Free Wii with Comcast triple play premium

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

Last Week broadband reports (formerly DSLreports)
Leaked some info about an up-coming free Wii promotion with the comcast triple play premium subscription, but I was suspicious.
Well, this morning I heard a radio add for it and confirmed it online.
This may be regional, but if it's in Metro-ATL it is probably in most other major cities.
http://www.dslreport...-Official-96468

Not the best deal ever but worth a look.

Direct link coming ASAP.

Edited by h3llbring3r, 28 July 2008 - 03:09 PM.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#2 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Last Week broadband reports (formerly DSLreports)
Leaked some info about an up-coming free Wii promotion with the comcast triple play premium subscription, but I was suspicious.
Well, this morning I heard a radio add for it and confirmed it online.
This may be regional, but if it's in Metro-ATL it is probably in most other major cities.
http://www.dslreport...-Official-96468

Not the best deal ever but worth a look.

Direct link coming ASAP.

I have that and the monthly bill is ~$185 with 12Mbps Internet

Its 16Mbps my mistake

Edited by jacknicklson, 28 July 2008 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#3 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

UPDATE:
I called an asked if an upgrade counted from just cable to the triple play premium.
I was told that the promotion is currently for totally new customers, while it might be expanded.

So if you already have any Comcast service you are denied the promotion. I also asked if I cancelled my current service how long would I have to wait to qualify; I was told it would be 6 (six) months before I was eligable for the promotion.

My Trade list:

#4 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Two Year Contract from what someone posted kills the deal.

My girlfriend was trying to sign up for the free Nintendo DS last year with the triple play. She had cable service at the time and was told it was for "new" subscribers to all three. She said that was ridiculous since she had only one of the services. She ended up talking to a supervisor who informed her they had very limited quantities of the DS. After much discussion, the supervisor said they couldn't give her the DS but they would credit her account for the value of the DS. It was a good trade-off since I had already gotten her a DS but bad for me since she said she was going to give it to me. Oh, well.

#5 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

My girlfriend was trying to sign up for the free Nintendo DS last year with the triple play. She had cable service at the time and was told it was for "new" subscribers to all three. She said that was ridiculous since she had only one of the services. She ended up talking to a supervisor who informed her they had very limited quantities of the DS. After much discussion, the supervisor said they couldn't give her the DS but they would credit her account for the value of the DS. It was a good trade-off since I had already gotten her a DS but bad for me since she said she was going to give it to me. Oh, well.

Yes, I have been told that if you threaten to leave any/all their services all together or ask for a supervisor you can negotiate to get the deals and promotions that are available to new customers. (I have friends and neighbors who have called and recieved free movie channel promos, giftcards . . .etc.)

So for existing customers it is highly YMMV, but you at least have a shot.

I am thinking about it, but with AT&T UVERSE for less in surrounding neighborhoods I am hoping it will be in mine soon. However, if I didn't have a Wii already this would be really tempting.

My Trade list:

#6 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

$185 a month???? Screw that lol my local gives it to me for $70, or 20mbps for $100

#7 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

$185 a month???? Screw that lol my local gives it to me for $70, or 20mbps for $100

You get phone, almost all channels and 20Mbps for $100?!? Lucky bastard.
Posted Image

#8 daminion

daminion

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

You get phone, almost all channels and 20Mbps for $100?!? Lucky bastard.

I get phone, almost all channels, and 15Mbps internet for $115 (after all the taxes).

#9 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

I get phone, almost all channels, and 15Mbps internet for $115 (after all the taxes).

That's pretty close to the price my parents pay for Fiber-Optic service bundle.

Basic cable (expanded), phone and 10 MBs for $100-
However, if you add 1 or 2 premium movie channel bundles and a HD box rental with DVR you get close to (but still slightly cheaper than) the comparable comcast premium triple-play price.

My Trade list:

#10 pagster

pagster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

I heard this on the radio - and at the end of the ad, it required a 24 month minimum contract (ouch).

#11 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

i get phone..a lot of channels..and pretty fast internet (not sure how fast)....for FREE!!
my dad pays the bill.

cant beat that

#12 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:41 AM

God I hated Comcast when I had it. Luckily now I have Verizon Fios :)

#13 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

This is far from being a good deal...you end up paying for the Wii plus a sh**load more! Though I will commend them on their promotion, as I'm sure they'll sucker in quite a few customers with it.

Screw Comcast Up Their Stupid A**es!!!!

#14 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

you end up paying for the Wii plus a sh**load more!

How isn't this obvious exactly? You'd still have to pay a monthly price for the Comcast service, the wii is just an extra bonus. It's a deal for those who were thinking about getting the package. It isn't something you just sign up for, get a wii and just cancel.

#15 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

How isn't this obvious exactly? You'd still have to pay a monthly price for the Comcast service, the wii is just an extra bonus. It's a deal for those who were thinking about getting the package. It isn't something you just sign up for, get a wii and just cancel.

I understand, but I don't know of anyone who is willing to sign a 24 month contract for service! And yes it should be obvious but believe it or not we still live in an age when the majority of people who have enough money to blow on this "deal" think they are getting just that...a deal.

#16 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

I'll have to look into this, I'm a current comcast subscriber but I'm thinking about dropping them for another company/companies.

Edited by shrike4242, 30 July 2008 - 03:00 PM.

#17 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

I just ordered the switch to get away from AT&T and their nightmare DSL service. But, since I had Comcast cable (not a new subscriber) and my total package for service was less than $130 (not including any hardware, such as a DVR), I was denied on the Wii deal.

Oh, well. At least I don't have to stay with Comcast for 2 years if they suck like AT&T did.