KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

FAQ/Stuff that people keep saying every single page:

1. "I HATE THIS, I WANT THE BLADES BACK":

Press the guide button.

2. "WTF, WHERE IS MY GAMERPIC?":

Press the guide button. Among other things.

3. TO DELETE DEMOS/GAMES WITH ZERO ACHIEVEMENT POINTS IN YOUR HISTORY:

Guide Button > Left Arrow > Achievements > select game with score of 0 > X button.

4. HOW TO INSTALL TO THE HARD DRIVE:

My XBox > Y button on left-most box > Install to hard drive (game must be in tray for both installation and gameplay).

5. "THE OLD THEMES LOOK LIKE CRAP NOW":

Yes, they do. Wasted money. Pony up for the new overpriced "premium" themes and you'll get something that fits the new layout a bit better. And something that gives your friends list a customized background.

6. QUEUE UP MARKETPLACE DOWNLOADS VIA XBOX.COM SO YOU CAN SHOP THROUGH YOUR PC:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ (USA link)

Pre-release stuff:

Spoiler

Edited by KaneRobot, 23 November 2008 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image

#2 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

looks better than the way they integrated now
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#3 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

Not liking the harsh transition in the Gears theme. I really like the other two though, they actually look like wallpapers, props.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#4 KillJoi99

KillJoi99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Actually that looks way better than it does now. When seeing the new dash now I think it looks boring without one. But wouldnt they have to recode for every them so it works right with the dash and then reup it? If thats the case they better support old themes and have this ready for when the new dash hits.

Posted Image
Are you a Browns fan? Know a Browns fan? Then join the local CAG Browns Backers chapter.

#5 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

looks better than the way they integrated now

I'm loving how the Halo 3 one looks...I think the Gears one is messed up - there should be stuff where the gray area is - if it were corrected that would look good as well. The Viva Pinata one looks like crap. Obviously it'll vary from theme to theme, but if this is how they decide to do it, they definitely could have done a worse job.
Posted Image

#6 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Thats what I had expected. I just hope the new interface stays clean like this without all the ads.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

I'm loving how the Halo 3 one looks...I think the Gears one is messed up - there should be stuff where the gray area is - if it were corrected that would look good as well. The Viva Pinata one looks like crap. Obviously it'll vary from theme to theme, but if this is how they decide to do it, they definitely could have done a worse job.

but if they had it so the theme would stretch the full screen in the part that the GOW one shows, it would look really cluttered and make your eyes bug out. With having the gray bar, it will make it easier to navigate that part of the dash.

Fuck, I still don't think I worded that right
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#8 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Wow the new interface actually looks nice now.

#9 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

This new xbox dashboards scares me.

#10 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

When is the new dashboard supposed to arrive? I like it more now :)

#11 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:15 PM

When is the new dashboard supposed to arrive? I like it more now :)

fall, when ever that is
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

I hope it's early in the fall. My avatar needs some RB2 clothes. =P

And the themes look decent. I really like the new interface personally. I just hope it isn't as laggy as the blades were.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#13 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

I wonder if they are going to be any free onces.

All my themes are from movies and games that gave them to me for free.

#14 Davideo

Davideo

CAG Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

I'd have to say that is the most obvious way for them to be... Most themes had multiple backgrounds, I wonder how if it'd still switch through those since there are no "blades".

#15 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

Ok, so basically...all the new features hit this FALL. I believe I read Netflix is late fall also. Hopefully we get them sooner.

I also would assume the current themes would work....maybe it will randomize the blade pictures.

#16 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I just hope to god that the thing works fucking faster than the one now. To me it always seemed like the dashboard lag a little to much.

#17 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I'd have to say that is the most obvious way for them to be... Most themes had multiple backgrounds, I wonder how if it'd still switch through those since there are no "blades".

Different picture for each category?

#18 xcoax

xcoax

Friendly Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I do in fact fear change when it comes to this dashboard. This is the first time I've actually seen it and it doesn't look half bad. I don't see where they're going to be able to fit all the TMobile ads though...
Posted Image

#19 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

looks good, the sooner the better...

I thought I had heard/read that the netflix will start up as soon as the new dash goes live. I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that.

Posted Image

#20 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

I guess Major Dickhead has an alias.

I forgot about ads. That takes some of the appeal away from those screenshots since you know the final product won't look as clean as that.

Most themes had multiple backgrounds, I wonder how if it'd still switch through those since there are no "blades".

True, but you're still moving right and left. I would assume they'd just put some quick change/fading effect on each background as you shuffled through them.
Posted Image

#21 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

I didn't see a thread focussing on this, just lots of threads that mention it. So I think we need one where we can speculate and post what we know.

Gametrailers has a direct feed walk through of it that's pretty thorough.

http://www.gametrail...ayer/36412.html

#22 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

when is this supposed to happen? I am really interested in 1 vs. 100 live and how that works... I love the show and always thought there should be live versions of game shows online.... christ, the 3DO had one!

#23 KillJoi99

KillJoi99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

when is this supposed to happen? I am really interested in 1 vs. 100 live and how that works... I love the show and always thought there should be live versions of game shows online.... christ, the 3DO had one!

Fall, everything new interface and new to the XBOX dashboard system is just outlined as fall. So that could mean anywhere from September-December. Its very vauge, but at least theyve put some timetable onboard instead of PS3 and Home.

Posted Image
Are you a Browns fan? Know a Browns fan? Then join the local CAG Browns Backers chapter.

#24 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

I'm scared.

I want my laggy dashboard to stay.

Honestly, I like the modern/cover-flow look but it sure doesn't sound/look like it's going to be easier to navigate and find things but the opposite.
Spoiler

#25 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the new design. I'm also curious how this'll affect the themes we already have for our 360's.

#26 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

There seems to be a lot of empty space in the new design. I'm also curious how this'll affect the themes we already have for our 360's.

These builds have no ads. Expect that to change.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#27 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

Well, at least my Ghost in the Shell themes will still work.

#28 DCriminal

DCriminal

Do Not Drive Angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

The bit about the guide at the end saves the redesign in my opinion.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
- Hanlon's Razor

#29 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

This dash sucks =\
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#30 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

i like the current one better
Posted Image