Games That make you crazy!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BennyWii

BennyWii

Lord of CAGton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:26 AM

Have you ever played a game and then when you stopped playing it was all you could think about?

This happen to me with a few games. For example after playing patapon for a few hours after i stop playing i found myself constantly doing things in a beat with out even knowing it. Such as changing the channel, brushing my teeth ect.

Another example is after playing Picross all i thought about was squares and numbers. I would try to figure out how something in the real world would look in picross and the amount of squares that were in each row and column.

Has this ever happen to you, and with what games??

Posted Image

Now Playing: Dead Space 2 (Hardcore), Burnout Paradise, Boderlands DLC.

Platinum Trophies:\\:D/
Infamous_Borderlands_Assassin's Creed 2_Fallout 3_ Fallout New Vegas_Sly 1_Sly 2_Sly 3_Dead Space.

#2 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:28 AM

I sometimes hear random sounds from games. It's pretty to hear GAME OVER when you're sitting in English class.

#3 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

Tetris... I would look at the floor of my old high school, and see which of the colored tiles would fit together.:lol:

#4 BennyWii

BennyWii

Lord of CAGton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

yes tetris drove me nuts too! I could do a whole game in my head.

Posted Image

Infamous_Borderlands_Assassin's Creed 2_Fallout 3_ Fallout New Vegas_Sly 1_Sly 2_Sly 3_Dead Space.

#5 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

Tetris... I would look at the floor of my old high school, and see which of the colored tiles would fit together.:lol:

I think this was fairly common for most people at the height of its popularity.

I sometimes hear random sounds from games. It's pretty to hear GAME OVER when you're sitting in English class.

You should consult a doctor over this.

#6 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

When i was a kid, I got Pokemon Yellow and played it for like, the entire day. Afterwards, I swear I could hear noises from it, to the point where I checked my GB multiple times to make sure it was off.

Nothing like that has ever happened again.
Posted Image

where scoob

#7 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:22 AM

After playing Space Channel 5 I said "chu" after every sentence for like a week.

You don't want to know what I did after playing Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2...

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#8 siderealshift

siderealshift

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

Every once in a while I'll hear something that sounds like the Xbox notification/Achievement noise and it kind of freaks me out a little.

#9 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

^This happens too.

Also, unrelated to the thread but related to that post: I get pissed when the achievement noise goes off and then I discover it's only a friend getting online.
Posted Image

where scoob

#10 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:36 AM

One time a song from Vice City came on the radio, and a few minutes later I noticed I was going about 90mph. (In my defense it was on 280.)

#11 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

Whenever I play MVC2 at the little arcade in my school against the locals there I always end up ruminating about combos and whatnot after I leave.

#12 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

Recently, Lumines. It just does not appeal to me. So, trying to play it to get my moneys worth was a bit infuriating.

#13 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

about 7 years ago when I was deeply almost psychoish about Ultima Online, it was all I could think about. More than just a game but a genre, RPG's. I so want to beat one. Anyone will do. I've started a few final fantasy's but always get to a big battle that I can't beat and just say Fuck it.

On a side note... I just beat my first mario game!

#14 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

Everquest during the beta test.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#15 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (at times)
Madden
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#16 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

about 7 years ago when I was deeply almost psychoish about Ultima Online, it was all I could think about. More than just a game but a genre, RPG's. I so want to beat one. Anyone will do. I've started a few final fantasy's but always get to a big battle that I can't beat and just say Fuck it.

On a side note... I just beat my first mario game!

Pre-UO Beta I was obsessed with the game. I worked on a news site for it, and read as much as I possibly could about it every day (information was much more scattered then). The game was a pretty big letdown for me when I finally got to play it.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#17 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

When I was younger I used to play Gameboy games so much (usually while camping/in the car) that I would hear the music in my head for hours after turning the Gameboy off. It was bizarre.

Nowadays it's mostly survival horror games that affect me. Most notably Fatal Frame III, since I kept dreaming that I was in the Mansion of Sleep for weeks and seeing/hearing the ghosts in my house (which looks a bit like the house/apartment in the game's 'real world'). *shudder*

#18 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

Patapon! Holy crap! Now that's a game that'll make anyone have that effect. Hell, the trailer alone made me nuts. When I got the demo, played for 2 hours and then when I finished, I couldn't get it out of my head. When I bought the full game, it was over. Everything I did had a rhythm to it. "Pata Pata Pata Pon!" Even as I'm typing this, I keep a beat to type the word "Patapon". I know I'm not the only one who got messed up from this game. There's a Penny Arcade comic that talks about this too. What's worse is that I haven't beat the game yet because I took a break. I'm afraid to go back, but I like the game too much to ignore it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Super Monkey Ball. Granted I was OBSESSED with it a few years back (I completed the entire game without continuing and only dying once) so it was no surprise I was seeing it in my sleep.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#20 Zerostatic

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

I was pretty obsessed with Morrowind when I discovered it like 2 years ago. I was never much of a PC gamer but I got it for like $3 dollars and though I heard about it I didn't know how epic it was.

I used to carry the overworld map with me and I'd work on memorizing it and trying to figure out where I was going to go next.

#21 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

When i was a kid, I got Pokemon Yellow and played it for like, the entire day. Afterwards, I swear I could hear noises from it, to the point where I checked my GB multiple times to make sure it was off.

Nothing like that has ever happened again.

Same thing happened to me on the gba whenever I played super mario world...

#22 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

I've had the same experience with Tetris as others here have, as well as Puyo Puyo, and most especially Tetris Attack/Planet Puzzle League.

When I was playing We Love Katamari, I caught myself looking at stuff (mailboxes, cars, that sort of thing) while walking around and wondering how big a katamari I would need in order to pick them up.

Edited by blueshinra, 08 July 2008 - 10:53 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#23 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

When I was a young lad, I used to be obsessed with Zelda: A Link to the Past. My friends and I would see caves and things everywhere, and gravestones in the couch cushions.

When I was 12 I got really into Final Fantasy VII, I thought about playing it when I was not.

I've also done the Tetris/tiles thing I think.

PaulManda.png

#24 Riyonuk

Riyonuk

Perfectionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

For a long time, I would hear the "whoosh" noise of the blue shell from Mario Kart.

And when I was little, if I ever got scared, the first thing that would pop into my head is that creepy killer ghost from Bubble Bobble, along with the freaky music ;)
Posted Image

#25 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

I had to stop Metroid Prime after 3 weeks non-stop because the nightmares wouldn't stop either.
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#26 BennyWii

BennyWii

Lord of CAGton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

Sometimes when i get a new game and play it for several hours i have a dream about it. I am stuck on one level or something and i cant sleep because my dream does not stop. Th is has happen to me multiple times.

Posted Image