• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 jeffreyjrose

jeffreyjrose

Sporadic Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

Well CAG,

I've had a fun run around this site, posting deals, chatting about useless info, and buying deals (most notably the CC $5 game deal). Yet, I've found that this site isn't what it used to be. When it was younger, there were more useful posts, a greater contribution to member ratio, and an overall better experience. I enjoyed it a lot, the reason I made over 1000 posts. Trading was also a great pleasure, because I could always get rid of games that I beat and find something I wanted to play.

But I don't find that anymore, so I am going to refrain from posting for a few months. I'll watch the site occasionally to see what's up, yet I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Take care CAG community, it's been fun while it lasted.

Over and out,
Jeff

#2 TomCloud9

TomCloud9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

Take care man, check back soon Cheapy said he is going to clean house after New Years.

#3 6669

Inactive User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

Well CAG,

I've had a fun run around this site, posting deals, chatting about useless info, and buying deals (most notably the CC $5 game deal). Yet, I've found that this site isn't what it used to be. When it was younger, there were more useful posts, a greater contribution to member ratio, and an overall better experience. I enjoyed it a lot, the reason I made over 1000 posts. Trading was also a great pleasure, because I could always get rid of games that I beat and find something I wanted to play.

But I don't find that anymore, so I am going to refrain from posting for a few months. I'll watch the site occasionally to see what's up, yet I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Take care CAG community, it's been fun while it lasted.

Over and out,
Jeff

I may be right behind you.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Free Magazines! | thanx CAGs! | MySpace

You that have that devil infactuation should really find a hobby or somethin?!?

#4 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

Great. Another lurker. :wink: Have fun doing whatever.

#5 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:04 PM

Well Goodbye.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#6 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:06 PM

Goodbye.

#7 kaji7p56

kaji7p56

Mockumentarian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:07 PM

It won't be the same without you.

Oh wait, yes it will!

#8 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:08 PM

i'm surprised within the first 3 posts after his inital post that someone didn't criticize him or put him down. That is a main reason why he is leaving and gives alot of long time members bad feelings these days.

#9 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

i'm surprised within the first 3 posts after his inital post that someone didn't criticize him or put him down. That is a main reason why he is leaving and gives alot of long time members bad feelings these days.

Im gonna go jump off of a bridge now. :D

#10 spyhunterk19

spyhunterk19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

Note the "Official Drama Queen CAG" mushroom in your sig.

I have a hard time believing you.

As to the OP, I'm new here (Relativly) So I guess I'll never miss the Good ol' days.

#11 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

Yeah me too :P

#12 6669

Inactive User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

As to the OP, I'm new here (Relativly) So I guess I'll never miss the Good ol' days.

One of the many reasons I dont like posting here anymore is because after every post I make, someone has to make some stupid comment about everything I post, like you just did.

#13 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:19 PM

Yeah me too :P

Sweet. But I would probably bitch out.

#14 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:25 PM

One of the many reasons I dont like posting here anymore is because after every post I make, someone has to make some stupid comment about everything I post, like you just did.

Well +1 stupid comment. That's kind of how things work, people make comments because they want to let you know that they read your post, some of them are dumb because they can't think of anything better to say.

#15 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:26 PM

She's a witch!
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#16 6669

Inactive User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:29 PM

Well +1 stupid comment. That's kind of how things work, people make comments because they want to let you know that they read your post, some of them are dumb because they can't think of anything better to say.

Its the rude, stupid comments that bother me. Your comment wasn't rude, but saying something like "I have a hard time believing you" is the kind of crap that makes me want to stop posting here. And if/when I do leave, I'll try not to throw a hissy fit when I do.

http://www.cheapassg...ghlight=#663453

#17 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Its the rude, stupid comments that bother me. Your comment wasn't rude, but saying something like "I have a hard time believing you" is the kind of crap that makes me want to stop posting here. And if/when I do leave, I'll try not to throw a hissy fit when I do.

I see well perhaps you should consider a new screen name? I think you might just be getting flack for being a well known female anyhow I'm not going to hijack this thread anymore but if you do leave you will be missed by a number of people.

#18 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:35 PM

for those jumping off the bridge, do you think i could have your games first? :wink:

#19 smalien1

smalien1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

Is this because I said you would want Guys Gone Wild?
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/pinthesink]Posted Image
[/URL]

#20 sisco1986

sisco1986

The Sleeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

I don't see why users need to bring to attention that there leaving the community because "The Community isn't what it used to be". It's like your crying for attention. We all know that there are asshole users in the community, there in EVERY community. It's a message board, I don't understand why you let people get to you, who cares if someone is a smart ass ignore them since 1 week from now you wont remember what the ass hat said. Message boards grow, that's what happens when it becomes popular and yes it attracts immature users, that's life. Put your ego in the back seat and ignore them. Report to the admins of the asses, let them do there work and carry on. I'm sorry if I come off harsh, but come on at the end of the day it's just a message board..
If life give you lemons; cut the tree.

#21 soulyogurt

soulyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:56 PM

That reminds me... we are approaching the time of the first big CC sale last year... were there any warnings that time, and are we getting any now for an upcoming CC $5 sale?

As to the OP... ah, never mind... I'll just stick to the OT comment.
Posted Image
www.entertainingart.com
www.thearcsolano.orgPosted Image

#22 evilmax17

evilmax17

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

You know, whenever I see you post, half of the time its you saying "I'm gonna leave! I'm gonna leave!", so just go already. Honestly, it just looks like you're starved for attention, and that you're begging for people to say "NO! PLEASE! DON'T GO!". Just give it up already.

-On the site changing-
There hasn't been any stellar deals lately, and when they DO come around, there's more CAGers to jump on them. So I would agree that this site isn't as exciting as it once was. And it does seem that there are more pointless threads than valuable ones, but I suppose that's what happens when a site grows older.

We once had a small, yet very tight-knit community that would always help eachother out and report whatever they had found. I always felt that I did whatever I could by traversing all of the stores in my state during the big sales, and reporting my findings for other MA CAGers that may be reading. I think it would be accurate to say that this site used to be more about adventure than it now is. It seems that nowadays the people who get there first buy everything, and then trade/sell in the CAG trading forum. C'est la vie, I guess.

Cya Jeff, I don't think you ever pissed me off, so I wish you well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 FeuerFrei

FeuerFrei

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:03 AM

I love this community. Sure, I've only been here a short time, but it's been enjoyable. I barely know anyone here, but I hate to see people leave. I've seen most of you around here alot because your active posters, but that's as far as my knowledge of you goes. I did briefly "chat" with 6669 and some others in the psuedo "CAG chatroom". I can kinda see were you're coming from OP. I noticed a post yesterday in which you were contributing a deal and were somewhat flamed for it. If you do decide to leave, best of luck to you. :)

#24 rajchakrabarti

rajchakrabarti

Your Soul is Mine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:03 AM

I don't see why users need to bring to attention that there leaving the community because "The Community isn't what it used to be". It's like your crying for attention. We all know that there are asshole users in the community, there in EVERY community. It's a message board, I don't understand why you let people get to you, who cares if someone is a smart ass ignore them since 1 week from now you wont remember what the ass hat said. Message boards grow, that's what happens when it becomes popular and yes it attracts immature users, that's life. Put your ego in the back seat and ignore them. Report to the admins of the asses, let them do there work and carry on. I'm sorry if I come off harsh, but come on at the end of the day it's just a message board..

well put
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

Posted Image

my collection : http://users.ign.com.../rajchakrabarti

#25 daria19

daria19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:10 AM

agreed and well put.

#26 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

Tiger Driver 91!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:11 AM

Take care man.

David Post
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2

#27 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:13 AM

I think we need a moratorium on "I'm leaving forever!" posts. If you find it so intolerable to be here then simply leave. There's very very few people, mainly tech supporters and a few serial deal posters, who have any tangible impact on the site where it would warrant noting that they're leaving, so what's the point, other than to bask in all the attention these things get?
Posted Image

#28 TheRaven

TheRaven

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:24 AM

I always find it funny when people complain about the amount of pointless threads, yet they are likely ones to be found hanging around in the OTT's or similar topics. I generally ignore all of those types of topics, concentrate on the deals and still enjoy this site.

Also, I get tired of hearing about the good ol days crap. This site has been around for about a year and a half. A lot of the people complaining joined just this year. Not enough time has passed to look back on the good ol days of the site yet.

This is a great site. If you want to leave, feel free. Or maybe the problem just isn't with the site, but how you choose to participate in it. You get what you put into it. That's from my experience anyways.

Edit: BTW, that is not at all just aimed at the OP. I don't really know who that person is, it's just a statement made in general.
Playing: Rainbow Six: Vegas, FFXII & Phoenix Wright

#29 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:42 AM

I don't think anything can really be added to this thread (these threads) at this point so I am going to lock it.

The site is growing. More people means more of everything, including assholes.
We do our best to weed them out, but its really just a matter of numbers at this point.

I will continue to increase the banning of people that I believe to be detracting to overall quality of the site. Of course, this will never be a true fix and this is something that EVERY big message board has to deal with.