Toys R Us Ad 8/10-8/16

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Note: The Nintendo Wii, Mario Kart, & Wii Fit are all not in the ad for that week.
Note: This is the last week of the 20% off clearance sale. There is a chance it may or may not get extended. Whether or not this will happen is unknown to me at the time.
Note: The Passport to Savings coupon booklet will start being valid on Friday.

Purchase any version of Madden 09 and receive both a 6" Favre McFarlane figure and a $10 giftcard for a future purchase. The giftcard expires on 9/30/08. The promotion was you only got the figure when you pre-ordered Madden, but was changed to you get it on purchase regardless of preordering or not.

Madden 09 PS3 & XB360 - 59.99
Madden 09 Wii - 49.99
Madden 09 PS2/PSP - 39.99
Madden 09 NDS - 29.99

Limited Edition Metallic Blue PSP Entertainment Pack - 199.99
Contents: http://blog.us.plays...rtainment-pack/
------------------
PS3 40GB System - 399.99
PS2 System - 129.99
Xbox 360 Pro Console(20 GB version) - 299.99
-------------------
Rock Band Special Edition PS2 - 99.99
Rock Band Special Edition Wii - 169.99

I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Edited by VashandWolfwood, 06 August 2008 - 10:20 PM.
gift card details

#2 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Any mention of the madden special edition for the ps3? I want to use the 20% off coupon with that and get the $10 gift card.

#3 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

No mention of the Special Edition for Madden for any system, sorry.

#4 oni-link

oni-link

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

what 20% coupon?

#5 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:23 AM

There's a coupon book you get at Toys R Us when you purchase anything. Starts on the 15th, runs till the 25th or something, and each week has a 20% off any item coupon(Usual TRU exclusions apply).

#6 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:34 AM

Limited Edition Metallic Blue PSP Entertainment Pack - 199.99

Is there a picture John Madden's head on the battery cover?

:pray::pray::pray:

#7 New Jack

New Jack

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

what 20% coupon?

go to this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=191436

and look at the final post.

#8 okitax

okitax

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

The coupon's aren't good with game hardware, you wouldn't be able to use it on the systems. It's in the fine print on it. Games and accessories are fine though.

#9 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

Is there a picture John Madden's head on the battery cover?

:pray::pray::pray:

It is just blue, there is no picture on the back.

Amazon has a pictures of the back of the PSP.

http://www.amazon.co...18092841&sr=8-1

#10 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

Any mention of the madden special edition for the ps3? I want to use the 20% off coupon with that and get the $10 gift card.

My store got the display cases for the special editions the other day for the 360 and PS3. We have also been getting in copies of Madden for various systems. If I see any special editions come in, I will post. Stores may just be recieving limited quantities also. I remember the last couple years, my store recieved no more than 5 total of each SE.

#11 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Purchase any version of Madden 09 and receive both a 6" Favre McFarlane figure and a $10 giftcard for a future purchase. The giftcard expires on 9/30/08. The promotion was you only got the figure when you pre-ordered Madden, but was changed to you get it on purchase regardless of preordering or not.

Was glad to see this. We got 6 cases of the Favre figures and I can count the number of pre orders with one hand for all systems.

#12 Jagged Toaster

Jagged Toaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'll be going in today or tomorrow to preorder Madden. I normally wouldn't, but I want to stop in to get the coupon book for the 20% off. So for only $52.20, I get Madden 09, a Brett Favre figure, and a $10 gift card. $80 value. Woo. Now I just need to find something to use my giftcard with before the end of September...

EDIT: Rock Band 2!

#13 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

I called 2 stores for the LE editions and both said they are not in the system. I'm a little disappointed by that.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#14 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

I'll be going in today or tomorrow to preorder Madden. I normally wouldn't, but I want to stop in to get the coupon book for the 20% off. So for only $52.20, I get Madden 09, a Brett Favre figure, and a $10 gift card. $80 value. Woo. Now I just need to find something to use my giftcard with before the end of September...

You can buy a $10 gift card with the card you get from madden. This way, you will have a gift card that does not have an expiration date.

#15 Jagged Toaster

Jagged Toaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

You can buy a $10 gift card with the card you get from madden. This way, you will have a gift card that does not have an expiration date.

Wow, I never would've thought of that. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to feel funny buying a gift card with a gift card though..

#16 dipset121

dipset121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

any links to this deal on madden or a ad scan anything?

#17 dipset121

dipset121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

Its my understanding you only get the giftcard and farve on the day it releases

#18 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

I really hope they get the CE in. It's on the website so I assumed they would but now I'm worried.

#19 Destructor

Destructor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

Was wondering, heh I'm about to sound crazy cheap but you can return the Madden Game and still keep the action figure plus 10 dollar gift card?

#20 dipset121

dipset121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

can you stack toys r us coupons??? All the signs point to yes you can......any confirmation on this???

#21 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

can you stack toys r us coupons??? All the signs point to yes you can......any confirmation on this???

They can. Some cashier's won't let you though, so be advised of that.

#22 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

They can. Some cashier's won't let you though, so be advised of that.

Yeah. Early this year they denied accepting two (different) manufacturer coupons for two different Disney blu-ray's in the same transaction. They said they would only take 1 per transaction. But since it's a B2G1 deal, no point in ringing them up separately so I let them slide.

#23 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

Was wondering, heh I'm about to sound crazy cheap but you can return the Madden Game and still keep the action figure plus 10 dollar gift card?

The system will knock 10 dollars off you game, and then charge you for a 10 dollar giftcard, just so you can't return the game and get a free gift card.

AND

The Favre McFarlane + Giftcard promotion runs the entire week. Looked at the sign for it today.
Posted Image

#24 MAggOT

MAggOT

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:50 PM

One of the few times working at TRU has worked out for me. I'll be sure to look for those coupon books next time I work. Wonder if my 10% stacks with the 20% and my $3 off BDay coupon. And if it doesn't, if a manager would be needed to make it go through.

#25 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

One of the few times working at TRU has worked out for me. I'll be sure to look for those coupon books next time I work. Wonder if my 10% stacks with the 20% and my $3 off BDay coupon. And if it doesn't, if a manager would be needed to make it go through.

I've used my discount before on other coupons, had no problem.

#26 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

The system will knock 10 dollars off you game, and then charge you for a 10 dollar giftcard, just so you can't return the game and get a free gift card.

AND

The Favre McFarlane + Giftcard promotion runs the entire week. Looked at the sign for it today.

None of the purchases I've made in the years that I have worked that involved free gift cards have taken the price off of the game. You might want to check the receipt after you do a transaction.

#27 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

I've used my discount before on other coupons, had no problem.

There really is no limit to how many coupons you can stack. I've even done it myself. As long as the SKN #'s for all the coupons you are using are different and they are within the $$ limits, they will all go through. Like I said, it just depends on the cashier.

#28 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

Yeah. Early this year they denied accepting two (different) manufacturer coupons for two different Disney blu-ray's in the same transaction. They said they would only take 1 per transaction. But since it's a B2G1 deal, no point in ringing them up separately so I let them slide.

You sure it wasn't the B1G1? Maybe why they only took the 1 coupon. That was a great sale, $10 after using the coupons for both movies.

#29 Jagged Toaster

Jagged Toaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

I stopped in just now to preorder the new Elmo toy, since I figure it will be HUGE over the holidays. Even if not, the thing is freakin cool.

I also picked up the coupon book, which I'm hoping will stack with the $10 GC and Brett Favre figurine on Tuesday.

#30 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

I stopped in just now to preorder the new Elmo toy, since I figure it will be HUGE over the holidays. Even if not, the thing is freakin cool.

I also picked up the coupon book, which I'm hoping will stack with the $10 GC and Brett Favre figurine on Tuesday.

Remember, the coupon starts on the 15th, will not work on Tuesday.