#1 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

FINALLY, a PS3 price drop. ;)

http://www.amazon.co...x/dp/B000PE0HBI

Posted Image

Edited by Capitalizt, 09 July 2008 - 10:55 PM.

#2 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

Argh so tempting.....I may pass on this for now but a good deal for the amount of gaming you can get.

#3 fatez

fatez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

to think, i almost settled for a used copy around that price. thanks! :)

#4 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

FINALLY! Some love for us PS3 owners.

#5 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:57 AM

Did they patch this to eliminate some of the problems with frame rate and such?
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#6 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:29 AM

Finally a price drop for the ps3, i'll probably pick it up.
Posted Image

#7 darkclawsofchaos

darkclawsofchaos

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

Did they patch this to eliminate some of the problems with frame rate and such?

Yeah I want to know too! I kinda torn between the 360 and PS3 versions. On one hand, the single player on the 360 is best but on the other, the multiplayer on the PS3 is free. If the PS3 has a patch to fix its problems, then I would like to know about it.

#8 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

http://www.shacknews...article.x/51865

Yeah it looks like they have released a patch that cleared up a lot of issues so if your PS3 is internet connected you shouldn't have a problem buying this game. I'm still on the fence....

#9 fidgeteer

fidgeteer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

I'm in, no question. The gaming value is great, as mentioned. The writing value's even better.

MGS4, GTAIV, Orange Box: Anyone who thinks stochastic multimedia isn't the art form that will ultimately replace film needs to look at titles like these.

Edited by fidgeteer, 08 July 2008 - 02:47 AM.

#10 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:55 AM

man this is real tempting...dunno if i need more games though

#11 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:56 AM

Bought! My first real PS3 game purchase, not counting the copy of MGS4 that was bundled with my system.

Now if only Oblivion would drop a little more...
Posted Image

#12 d3rr1ck64

d3rr1ck64

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

Great, been wanting this one for awhile now, thanks for the tip ;)

#13 TechVW

TechVW

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

FYI, GameStop has it at $29.99 (not available online right now).
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=60798
It's Hi-Technicaaal! http://digibutter.nerr.biz

#14 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

hmm, maybe i'll just give my local gamestop a call and see if they have it in store so i could get it right away

#15 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

have yet to tried this online, dial-up, hopeless...

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#16 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

i saw it at a local walmart tonight for 29.98, if anyone feels like getting it earlier instead of waiting for it in the mail.

#17 jeromechef

jeromechef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

I got it at target for 13, it's a great deal. When I played online I didn't have any framerate issues or anything, and it was nice because it had EA dedicated servers (The 360 has to have hosts).

The only mark against is that Valve didn't have anything to do with the port, so it is possible that if they ever are able to do a console DLC of the weapon packs and new maps (Badlands, ctf_well, goldrush, etc) that it won't make it to the PS3. Or, that it will be up to the team who made the PS3 version to port it.

#18 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

It's not the framerate that's the problem with this game. It's the online Team Fortress 2 that's the problem. The huge amount of glitches that people take advantage of without ea giving them DAS BOOT is rather irritating to say the least. The frame rate is rather solid. It's just online glitches that piss everyone off.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#19 TURBO

TURBO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

http://www.shacknews...article.x/51865

Yeah it looks like they have released a patch that cleared up a lot of issues so if your PS3 is internet connected you shouldn't have a problem buying this game. I'm still on the fence....

That's not the problem. The problem is w/ the horrible frame-rate of the PS3 version.

http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=89373

Get it on PC if you have a PC w/ a vid card from anywhere in the last 5 years. It runs well even on older hardware & looks better than either console version.

But if you have to get it on a console the 360 version is much better.

#20 MrXpress

MrXpress

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

I wasn't able to ever have a smooth game of TF2 online on the PS3, as lag seemed to be permafixed at 1-2 seconds no matter which server I joined, and this was post-patch. Single player stuff was fine, although to be fair I only played Portal and HL2, and apparently most of the issues were with HL2:Ep1 and Ep2.

#21 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

We are looking at having CAG TF2 games (I won't be participating since I don't have it, but I'm including the game now in CAG PSN Gaming), so if people want people to play with, they should definitely be able to find some at CAG to play hopefully.

Not a bad deal.

But if you have to get it on a console the 360 version is much better.

I look at it this way, if many friends are playing the PS3 version of TF2 online, then I'd say that's more appealing personally (but that's because it's what most of my friends have and I'd really like to play them).
Posted Image

#22 fidgeteer

fidgeteer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

That's not the problem. The problem is w/ the horrible frame-rate of the PS3 version.

http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=89373

Sobering and saddening review, that -- enough so to compel me to cancel my order. I'll have to content myself with playing Portal on my laptop.

Gabe Newell is rather obnoxious about platforms he dislikes, but I do understand that his goal is the same as Microsoft's: he wants to create bullet-proof software that works on every reasonable hardware config. The caveat is that no one should deviate significantly from the basic architecture or Newell ceases to care about streamlining the experience: annoying but understandable.

The irony is that Valve has become more rigid about adopting Newell's approach than Microsoft itself.

(The upside is that Valve's content-privileging approach affords creativity the breathing room it deserves: it allowed Valve to discover, value and grant freedom to Portal's creators even while they were still driven college students.)

Edited by fidgeteer, 08 July 2008 - 01:33 PM.

#23 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

Its 26.99 used at gamestop, so after the 10% off used coupon and edge card, its close to 20 bucks :)...Although I am still going to wait for a 25% off coupon for ps3 before i pick it up

#24 leveskikesko

leveskikesko

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

I have a 360, but I just like getting ps3 games more considering I play the most games on it, and it probably won't break down on me.

The problems don't seem nearly as bad as they make it out to be. After all I played the xbox version of HL2 and enjoyed it until suddenly the game told me I couldn't advance, it couldn't be as bad as that.

As for TF2, I'd rather have it free. I don't feel like paying for xbl just to play it.

Seems like the smart choice for me.

Edited by leveskikesko, 08 July 2008 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image
http://www.prizerebe...dex.php?r=10421
This site is the ultimate deal! You do quick, 100% FREE, easy surveys and offers that get you points towards games and other game related products like consoles or digital points. No credit cards are required making it completely scam-free! (PM me for tips or more info) (I get points only if you do., so trust me, it works)
Still not convinced? Check my Prize Rebel Thread

#25 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

I wasn't able to ever have a smooth game of TF2 online on the PS3, as lag seemed to be permafixed at 1-2 seconds no matter which server I joined, and this was post-patch. Single player stuff was fine, although to be fair I only played Portal and HL2, and apparently most of the issues were with HL2:Ep1 and Ep2.

For the record, my roommates have played TF2 online a ton and had no problems whatsoever.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#26 djbooba

djbooba

Superficial Hitman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

TF2 works fine for me. Then again I usually play with the same group of people early in the morning.

#27 acecombat

acecombat

King of the Skies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thank god now i can get this.
Posted Image

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector... The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

#28 chess

chess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

I traded this for GTA4 a few months ago...happy to pick it up again at this price.

#29 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

I know a few people who bought this for PS3 and they never said anything about big framerate drops in the HL games and told me they had no problems beating the games. Not sure if the patch fixed this or not all PS3's had this problem. Never got to test it for myself (would rather play these game on my old laptop) but if the PS3 version ever goes under $10, I'd be curious to see how big an issue this is.

#30 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

Great Deal!

If only I wasnt so broke and backlogged as it is...