Photo
- - - - -

Purely Theoretical at this point - Evansville, IN area CAGs - Child's Play Dinner?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

This is just something I was talking over with my wife during dinner tonight.

My wife does professional catering for a living. She's a damn good cook and keeps me well fed.

I'm not sure why, but I thought it could be fun to do a charity dinner to raise money for Penny Arcade's Child's Play this year.

We're rather poor this year (who isn't?), so the per-plate cost would have to cover our most of costs and raise a nice profit at the same time.

I'm thinking, along with the tasty, tasty dinner, we could have games and fun as well, renting out some kind of large community center.

Of course, this is just all in theory at this time. Any thoughts? Would any one be interested?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#2 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:00 AM

I'll keep checking for the next couple of days, but I'm going to take the lack of replies/interest as a "No" at this point?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#3 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

I'd love to do this, work schedule permitting. I can't help but wonder about the lack of CAGs in our area though.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Pokémon X, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
WATCHING DNAngel, Saiyuki, Fullmetal Alchemist
READING Illusion

#4 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

It seems like there are a number of CAGs from the Evansville/Henderson/Owensboro Area. I know there's you, me and LinkTGF... I think there's a few others around (I've never met up with anyone though).

If we did it, I know I could possibly get a group of my friends interested. I might be able to convince the manager of the GameCrazy to run some hype - he's a great guy and this seems like something he'd like to get in on.

I'm glad to see there is *some* interest, at least. I'd like to do more than make a piddly little donation to CP this year and this sounds like it *could* be an idea. ;)

#5 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

Any ideas at all of local semi-celebs that we could possibly kidnap and use as a prop? ;)

#6 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

I wonder if Book Broker would be interested in helping with the promotion too. I've been a customer of theirs for years, and the guys there have been good to me for a long time.

(Yes, I know that can be taken out of context... I did catch one or two of the younger employees staring at my chest. ^^; )

In all seriousness, I'll help in any way I can, and I'll put in for vacation as soon as a date is set.

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion

#7 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Sailorneorune showed me this thread. I'd be interested depending upon costs.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#8 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hooray! I'm useful! :-D

Let's find more local CAGs to make this idea grow into something great.

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion

#9 squidhead442

squidhead442

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

Crap, is it too late for this? Let me know if I can help in any way. I don't have a whole lot of money, but can give time and effort!

I think I know of only one more E-Ville CAG. Let me look around and find him and I'll send him this way.
Posted Image

#10 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

I don't think there have been any developments either way recently. Of course, I could be wrong. I'm still interested, as it would be for a good cause and I'm pretty sure that I'll have some more vacation time to burn - the pressure's on at the end of every month, so I'm practically living at work once every 4 weeks.

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion