Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:58 AM

Kinda old..

#3 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:06 AM

Sounds like a good deal. I might do it.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#4 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:50 AM

Wow this is tempting... I have had great dealings with Gamefly so far!

#5 daminion

daminion

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

thanks

#6 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

Still not worth $20 in my book.
"Evil is Funs"

#7 zman73

zman73

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

One of the most retarded looking covers for a video game this generation
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#8 acecombat

acecombat

King of the Skies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

Sweet i will pick this up, thanks op.
Posted Image

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector... The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

#9 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:39 AM

Free Radical! I love you! Please break Ubisoft's kneecaps and let me play your game on the 360!

cagSig.png515886.png

#10 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

Really? I thought it looked cool.

What do you think is wrong with it?

And at $20 I'll grab it. I had it once before but couldn't justify the cost of it. $20 is absolutely worth it for the online co-op though.

#11 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

I played the demo and was completely unimpressed. With so many good FPSs already out and so many more coming soon, it kinda seems like a shame to spend any money on this.

#12 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

will probably pick it up when i can get it for $15 new. i didn't find the demo to be THAT bad, and i'm sure it's worth 15 bucks at least. i think it got bad review scores just cause it was so hyped up.

#13 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

This is one of those games that I "might" pick up in a 5 dollar clearance bin one day, and mainly just to have a spare ps3 bluray case.

#14 jonac13

jonac13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

No... it really was bad. I played it on my friend's PS3. and that game was horrible. This is not the 'redeeming game when it's cheap' like Timeshift was, or something like that. The plot is contrived, the level design is lazy, nobody plays multiplayer, the animation is bad, textures and shadows flash in and out... it's really just bad. If you MUST play it, please just rent it. Don't give Free Radical money for this game.
Posted Image

#15 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

I played the demo and was completely unimpressed. With so many good FPSs already out and so many more coming soon, it kinda seems like a shame to spend any money on this.

This is exactly how I feel about the game, you summed it up very well.

#16 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

almost tempted... i like to get the PS3 exclusive games... but still think $20 might be too much... heh.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#17 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

I decided to get it. It can't be THAT bad......can it......?

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#18 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

I couldn't agree more! Totally sucked.

I agree also with what other posters are saying; with a wealth of excellent FPSs available, I see no reason to spend any money on this game at all. I hated the demo. And honestly, the only reason I would buy it is for the sake of buying something, not because I felt it is a worthwhile purchase.
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#19 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

I'm waiting for $15, which should happen soon.
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#20 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

If it was $5.00 less and not from GF, I would bite. I cannot stand the crappy condition the disks come in.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#21 malakas

malakas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

I've gotten about 15 or so rentals from GF all in great shape... Rentals and purchases...

Honestly the demo showed a pretty, but standard FPS. If you are itching for an FPS minus the WWII time setting... it may just be up your alley.

#22 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

I'd wait for the next 20% off PS3 used games coupon, as you could get it for a few dollar more with tax and see your disc before picking it up.

$34.99 used goes down to $24.49 used, where you'd be paying $22.90 after S&H for non-members, tax paid in both cases.

And I've had nothing but crap discs from GF the times I've ordered, so I'm swearing off them for good for buying used games.

#23 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Most of the games I get from GF are in rough shape, but they all work, so I give them credit for pretty good quality control. It's been almost a year of buying and renting (2 at a time) from them without a lemon, which I have to admit was a bit of a surprise.

Anyway, I got a $5 coupon, plus my 5% off, which will almost negate the sales tax. I don't think I can pass this up, even with such bad reviews. $15 shipped is pretty good.

#24 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

If it was $5.00 less and not from GF, I would bite. I cannot stand the crappy condition the disks come in.

Really? All of the used PS3 games that have gone through my hands...be it from GS/GF/BBV, 99% look mint. I can't say that about 360/Wii/PS2/Xbox/GC games, but with the scratch resistant coating on the blu-ray, the PS3 disks rarely have anything but fingerprints.

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#25 shibaraski

shibaraski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

terrible game....

#26 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

terrible game....

Mind expanding a little bit? Did you just get terrible from the ratings you've seen or have you played it. Why are people too lazy to just explain themselves a little bit? Your post is as good as spam.

If I had $20 at the moment to spend, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat. Yea, it got bad reviews, but the demo was pretty good if you ask me. I'd mainly get it for co-op play with my friends, as not many FPS games have multiplayer modes anymore.

#27 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

No... it really was bad. I played it on my friend's PS3. and that game was horrible. This is not the 'redeeming game when it's cheap' like Timeshift was, or something like that. The plot is contrived, the level design is lazy, nobody plays multiplayer, the animation is bad, textures and shadows flash in and out... it's really just bad. If you MUST play it, please just rent it. Don't give Free Radical money for this game.

Thanks for this--you just saved me $20.

#28 B1GG1N

B1GG1N

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thanks OP. I picked it up for $15 shipped with my gamefly rewards (free shipping + 5% off + $5 off). I also have a buddy who owns it, so it should at least provide some co-op entertainment.
Posted Image

#29 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

I have yet to see a badly scratched ps3 game or blu ray, that teflon coating does wonders to prevent scratches.

sixteenvolt420.png

#30 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Look, everyone who says the game is bad might have some points. The game ain't worth 60, not ever. But we are talkin about 20 for a very good game (read: decent game)

It is totally worth it at this price, heck I rented the game passed it 4 times in 4 days, returned it, and am NOW buying it at 20. That says something about the game is a good FPS, but if you compare it to the like of CoD4 and Halo, its not up there in gameplay and online multiplayer, but what is tries to do it does. Stop bashing the game, if you dont like it fine, but explain your argument more than "its bad, I didn't like it" I've had loads of games that I read on this "deals" forums that people bash and say it bad, then I play it and buy it since I found it nice.

For 20$, you cant go wrong since at least it has 4-player coop. I'm getting it and if you get it, send me and invite to play coop. :)

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).