Contest (CAG Foreplay #50): Win Shipwreck's E3 Swag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #50, I collected some E3 swag and here is your chance to have it clutter up your dwelling space.

Here's the stuff I think we covered on the show. Regulation size Tecmo Bowl foam finger, Gamecock socks with high quality thread count, Gamecock button, Ninjatown button of adorable baby Ninja, and multi-tool from The Agency. The multi-tool actually has some branding on it and says "The Agency" on one arm and has the U.N.I.T.E. logo on the other arm.

We forgot to mention this print from South Peak's X-Blades. Will look great framed above any home's mantle. Makes a great discussion piece and as an added bonus, you can time how long it takes for your friends to find her face. My best time: 6.34 seconds.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by shipwreck, 31 July 2008 - 12:14 PM.

"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

There are a lot of things and games that I was excited to see at E3. I already knew that Gears of War 2 was going to be awesome, so I am going to give my vote to the Xbox 360 dashboard/experience overhaul. This includes the new layout, 8-person chat, Netflix streaming, etc. It can really turn the Xbox 360 into more of a media hub.

Edited by Quintessence, 31 July 2008 - 06:29 PM.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#3 Froogin

Froogin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:00 AM

Not really a game but I'd have to say the new Xbox Experience. As for games I'd say Bionic Commando... It was there right?
Posted ImagePosted Image

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Froogin.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EFroogin%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#4 die138

die138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

For me, it probably would have been Bungie's announcement, if they had made it. So it would have to be Rock Band 2. They're doing everything right. They aren't forcing me to buy new instruments. They use a la carte pricing with weekly downloads. Allowing us to export Disc 1 songs. They even got a song from Chinese Democracy!

The only negative thing is that my wife's go to song is Roxanne by the Police. She's not a great singer(don't worry she won't read this) and Sting can't even sing this song anymore so you can imagine her version. Oh well, it's the only game that I get to play with my her. I'll take what I can get.

Edited by die138, 31 July 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#5 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

My vote has to go to Mirror's Edge. I'm not much of a parkour fan, but the game not only looks beautiful but it seems to have a very unique take on platforming. The non-emphasis on combat makes it seem as if the core focus of the game is on platforming which excites me even more given the game takes place from a first person perspective. Given that the main thing I loved about Assassin's Creed was climbing and running around the city, playing a game where this is the core mechanic is an instant winner in my book.

#6 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

Tagged

#7 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

I was actually wowed by Mirrors Edge as well. Additional surprise factor that such a thing could come from an EA studio.

#8 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

I think Resident Evil 5 with Co-Op was a big surprise to me and makes re-think about buying this. At first I was like ok here is another RE game and don't get me wrong RE 4 was great but i'm just glad they threw in Co-Op. The New Prince of Persia looked really awesome with those cel-shaded graphics! I really can't wait to play that game because i'm a big fan of the last gen games. So i'm giving my nomination to The New Prince of Persia cause the AI teamwork looked really good with the flow of the gameplay and the team attacks looked pretty brutal. Can't wait for that game!

Edited by johnnyrocker360, 31 July 2008 - 08:45 AM.
typo

#9 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

I was impressed by Fat Princess. Seriously, the idea is awesome, the style is cel-shaded and is awesome in the waters of brown and grey. It's something that got my attention right away and it's hard stop thinking about it once you bring it up.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#10 Fahd

Fahd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Was hard to choose between Fable 2 and Fallout 3. I'm going with Fable 2, it looks amazing can't wait to play it :)

#11 Zushi

Zushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

For me, it's Rock Band 2. Seeing the setlist and knowing you can transfer the old songs got me really excited for it. It's only a few weeks away!

#12 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Fallout 3. I'm more excited about Netflix on the 360 though.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#13 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

I am excited about a lot, but I guess I am most excited about the Xbox Live Primetime games. The whole "new Xbox experience" in general is exciting but actually winning stuff is always a win in my book.

#14 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Fallout 3 looks sick. Can't wait to play that.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#15 AmanoUsagi

AmanoUsagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

I am most excited for Fable 2. Peter Molineux always gets me with that accent and how he always says his game is going to make you "piss pants" yourself.

Edited by AmanoUsagi, 31 July 2008 - 04:24 PM.

In the name of the moon.....

#16 chewster777

chewster777

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

I think it's gotta be either Rock Band 2. To this day I have never bought any of those guitar games and I'm glad I've waited it off, since the games/accessories get better and better. Being able to play most of the songs from the first is AWESOME.

#17 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

A game I got really excited for was Fable 2. I never knew anything about Fable prior to E3. After seeing the demos I am so pumped for the game and I even made a blog post about 15 must things to do in the Fable world

http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=1841

I seriously can't wait for this game.

#18 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Fallout 3 was way cool! I can't wait to try it out! The footage on X-Play looked fun! If it's nothing more than "Oblivion With Guns" I'm fine with that!!

#19 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

I am eagerly, and hesitantly, anticipating Fallout 3. Especially after the E3 trailer. I'm also ecstatic about Netflix on Xbox :)

#20 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Animal Crossing, yeah I'm disappointed in the game being the same AC with a new small city added but its still AC with a small new city added..

#21 Stalemem

Stalemem

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Blah, E3 personally. But if I had to choose, I'll say Fat princess sounded cool. Maybe Fable 2. Mirrors Edge looked good, but I have no intention of playing (not a First Person View kinda guy).

#22 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Fallout 3 looks the most promising. Although I wonder if it will have lots of bugs or at least uneven gameplay, maybe similar in some ways to the great, yet imperfect Mass Effect.

#23 rockinaway247

rockinaway247

The Hip Hop Hippo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

My favorite game at the show was either Fallout 3 or Mirror's Edge. I am stoked for both but if I had to choose one it would be Fallout 3.

#24 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Fallout 3, and I'm actually excited about the Netflix compatibility as well. I think my wife and I will get much use out of the Instant Watch feature!
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#25 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Rock Band 2 totally. the entire setlist, all the new features, the Ion set, everything is just shaping up to own my Fall.
Posted Image

#26 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

Fallout 3 and Fable 2.

#27 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Rockband 2 all the way - 84 songs and the ability to use RB1 downloadable content can't be beat.
Posted Image

#28 tomscab

tomscab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Probably Rockband 2 because they did everything they needed to to please the fans, RE5 looks pretty sweet too

#29 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, because I have been dying to see some gameplay of it. Also, along with NaB was the original Banjo being announced for Xbox Live Arcade.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#30 tigerthecat

tigerthecat

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

my favorite game of e3 would be gta for ds and rockband 2 cause it's freaking sweet. though watching the new vid on youtube from guitarherogames gh on tour is a blatin ripoff of rockband 2. exept there drums suck balls and in the video they said you could use your guitar as a keyboard? wtf? how the Fuck does that work? its a guitar not a piano
yo wats up?

:spam:
:imwithst:
Posted Imagerefer me to get free 360 games
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=255314