Photo
- - - - -

How will Team USA (men's basketball) do in the Olympics?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: How will Team USA (men's basketball) do?

How will Team USA (men's basketball) do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

How will Team USA (men's basketball) do?

#2 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

They should woop ass but competition is better...

1080i is for douchebags

#3 Wlogan31

Wlogan31

Economic Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

I voted Bronze because they still play a style of basketball (American - all isolation) that does not work well in International play w/ International rules.

The International game is so much more beautiful...that being said, I hope they bring home the Gold (and it truly is embarrassing when they lose due to having the 5-6 best players in the world on one team).

Buy/Sell/Trade - Come on Down!: http://www.cheapassg...014#post1554014

PS3 Trophies

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Resident Evil 5   :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

#4 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

WE'RE GONNA WIN IT ALL!

I think.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#5 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

I say the gold this time around. If Coach K can't get Team USA to Gold, no one can.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#6 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

I voted Bronze because they still play a style of basketball (American - all isolation) that does not work well in International play w/ International rules.

The International game is so much more beautiful...that being said, I hope they bring home the Gold (and it truly is embarrassing when they lose due to having the 5-6 best players in the world on one team).

Another big factor is that many of those other teams practice/play as a team a lot over many years.

I think we have a good chance at gold but likewise I wouldn't be shocked if we fall short. Of course given recent results I doubt anyone would be shocked. Not making it out of prelims would be shocking, though.

#7 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

Ill say silver or bronze

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#8 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

I'm really thinking gold this year. The core group of players played for about 2 years together. Not only that, but I think this group won't be rediculously over-confident, as other groups were going in (not only that, I'm not sure that the U.S. has the target on their back as much as they did previously).

I'm thinking gold, and even with increased competition, anything other than gold would be a bit disappointing.

#9 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Im gonna say gold. The usa team is playing like a team and not like a bunch of superstars thrown together. I think that they need to play a lil more defense other wise they should win gold

#10 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

We'll medal but I have a hard time seeing us come up with gold
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#11 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

I hope we win it but we are being super overconfident. We have had a ton of our flaws shown during the exhibition games. I hope we win it all though.

#12 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

Who ever voted No medal + won't even get out of the preliminaries, has no concept of basketball.

#13 tehweezner

tehweezner

Mother Leopard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

Gold. these guys seem to be intent on winning and making up for the embarassment of the past games. as long as they play as a team it's in the bag

#14 xcoax

xcoax

Friendly Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

The Russia and Australia games got me a little nervous, but I'm still thinking they were holding back since these don't count. I think once the 10th rolls around they'll be way more focused.

I personally don't see how any team with Kobe, LeBron, and Dwayne Wade actually functioning as a team and not a bunch of ball hogging superstars could possibly be bad. It was actually weird seeing Kobe pass a ball for once.
Posted Image

#15 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

The Russia and Australia games got me a little nervous, but I'm still thinking they were holding back since these don't count. I think once the 10th rolls around they'll be way more focused.

I personally don't see how any team with Kobe, LeBron, and Dwayne Wade actually functioning as a team and not a bunch of ball hogging superstars could possibly be bad. It was actually weird seeing Kobe pass a ball for once.

How can you forget Chris Paul. He is just as good.

#16 2Fast

2Fast

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

No Allen Iverson at point (and at all) = gold.

#17 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

Gold.

#18 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Silver or Gold. Bronze = embarrassment.

#19 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

They are going to take the top spot.

#20 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Nice 2Fast I'll agree on that one, with no AI we can go all the way!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#21 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:51 AM

Who exactly is on the team? Can someone please provide a list/link?

(Not a big basketball fan, but curious.)
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#22 MadChedar0

MadChedar0

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

http://sports.espn.g...SA-Roster-Page1

Voted 4 Gold.

#23 xcoax

xcoax

Friendly Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

How can you forget Chris Paul. He is just as good.

Oh yeah man, I'm a big Chris Paul fan. I was just going by the household names. The only person I don't see fitting on the team would be Carlos Boozer, but that's just me. I'd take Kevin Garnett over him anyday but it's too bad he wasn't interested in playing.
Posted Image

#24 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

I say the gold this time around. If Coach K can't get Team USA to Gold, no one can.

Glad I was right about this. Good job Team USA! :applause:

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#25 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:30 AM

I watched or DVRed every game and had a blast watching them. Lebron comes off looking really good out of the whole thing to me. Also Teshaun Prince = ultimate team player.

#26 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:47 AM

Oh yeah man, I'm a big Chris Paul fan. I was just going by the household names. The only person I don't see fitting on the team would be Carlos Boozer, but that's just me. I'd take Kevin Garnett over him anyday but it's too bad he wasn't interested in playing.

Speaking of KG not wanting to play. I say if you're one of the NBA's elite players you HAVE to play in the Olympics. They shouldn't even have to ask it should be a necessary part of every NBA Players contract. If they pick you, you have to play regardless.

#27 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

I'm guessing gold. Just call it a hunch.

#28 xcoax

xcoax

Friendly Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

Speaking of KG not wanting to play. I say if you're one of the NBA's elite players you HAVE to play in the Olympics. They shouldn't even have to ask it should be a necessary part of every NBA Players contract. If they pick you, you have to play regardless.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, there's a huge difference between a motivated, team player Kobe and the Kobe you see play for the Lakers who never passes the ball.

Overall I really enjoyed all the games I got to see. Unfortunately I missed the gold medal game thanks to mixing up A.M. and P.M. Dwyane Wade really impressed the hell out of me with some of the stuff he did.
Posted Image

#29 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

Yeah I gotta disagree with this as well. If somebody doesn't want to be a part of the Olympics then they shouldn't force it on them. This team was great to watch because it actually seemed like they cared.

#30 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

It just show just shows what kind of NBA stars they are. If they are not getting paid to play most rather not do it. Everything to Athletes now a days revolves around money. This is why we haven't won gold in the past couple of Olmypics.