Photo
- - - - -

Amazon: All PS3 Gold Box Event on Wednesday

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#1 creatia

creatia

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

All day today, PlayStation 3 items will be featured in the Amazon.com Gold Box. The identities of each deal will be revealed one at a time.

Here's how it will work:

• At 12:01 AM PST the first deal will be the Gold Box Deal of the Day. Its special discounted price will be available all day only on Wednesday, August 27 (or until we run out.)
  • Starting at 6:00 AM PST, the second deal will be featured as a Lightning Deal.
  • Each of the remaining deals will also be Lightning Deals that follow at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, and 6:00 PM PST.
  • Discounts on each deal will be available only while supplies last.
  • Learn more about Gold Box Deals in our Help section.

Additionally, Amazon's Deal of the Day is
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3) for $22.99

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000266851

According to lightningdeals.com the deals will be:

6AM PDT Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII

10AM PDT Playstation 3 Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel

12PM PDT Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

2PM PDT Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

4PM PDT Devil May Cry 4

6PM PDT Haze

Edited by shipwreck, 27 August 2008 - 12:14 PM.
adding the deals

#2 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

Exciting...but my wife will kill me as I just bought 6 games with the TRU B1G1 deal.
Decisions, decisions....

#3 furyk

furyk

Captain of the Handheld

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hoping for a cheap Resistance or a cheap Hot Shots Golf. A Dual Shock 3 deal would be awesome too.

#4 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

damn...i have 2 jobs starting that day.

#5 spencermsh

spencermsh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Dang. I already bought/got a bunch of games from the Gamestop 25% of coupon...We'll have to see what they have on Wed.

#6 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm expecting a lot of ass. I really don't feel like staying up all night in order to get a deal.

#7 creatia

creatia

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm expecting a lot of ass. I really don't feel like staying up all night in order to get a deal.

Most of the deals happen throughout the day except the first one, which is posted at night. But I suppose ass is ass regardless of the time.

#8 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

There will be some good games available, but games like Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted will probably be $30 in a few months anyway.

#9 Orion_of_Chaos

Orion_of_Chaos

Aye aye, Seaguy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

Having missed out on Hot Shots Golf when it was DotD, I'm hoping that's one of these deals. Anything under $30 and I'm sold.
Posted Image

#10 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Please bring back Hot Shots Golf OoB for $30 or even cheaper.

#11 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

I bet two of the items are that Nyko remote they keep pushing and an HDMI cord. Another one could possibly be that Guitar Hero guitar they had on there a couple weeks ago. I'm going to lol when there is only one game actually part of the deals.

#12 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

How about a little positivity here, huh people?

#13 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

For those who fear staying up all night, Amazon being on the west coast the first deal is 6 AM for them but a much more reasonable 9 am for us....

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#14 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Do you regularly watch the gold box? They put the same stuff on there all the time. During technology day they had a PS3 deal which was an HDMI cord, they have had the Nyko remote on there at least twice as the PS3 deal, and the R6V2 Collector's Edition has been on there 4 times between PS3 and 360. I guess it would be one more chance to pick that game up assuming its one of the deals.

#15 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

cool I'll be on the look out.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#16 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

I'm generally a negative person, especially when it comes to gold box deals for the PS3. I've only bit on one PS3 gold box deal and it turned out to be less then a deal when the standard price dropped a week later.

I'm just glad for Amazons price drop match guarantee.

#17 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

Having missed out on Hot Shots Golf when it was DotD, I'm hoping that's one of these deals. Anything under $30 and I'm sold.

Same here on both counts.

Make sure to check the LightningDeals.com website late on Tuesday night for an idea of what they'll be.

#18 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

I hope they have something good. I wouldn't mind getting a cheap DS3, but I hope most of the deals are for games.

#19 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

Same here on both counts.

Make sure to check the LightningDeals.com website late on Tuesday night for an idea of what they'll be.

Same here, I really hope Hot Shots is the DotD for $26 again.

Watch, it'll be $35.99 just to annoy those of us who missed out on the great deal... (Which while still a great price is nowhere near as good of a deal)

#20 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

I checked Amazon to see if they carry PSN cards, they are listed but only available from a MP seller ($20 card for $40 lol). Bummer, all I really want on PS3 right now is on PSN. I'd pickup Folklore for $20 but I'm too lazy to keep checking in through out the day.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

I'd consider Hot Shots if it was part of this deal. Not really looking for more games though, my backlog is huge and there's gonna be a million awesome games released in fall. I needa restrain myself.

#22 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Dualshock 3 for cheap, or guitar hero w/ guitar for $50 or less is about all i'd pick up at this point. I have almost everything that is currently out for the ps3 that i want.

sixteenvolt420.png

#23 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

Come on R&C at $30!
Posted Image

#24 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

I want Heavenly Sword for cheap.

#25 iggypop123

iggypop123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

uncharted please. now that it has trophies the price wont go down from 59.99

#26 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

Is Rainbow Six Vegas 2 any good? I passed on it when it was DotD last time, but if it pops up again for $30 or less I'll be debating it.

#27 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Is Rainbow Six Vegas 2 any good? I passed on it when it was DotD last time, but if it pops up again for $30 or less I'll be debating it.

I personally enjoyed it.

sixteenvolt420.png

#28 goatindaruffness

goatindaruffness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

I'll go Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank < $30
Dual Shock for 30-35...
-Goatman

"I Have A Trig Midterm Tomorrow And I'm Being Chased By GUIDO THE KILLER PIMP!!"
"WE GOT BUSH!!!"

#29 bcgameguide

bcgameguide

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

I am hoping for Dualshock 3 discount or Burnout Paradise. I know Burnout is $30, but cheaper would be better.

I think a pre-order deal on Little Big Planet would be asking a bit too much, but we are all wishing right now, right?

Perhaps AMAZON should read these threads!!! LOOK OVER HERE! FREE MARKET RESEARCH, AMAZON!

#30 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

The Nintendo-Gold Box Day was an epic failure, imo. Prices were all still about 30% too high for me, so I'm not expecting much. Certainly not looking forward to starting another day of crap deals by getting up at 6 AM again. :(

Probably won't be happy unless they drop a number $59.99 titles to ~$25.99.