Photo
- - - - -

Play-Asia.com Octopus Catching Summer Sale: 25% Off [GCN White Controller -$18.67]

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Play-Asia brings another great sale with a goofy name, offering up 25% off all in-stock items that were not released in the last 30 days.

Check out highlights and the main sale page, or click the comments link below to see your fellow CAG's recommendations.

If this has already been posted would a mod please lock this thread.

Think about summer, think about the beach, the sea and all that fun! Play-Asia.com is a sea of popular games, movies, discs and toys, come catch your long time favorites and discover lots more, join the many happy swimmers, sun bathers and octopus catchers at the seaside this summer!

Get ready to hit the beaches as the Summer Sale will commence from this very moment onwards towards the 20th of July, all in stock items will be reduced by 25% (yes you've read correctly, a whopping 25%!), just spot our Summer Sales mascot, the octopus, on our many product pages and catch him.

The octopuses are running loose throughout the website and only stay on a product page for as long as it is in stock. Some products are restocked regularly so octopuses come back every so often while others have limited availability so the octopuses never return once they are caught.

To avoid disappointment, get your baskets and water tanks ready and catch them as quickly as you can spot them to avoid disappointment. This octopus catching season is only going to last for a couple of days, start catching now and save plenty of cash in the process.

Feel free to share your octopus catching experience with your friends by joining our Affiliate Program. You can earn up to 12% commission on any sales referred by you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have carefully selected around 300 of our top selling products from throughout our complete catalogue in this news post to show you just a few examples of how the discount looks and feels like. There are a total of more than 10,000 different products at Play-Asia.com that have been discounted, so make sure to take your time for your bargain hunting (... eh octopus catching).

A whopping 25% discount has been applied to Play-Asia.com's regular selling price. This means that already discounted products have become even cheaper. Prices listed in this news post already reflect the latest sales price. Only products listed as "shipping within 24h" availability are still discounted, while others have already been grabbed by someone else.

Please also note that to get the most updated status for a product, you will be required to add this to your shopping cart. Product pages and category listings are subject to caching and may not reflect the current situation where the last piece of an item has been picked by another customer just minutes ago.

Plenty more discounts can be found in our constantly updated Bargain Pages.

http://www.play-asia...-1qs-49-en.html

Edited by CheapyD, 13 July 2008 - 10:58 AM.

#2 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

zounds! just when I thought I was done spending money on games for a while...
Posted Image

#3 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Also significant is the still pretty new Battle Fantasia is on there.

#4 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

Ah, I just bought this and paid $10 more

Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action (360) ASIA US$ 29.92

#5 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

Rhythm Tengoku is in stock at the moment for around $30 before shipping.

#6 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hmm, this makes Coloris, Digidrive and Boundish bit Generations for GBA 7.43 each.

I'll have to consider those. I think I read that one of them is pretty much just Pong though.

#7 Pixelriffic

Pixelriffic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

I like the matching color for the Wii, but I just don't use corded controllers anymore whenever I use the gamecube controller to play a game that supports it. I always use the wavebird. If they would just make an upgraded white wireless wavebird for the Wii that allows you to play games and navigate the Wii's menu with it, then I would definitely bite, but otherwise, I just don't see the need really.

#8 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

Oh, curse my internet filter for blocking Play-Asia! I'm sure the few things I want, that are usually low stock anyway, will be gone by the time I get home (if they're even in stock to begin with).

#9 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hmm, this makes Coloris, Digidrive and Boundish bit Generations for GBA 7.43 each.

I'll have to consider those. I think I read that one of them is pretty much just Pong though.

Picking up all three knocked one down to 6.43. I picked up all 3 as well as the Famicom Mini (Classic NES) Legend of Zelda also for 7.43.

They have some other Famicom Mini games also discounted, but none that cheap. SMB is 20.xx unfortunately.

#10 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Octopus Catching?

Edit:
=O
The Chocobo's Dungeon Wii Soundtrack is on there.

Must get.

Edited by EXStrike, 11 July 2008 - 02:38 PM.

#11 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Just copped that Battle Fantasia for $44.57 (shipped).

EDIT: Damn, those white and silver PS3 controller looks sweet as hell. I still have two unopened Sixaxis controllers from last winter though. It's not much of a loss as they were $20 each shipped (Amazon), but I'd rather have different colors. Rumble is a plus ;)

Edited by NovaKane, 11 July 2008 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

#12 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Rhythm Tengoku!

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1fhv.html

#13 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Site is getting hammered.

#14 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Site is getting hammered.

Truth. I can't even log in.

#15 xmrblondex

xmrblondex

has Basketball Jones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

http://www.play-asia...en-70-2m7r.html

when the site comes back up, can anyone who reads japanese let me know what size that windbreaker is?
Stay ready, ain't gotta get ready

#16 DirtRoadSport

DirtRoadSport

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm trying to get the white GCN controller and Coloris right now. Site keeps fading out on me....
Now Playing:

Wii Sports Resort - Wii
various ART STYLE games - DSi
Ridge Racers 2 - PSP

My Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=180071

#17 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

nice prices, Amazon's spoiled me with no shipping/no tax though. kills me to see $34 shipping. Guess I'll have to take a couple games out and see if it's any better.

#18 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

I have been trying to place an order for the last 15 minutes with no luck.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Rhythm Tengoku!

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1fhv.html

nice but the DS version is coming at the end of the month

#20 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Anyone have any import wii recommendations?

#21 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

Jesus, their site is imploding.

#22 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

The shipping rates kill it for me. It's still good for import games though, but I don't know of many import games that are good to have.

#23 DirtRoadSport

DirtRoadSport

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I have been trying to place an order for the last 15 minutes with no luck.

I got past shipping selection and am hoping I can put in a card # at some point...
Now Playing:

Wii Sports Resort - Wii
various ART STYLE games - DSi
Ridge Racers 2 - PSP

My Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=180071

#24 ep2011

ep2011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

Wow, I ordered two games that are on the sale literally 1-2 weeks ago (DJ Max 2 and Initial D: Street Stage).

Do they do any price matching like Amazon does within 30 days? :(

#25 miniMacGuru

miniMacGuru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

No price match policy (and I just order stuff last week).
http://www.play-asia...cing-49-en.html

#26 kobunicus

kobunicus

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

The octopus is not showing on the game I want. It's in stock and regular priced all the time. Dang it.

Edited by kobunicus, 11 July 2008 - 06:43 PM.

#27 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

You can't use a coupon when there is a sale going on right?

#28 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

The shipping rates kill it for me. It's still good for import games though, but I don't know of many import games that are good to have.

Um, really? $3 for shipping a game from Asia is really quite a bargain..

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#29 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

You can't use a coupon when there is a sale going on right?

Right. They don't let you double dip.

If you only have non-sale items in your cart, however, you can still use a coupon.

#30 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

I think this is finally enough to convince to buy Ouendan. I loved Elite Beat Agents, and I bought Ouendan 2 from YesAsia several months ago. While I'm at it, I think I'm going to add two Bit Generation games as well. Looks to be about $51.53 plus shipping for all three.

EDIT: Shipping costs $5.90, so the total will be $57.43. Gotta think about it a bit more before I pull the trigger. Any advice?

Edited by SirChadlyOC, 11 July 2008 - 07:20 PM.