is jrpg (or jsrpg plus any variant of the two above)-I think that says enough where they do their business, and any additional copy sold in US, effectively speaking, is that additional profit-all the other costs have been pretty much amortized during the few years between the initial release of the games and their translated counterparts

#16 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

The small print means they wont have unsold product on the shelf. And it has nothing to do with Atlus Japan, as Atlus USA published more games than their Japanese counterpart. In fact for the last year or so Atlus USA published the more RPGs in the US than any other publisher, including Square Enix

Plus their fans are their own little viral marketers so not many print ads seem to run keeping costs way down,
Posted Image

#17 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

the hardest game on ds

yesiree!

All of this is why I won't touch this with a 10 foot pole. At least not at >$5-10.

Just picked up that Level 5 Joan of Arc (can't remember the real name) for $10, so hopefully it's not impossible...

#18 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

Jeez, the game isn't that hard, it's just different.

If you go in playing it like any other SRPG, you will get your ass handed to you. You just have to adapt to some different strategies, and once you do that, the game is easily manageable, though still challenging.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

All of this is why I won't touch this with a 10 foot pole. At least not at >$5-10.

Just picked up that Level 5 Joan of Arc (can't remember the real name) for $10, so hopefully it's not impossible...

Aside from the fact that Rondo of Swords probably have a much smaller print than Jeanne D'Arc

#20 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Great game, and it's not horribly difficult once you realize you can constantly restart levels while keeping all the exp. and levels you've earned, so leveling up characters is rather easy.

#21 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

i rented it off gamefly and played it for 2 weeks before sending it back ... got up to Map 20 right before the story splits in 2 different paths and sent it back. it took me probally a good 22 hours to get to map 20..

Path A has like 35 maps and Path B has 32???

so your looking at least a good 40+ hour game... one thing that bug me was it was VERY VERY HarD then for 5-7 maps it was a cake walk then BOOM next 2 maps INSANE HARD then Once again next 3 to 4 maps cake walk and BOOM INSANE Repeat

Great game glad i got it for 13 bucks though i probally be lucky to open it by xmas

EO 2 and FFT2 DS are both sucking up all of my time and in 3 weeks NINJA 2 and FF4 comesout for the DS OUCH
WOOOO I STINK

#22 crunchberries

crunchberries

Omnomnomnomnom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hmm, I'm all for a nice solid ass whuppin, especially if it's on the DS, but I'll take the risk of it going out of stock by waiting for it to drop a bit. If I lose out, oh well, but I'm pretty sure my patience will pay off.

I've earned over $600 in Amazon GCs from Swagbucks and $200 in Amazon GCs from GiftHulk. Sign up to these sites and you can make some $$$  with me!

Currently playing: :3ds: Pokemon X | :360: Fallout 3 | :pc: Minecraft w/ Pixelmon mod installed | :pc: Binding of Isaac w/ Wrath of the Lamb DLC | :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

#23 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Aside from the fact that Rondo of Swords probably have a much smaller print than Jeanne D'Arc

Okay, but I don't really care how big a print run was in terms of whether I buy it.

Great game, and it's not horribly difficult once you realize you can constantly restart levels while keeping all the exp. and levels you've earned, so leveling up characters is rather easy.

Now that's cool!

#24 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:03 AM

Okay, but I don't really care how big a print run was in terms of whether I buy it.

Right but you are saying you will buy it with another price drop, and the low print could mean the game will not get another price drop.

#25 darkclawsofchaos

darkclawsofchaos

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

That's because they sell tons of their games in Asia.

Plus their fans are their own little viral marketers so not many print ads seem to run keeping costs way down,

indeed, their main genre is jrpg (or jsrpg plus any variant of the two above)-I think that says enough where they do their business, and any additional copy sold in US, effectively speaking, is that additional profit-all the other costs have been pretty much amortized during the few years between the initial release of the games and their translated counterparts

Ok, that explains a lot, I was really curious how they can remain in the business like that, especially with all the big studios hogging the lime light

#26 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

Jeanne D'Arc was pretty easy. Your standard SRPG there, so no worries! It had some great production value (ANIME CARTOONS!!! WOO!!!) and the story was well done, too!

But I agree with you about not touching Rondo with a 10 ft pole - I'm more casual and don't need a rough challenge in my RPGs. Plus, the game looks WAAAY overhyped, as the internet vids of it didn't really impress. Just my opinion. :roll:
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#27 BillyDKid

BillyDKid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

It definitely has a steep initial learning curve. And if you miss unlocking a few of the key characters early on, you are screwed later. But you once you get beyond that, it's a great game. A lot more to it than I thought there would be. Who'd want to play a strategy game where you didn't have to retry levels to beat it? I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes strategy games. High replay value.

#28 DanteMayCry

DanteMayCry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Jeanne D'Arc was pretty easy. Your standard SRPG there, so no worries! It had some great production value (ANIME CARTOONS!!! WOO!!!) and the story was well done, too!

But I agree with you about not touching Rondo with a 10 ft pole - I'm more casual and don't need a rough challenge in my RPGs. Plus, the game looks WAAAY overhyped, as the internet vids of it didn't really impress. Just my opinion. :roll:

It's cool that you don't want a challenge, but it is WAAAY overhyped because of a video you watched? I don't know that you can appreciate why people are hyping it up in the first place since you don't care for a game that can challenge you.

#29 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

And how exactly do you do that? I've died twice and didnt have any option of re-starting a level....if went to the game over screen and I have to re-load...
Posted Image

#30 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

Right but you are saying you will buy it with another price drop, and the low print could mean the game will not get another price drop.

Gotcha. Odds are I'll never play it then. Just saying I wouldn't unless it was cheap enough (no way I'd consider it for over $10).

Sounds great! Easy and high production values makes me happy :)