Release date announcement and info on the meet up can be found HERE.
The first next-generation game for Zipper Interactive (creators of the online phenomenon SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs), MAG offers a sweeping battle experience for a total of 256 players online. Eight player squads combine together to form a tactical military experience like no other.
Genre: Online Shooter
Online Play: 256 Versus
Exclusively on PlayStation 3
Release Date: January 26, 2010
The game will contain three different private military company factions:
- Seryi Volk Executive Response/S.V.E.R. (pronounced "Sever"), a ragtag military force with personnel drawn from war-torn countries in the Middle East and Russia.
- Raven Industries, a faction with high-tech weapons and armor, comprising of West European soldiers.
- Valor Company, whose soldiers are equipped with more standard-styled gear.They comprise of seasoned veterans from the United States, United Kingdom and Mexico.
2010 "Beta" info.
Hey everyone! This is just a friendly head’s up that our new MAG Beta program launches tomorrow, August 24, on the PlayStation Store. All you have to do to participate is download it when it becomes available, put your MAG disc into the PlayStation 3, and start the beta client from the “Game” section of the XMB.
Please Note: You MUST have a MAG retail disc in your PlayStation 3 in order for the MAG Beta client to work
Once you’ve logged on to the server and your pre-existing MAG character has been copied to its universe (don’t worry, the copy-over won’t affect your main character), you can then access our beta server in two separate sessions per weekday — with each session lasting four hours apiece every Monday through Friday. Listed below are the session times for multiple time zones.
- Hawaii: 5am-9am
- Alaska: 7am-11am
- Pacific: 8am-12pm
- Mountain: 9am-1pm
- Central: 10am-2pm
- Eastern: 11am-3pm
- GMT: 3pm-7pm
We will limit the number of players that can access the beta environment for the first few days of launch to track stability and increase that player limit as we progress. If you get a message that the server is full, try back again later!
- Hawaii: 1pm-5pm
- Alaska: 3pm-7pm
- Pacific: 4pm-8pm
- Mountain: 5pm-9pm
- Central: 6pm-10pm
- Eastern: 7pm-11pm
- GMT: 11pm-3am
Now that you’re here, there are a number of areas that we’d love for you to test:
To deliver feedback and report bugs, visit our official MAG forums at forums.mag.com. Go to the “MAG Beta Program 2010″ subsection and choose to discuss your experience with fellow fans in the “Beta General Discussion” board, or describe any problems you may be having in the “Beta Issues and Bug Reports” board.
- An increased level cap
- The new economy system
- Our revamped skill tree
During this testing period, we’re looking for as much feedback as possible — specifically in regards to the new Economy and Skills systems; including…
Economy feedback items
Skill feedback items
- Basic pricing of items — is it too cheap or too expensive?
- Level requirements for items — is it too low or high?
- Basic usability and layout — do you like/dislike it and why?
- Do any skills seem overpowered or underpowered?
- Skill placement – any skill branches too late/early in a tree?
On behalf of everyone at Zipper Interactive, thank you for your time and participation in the MAG Beta program. We hope you have fun!
- Is it fun? If it isn’t, why not? If it is, why is it?
Early Pre-order details.
CAG CLAN: Faction/Leader: ???
Current BETA info: ENDED.
BETA Phase Info:
"Qore subscriber beta phase" details:
Edited by shrike4242, 07 January 2011 - 09:45 PM.