Photo
- - - - -

MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#1 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

CAG League 2.0 World Series Champion

Posted Image
Los Angeles Dodgers - cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on

Spoiler

Signed Up Teams *click name to send private message
CAG Name | PSN ID | Team | Time Zone
1. n8rockerasu - n8rocker82 - Arizona Diamondbacks - EST
2. Supreme - CaptainBackslap - Boston Red Sox - EST
3. PapiChullo - PapiChullo - Philadelphia Phillies - EST
4. DestroVega - DestroVega - New York Yankees - EST
5. V4oLDbOY - MrOldboy - New York Mets - PST *victim of the week 3 glitch
6. Fuzi0n - FuzionMC - Detroit Tigers - PST
7. ivanctorres - ICT_EsqGamer - Tampa Bay Rays - EST
8. Wpark83 - Wpark83 - Cincinnati Reds - PST
9. talonthrawn - talon7 - Los Angeles Angels - EST
10. Ultimate Matt X - TheUMX - Cleveland Indians
11. cdrw123 - humanoidtyph0on - Los Angeles Dodgers
12. melokeith - cusemanKeith - Chicago Cubs - EST

Final Standings
Posted Image
Posted Image

Current Pitching Rotations

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

Philadelphia Phillies - PapiChullo/PapiChullo
Spoiler

Central

Chicago Cubs
- melokeith/cusemanKeith
Spoiler

Cincinnati Reds - Wpark83/Wpark83
Spoiler

West

Arizona Diamondbacks
- n8rockerasu/n8rocker82
Spoiler

Los Angeles Dodgers
- cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on
Spoiler

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East
Boston Red Sox
- Supreme/CaptainBackslap
Spoiler

New York Yankees - DestroVega/DestroVega
Spoiler

Tampa Bay Rays
- ivanctorres/ICT_EsqGamer
Spoiler

Central
Cleveland Indians
- Ultimate Matt X/TheUMX
Spoiler

Detroit Tigers
- Fuzi0n/FuzionMC
Spoiler

West

Los Angeles Angels - talonthrawn/talon7
Spoiler

Pitching rotations will be used, so you will have to use your ace for your first game, #2 starter for your second game, etc and so on until you start over again for your sixth and eleventh games. You'll go through your rotations three times through the season. Playoffs won't have this restriction, so you can use your best pitcher at your own discretion. If you'd like to change your rotation, please post in this thread and I'll update accordingly. But if you want to put a reliever in at starter, make sure you've got the latest roster and check to make sure you really want to do that. Lineups are free to be changed at your discretion at any time, so take care of those before and during league games.

Don't forget that rosters will change as they do in real life, so you'll have to worry about injuries each week taking out important players like the professionals do.

Each week you and your opponent will need to schedule a time to play. So, you can post here or send PMs to each other to see what time is best. If you do not play your game for the week, a winner has to be chosen, so I'll toss a coin and let luck decide the outcome.

Good luck everyone. Play with respect, play fair, and most importantly have fun. The best four teams over the next 16 weeks will move on to the playoffs to determine the world champion.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 26 November 2008 - 04:08 AM.

#2 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the invite. Good luck to all.
Keith

#3 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

Hello and welcome to the second coming of Cheap Ass Gamer League Baseball where the players that missed out on the first league get an opportunity to play some organized baseball.

I'm going to try and recruit 12 players for this league which I plan on starting early next week.

This post will be keeping track of standings, teams, and pitching rotations that will be used in-game.

I recommend that you read everything included in this original post so there are no complaints about missing any rules.

Signed Up Teams
CAG Name | PSN ID | Team
1. n8rockerasu - n8rocker82 - Arizona Diamondbacks
2. Supreme - CaptainBackslap - Boston Red Sox
3. PapiChullo - PapiChullo - Philadelphia Phillies
4. DestroVega - DestroVega - New York Yankees
5. V4oLDbOY - MrOldboy - New York Mets
6. Fuzi0n - FuzionMC - Detroit Tigers
7. ivanctorres - ICT_EsqGamer - Tampa Bay Rays
8. Wpark83 - Wpark83 - Cincinnati Reds
9. talonthrawn - talon7 - Los Angeles Angels
10. Ultimate Matt X - TheUMX - Cleveland Indians
11. cdrw123 - humanoidtyph0on - Los Angeles Dodgers
12. melokeith - cusemanKeith - Chicago Cubs

Latest Standings
-

Week 1 Schedule
-

Current Pitching Rotations

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East
New York Mets - V4oLDbOY/MrOldboy
Spoiler

Philadelphia Phillies - PapiChullo/PapiChullo
Spoiler

Central

Chicago Cubs
- melokeith/cusemanKeith
Spoiler

Cincinnati Reds - Wpark83/Wpark83
Spoiler

West

Arizona Diamondbacks
- n8rockerasu/n8rocker82
Spoiler

Los Angeles Dodgers
- cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on
Spoiler

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East
Boston Red Sox
- Supreme/CaptainBackslap
Spoiler

New York Yankees - DestroVega/DestroVega
Spoiler

Tampa Bay Rays
- ivanctorres/ICT_EsqGamer
Spoiler

Central
Cleveland Indians
- Ultimate Matt X/TheUMX
Spoiler

Detroit Tigers
- Fuzi0n/FuzionMC
Spoiler

West

Los Angeles Angels - talonthrawn/talon7
Spoiler

Pitching rotations will be used, so you will have to use your ace for your first game, #2 starter for your second game, etc and so on until you start over again for your sixth and eleventh games. You'll go through your rotations three times through the season. Playoffs won't have this restriction, so you can use your best pitcher at your own discretion. If you'd like to change up your rotation, please post in this thread and I'll update that, but if you've want to put a reliever in at starter, make sure you've got the latest roster and check to make sure you really want to do that. Lineups are free to be changed at your discretion at any time, so take care of those before and during league games.

Don't forget that rosters will change as they do in real life, so you'll have to worry about injuries each week taking out important players like the professionals do.

Each week you and your opponent will need to schedule a time to play and I believe the home team gets the honor of picking, so you can send PMs or messages to each other to see what time's best, but the league system also has its own set-up for that task, as well. If you do not play your game for the week, I get to decide who wins or not, so I'll probably just toss a coin and make it as fair as possible if it's not down to one person just flaking out on the league.

Good luck everyone. Play with respect, play fair, and most importantly have fun. The best eight teams over the next 15 weeks will move on to the playoffs to determine the world champion.

*** ADDITIONAL NOTES*** I just figured it would be easier to repost this than try to acquire ownership of the other thread (nyprimus4 seems to have dropped off the face of the planet). Hopefully this will give us a fresh start. 7 of our 12 people have accepted the league invite. We're waiting on DestroVega, V4oLDbOY, ivanctorres, Ultimate Matt X, and melokeith. Once these guys join the league, I can activate it, and get the schedule set up. Come on guys. I'm in this league because I love baseball. Why are you here?

oh... my bad... I'll accept the league invite now..

#4 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

I'm interested in the Rangers, I'll have to get back to you in a few days though, but put me down as a reserve if possible please.

#5 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

I'm in,, might wanna PM those other guys

#6 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

I'm in,, might wanna PM those other guys

good call, I'll do that now

#7 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

wow its really stating? Papichullo, just pm me when you wana play, on cag or psn. I'm rpetty much free the rest of the week.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#8 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:16 AM

Thank you to the guys who accepted the invite today. 3 guys left and we can get started! dg7md, I've got you as an alternate in case someone drops before we get going.

Come on guys! Who wants a piece of my Dbacks?!? Brandon "Spud" Webb, Daniel "Boone" Haren, and Randy "I'll pitch till my arm falls off because I have no other life skills" Johnson = WIN! Also, you'll cry when the biggest power hitter on my team (Micah Owings) goes deep on you! Bwahahaha

#9 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hey Keith, sorry about not being able to play a game tonight. I don't know what the hell was going on with my connection, but I'll have it figured out tomorrow. It would just randomly disconnect me. And sometimes, when trying to get back to one of the menu screens, it would just freeze on the background, and then it would reboot my PS3 (I hope that's not anything serious, but I'm assuming it's from sensing the dead connection and not knowing what to do). Anyway, I will have it sorted out in time for week 1.

Speaking of which, V4oLDbOY and ivanctorres...come on guys. We're waiting on you. I know I've spoken with both of you privately, but if you actually give a damn about playing, let's get this thing moving.

#10 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

no problem. Looks like just waiting for one more person now.
Keith

#11 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

UPDATE: State of the League (and my crappy connection) Address

Ok, well, I went by my ISP today, and told them about my connection. They gave me a tech number to call, and after an hour on the phone with tech guy, running speed test after speed test, disabling firewalls, and running in safe mode, he was finally willing to admit that their modem is a piece of shit. They're supposed to bring me a new one tomorrow, which gives me the hope that we can get the league going by Saturday!

On that note, ivanctorres...you are the ONLY one we're waiting on. You're finally on my PSN friends list, but every time I try to add you to my buddy list in The Show, it tells me "User does not exist". If I can't get you added by 11:59 pm on 7/18, I'll have to look for a replacement.

If anybody else wants to try adding him to see if I just don't know how to type an underscore, his PSN name is ICT_EsqGamer I hate to just veto anybody out of the league, but the process of adding someone to a buddy list and sending out a league invite should be nowhere near this complex. I want to play some ball, and I'm sure everybody else does too. Can't wait to see who my first opponent will be!

#12 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:34 AM

UPDATE: State of the League (and my crappy connection) Address

Ok, well, I went by my ISP today, and told them about my connection. They gave me a tech number to call, and after an hour on the phone with tech guy, running speed test after speed test, disabling firewalls, and running in safe mode, he was finally willing to admit that their modem is a piece of shit. They're supposed to bring me a new one tomorrow, which gives me the hope that we can get the league going by Saturday!

On that note, ivanctorres...you are the ONLY one we're waiting on. You're finally on my PSN friends list, but every time I try to add you to my buddy list in The Show, it tells me "User does not exist". If I can't get you added by 11:59 pm on 7/18, I'll have to look for a replacement.

If anybody else wants to try adding him to see if I just don't know how to type an underscore, his PSN name is ICT_EsqGamer I hate to just veto anybody out of the league, but the process of adding someone to a buddy list and sending out a league invite should be nowhere near this complex. I want to play some ball, and I'm sure everybody else does too. Can't wait to see who my first opponent will be!

i think he is on my list... i'll message him

#13 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

man, I tried to play a few games last night and people just quit after the 5th inning or so, even when ahead. Just annoying

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#14 cdrw123

cdrw123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

yeah n8rockerasu i was wondering wats going on with you been signin on and offline like crazy. i live in a dorm so i guess it must been your connection slowing us down lol. Hopefully you can get a net taken care off so we enjoy less lag free games.

#15 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

N8rocker82- I sent u a buddy invite on the Show hopefully that changes things. Check ur inbox on the show. If not try to send me an invite and see if that works.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#16 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

N8rocker82- I sent u a buddy invite on the Show hopefully that changes things. Check ur inbox on the show. If not try to send me an invite and see if that works.

Great! Glad we're finally buddies, haha. I sent you the invite, so once you accept it, we can get this thing started. I still have no clue why it told me your user name didn't exist because after I accepted your buddy invite...your user name looks the exact same as I typed it every single time, haha.

And good game to cdrw123. Glad we got a rematch in before the season starts. I don't know what happened with that first game, but I guess if you add the games together, the score was 6-2, haha. Amazingly enough, there was no lag. The guy isn't even coming out to fix my connection for another couple hours, but of course now it seems to be fine. I'm still going to make him give me a new modem though because that crap is unreliable.

Anyway, as soon as ivanctorres joins the league, I'll get the schedule set up and post it on here. Remember, we're using rotations, so if anybody wants to alter theirs (the ones I have posted are current based on The Show's roster), just post your desired rotation here, and I'll adjust it accordingly (Obviously, PapiChullo...you'll have Joe Blanton in the next update). But your ace can only pitch in weeks 1, 6, 11, and 16. Your #2 in weeks 2, 7, and 12. You get the idea... If anyone has any questions or problems, just let me know!

#17 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

N8-Im in the office now but I will join when I get home from work and the league should be fully functional and ready to go!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#18 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

N8-Im in the office now but I will join when I get home from work and the league should be fully functional and ready to go!

awesome man, sounds good!

#19 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:04 AM

None of you have ever heard my voice, but it'll be singing TMOTTBG during every 7th inning stretch.

#20 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

None of you have ever heard my voice, but it'll be singing TMOTTBG during every 7th inning stretch.

I guess it's a good thing we're using fastplay then! *zing!* haha, j/k!

#21 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

All right guys..the league is now active and the schedule for week 1 is up! No one has messaged me with any rotation changes, so I'm assuming you're going to use your rotation as it is in the game. For example, I'm swapping Brandon Webb and Danny Haren in my rotation. Since the aces will go four times during the regular season, and I'm more comfortable pitching with Haren, he's my guy at the front of the rotation.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANY CHANGES, MAKE SURE YOU POST YOUR REVISED ROTATION BEFORE YOU PLAY YOUR FIRST GAME.

Here is the schedule and pitching matchups for week 1.

Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer) at Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82)
Pitching Matchup: Scott Kazmir vs. Danny Haren

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap)
Pitching Matchup: Mike Mussina vs. Josh Beckett

Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83) at Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith)
Pitching Matchup: Aaron Harang vs. Carlos Zambrano

Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: Justin Verlander vs. John Lackey

Cleveland Indians (TheUMX) at New York Mets (MrOldboy)
Pitching Matchup: Cliff Lee vs. Johan Santana

Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on) at Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo)
Pitching Matchup: Derek Lowe vs. Cole Hamels

It's up to you to message your opponent and arrange a time to play. I activated the league around midnight, so I'm assuming you have until around 11:59pm on 7/25 to get your game played. Good luck to all you guys!

Edited by n8rockerasu, 19 July 2008 - 06:52 AM.

#22 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

captain... when's a good time?

#23 Wpark83

Wpark83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Cuseman, let me know when is a good time...I'm usually free weeknights after 9 PM eastern time.

#24 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

Id like to make the bold prediction that I will finish in last place :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#25 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Lately the most annoying things have been happening to me while playing online. I've had major frame rate issues and pitching lag when I'm up to bat. The pitch looks like its coming then it moves back and comes slowly, usually change-ups and curve balls. It makes it impossible to hit anything off-speed even when I try to swing late.

p.s. Johann Santana is cheap.

Edit 2: Some guy just throws a 2 hitter on me then rates me a 1 star Pulls/disconnects...WTF people are fucking retarded, I played a whole game while getting shutout and 2 hits. I swear I have the worst luck at this game. Also ivan you have no chance a last place, that will go to me.

Edited by Fuzi0n, 19 July 2008 - 08:40 PM.

#26 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Lately the most annoying things have been happening to me while playing online. I've had major frame rate issues and pitching lag when I'm up to bat. The pitch looks like its coming then it moves back and comes slowly, usually change-ups and curve balls. It makes it impossible to hit anything off-speed even when I try to swing late.

Yeah, after having a technician come out to fix my connection yesterday, he played around with the modem a bit, and got it to test at the 10 meg I pay for. I played a couple games online later in the day, and it was lagging just the same. It's SPORTSCONNECT man. This is why I'd gladly pay $50 (more like $35 for CAGs) a year if the PS3 could give me reliable online gaming. Basically, the only thing you can do with this game is try at odd hours, hope less people are playing, and you can get a decent connection.

Edit 2: Some guy just throws a 2 hitter on me then rates me a 1 star Pulls/disconnects...WTF people are fucking retarded, I played a whole game while getting shutout and 2 hits. I swear I have the worst luck at this game. Also ivan you have no chance a last place, that will go to me.

Haha, I'll do you one better. I played a guy yesterday (Beerman07), I was my Dbacks and he was the Cardinals. No lag whatsoever, very evenly matched game. He was a good pitcher, I only managed a couple of 2 out singles, until the 5th inning when I finally strung a few hits together and took a 1-0 lead.

On the flip side, I was also throwing a no-hitter with Danny Haren. The game continues, and I've still got the no-no going in the 7th. He tries bunting on me! Luckily, it rolled foul, so then I throw him some crap, and he strikes out. I think he finally got a hit in the 8th, and ended up tying the game (Haren was at like 112 pitches by this point).

I take out Haren and bring in Qualls. He's got men on 1st and 2nd, with no outs. I then pick off his lead runner by stepping off the mound. He gets pissed, loses all discipline, and I get out of the inning tied. The game goes to extras, I hit a go ahead homerun on a 1-2 pitch, and now have a 2-1 lead.

He makes 2 quick outs in the bottom of the 10th, and then pinch hits for his pitcher. On the first pitch, he hits a grounder to first base. I field it, go to step on the bag, and he pauses the game and quits! Who does that??? That game was a battle if I ever saw one, but seriously, I outhit him like 8 to 3! I deserved to win that game, and he can't even be a man about it. Freakin lame man.

#27 cdrw123

cdrw123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

How you know he rated you a 1 star?

#28 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, after having a technician come out to fix my connection yesterday, he played around with the modem a bit, and got it to test at the 10 meg I pay for. I played a couple games online later in the day, and it was lagging just the same. It's SPORTSCONNECT man. This is why I'd gladly pay $50 (more like $35 for CAGs) a year if the PS3 could give me reliable online gaming. Basically, the only thing you can do with this game is try at odd hours, hope less people are playing, and you can get a decent connection.

Yeah, but I haven't had any other problems on psn, mlb 07 was terrible and so was 06 on the ps2. The game just cant handle online play for some reason. having a better PSN would't do anything if the devs at SCEA cant get the game to run ok online.

#29 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

How you know he rated you a 1 star?

You can check everything here.

#30 melokeith

melokeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

How about Tuesday at 10pm EST?
Keith

Cuseman, let me know when is a good time...I'm usually free weeknights after 9 PM eastern time.

Edited by melokeith, 20 July 2008 - 12:30 PM.