CAG Madden League

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

Welcome to the NFC Conference of the CAG Madden 09 League! This thread is mainly for team owners. It is a continuation of the old league thread that never seemed to get off the ground. If you're looking for the AFC thread, primetime is putting that one together.

The League Ownership Roster is as follows: LEAGUE CLOSED TO NEW OWNERS

CAG ID – TEAM - PSN ID - TIME ZONE – REGISTERED?
Posted Image1.
Posted Image2.
Posted Image3.
Posted Image4. Lexian - Cowboys - PeeKAY53 - ??? - YES
Posted Image5.
Posted Image6. Thomas96 – Vikings – Thomaticus - EST - YES
Posted Image7. PapiCjullo - Panthers - PapiChullo - ??? - YES
Posted Image8. CD6405 - Cardinals - CD6405 - EST - Yes
Posted Image9.
Posted Image10. Dr. Strangepork - Saints - ChizelMonkee - CST - YES
Posted Image11. n/a - 49ers - Captainghost - ??? - YES
Posted Image12. pinoyunggoy - Giants - bassek - PST - YES
Posted Image13. Bhay99 – Redskins - Bhay99 - ??? - YES
Posted Image14.
Posted Image15. metrognome - Falcons - Metrognome - YES
Posted Image16. m_d_amore - Bucs - mdam0re - ??? - YES

Most of the categories above should be self-explanatory. The REGISTERED? category simply means that I've confirmed that you are registered in the league by checking through the Madden game itself.

WHAT DO YOU, AS AN OWNER, NEED TO DO?
1) Check you CAG PM and PSN mailbox for league name and password. If you didn't get it from me via PSN it is probably b/c you haven't added me as a friend. Look for my friend request and say "yes." I won't bite!

2) Register for the league. Please do so ASAP. I'll see how the initial registrations go but if you don't register "soon" I'll probably give your space away after contacting you one last time.

3) Play games and have fun!:lol: SPECIAL NOTE: The league has started! You don't need to wait for the league to be full to start playing games. As long as you can find the other owners who have signed up you can play them. START PLAYING NOW!!

4) We've set up a league night to play so that there is a common time that you can exepct people to be on.
CAG NFC GAME NIGHT

Tuesdays @ 10:30pm ET (9:30CT, 8:30MT, 7:30PT)

Join one of the private lobbies to see who is online: Lobby name: CAG NFC Password: CAG

INTERESTED IN JOINING THE LEAGUE?
As of this writing there are teams available. You can claim a team by posting in this tread. Claims are first-come-first-served. If any of the original owners above relinquish their team, you'll see an adjustment to the owner roster and thread title saying so. We'd love to have you. (Check the AFC thread too in case there are openings there too).

Thanks for everyone's patience in getting this up in running. Look for future posts about league settings etc.

Thanks

Dr. Strangepork/ ChizelMonkee
NFC Commissioner (boy aren't I important!:applause:)

Edited by Dr. Strangepork, 07 December 2008 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

Here are the League Settings that primetime (AFC Commissioner) and I agreed on. There was some disagreement on the old thread about a few things, but we tried to reach agreement so we go move forward with the league.

For the "NFC CAG" League:

League Name: NFC CAG
Abbreviation: NFCCG
Max Users: 16
Games: 1
Max DNF%: ANY
Unique Rosters: Yes
Enable Draft: No
Trades: Restricted
Playoff: Yes
Quarter Length: 5 minutes
Skill Level: All-Pro
Fatigue: Yes
Injuries: Yes
Random Weather: Yes

If you have any questions about what these settings mean, let me know. I'll do my best to answer.
Posted Image

#3 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

If I remember correctly Sprintfinanceguy said he did not have the game yet and gave up the giants, he did so in the last madden thread.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#4 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

If I remember correctly Sprintfinanceguy said he did not have the game yet and gave up the giants, he did so in the last madden thread.

Good catch. I missed that when I was reviewing the messages. The owner's list is updated.
Posted Image

#5 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

I have requested the Falcons. hit me up ASAP

#6 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

I have requested the Falcons. hit me up ASAP

Done. I saw you claimed them on the old post. Sorry I missed it.

Welcome the the NFC!
Posted Image

#7 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

Has there been any discussion on establishing a weekly night to get together for games? It would be cool to set up a Private room called NFC CAG for people to meet up and chat while waiting for their week's opponent. Obviously we would try to find a median night/time that would work for a majority, and anyone who can't make that night can just work that out with their opponent. It would also be cool so any people who wanted to play more could run some exhibitions with other league members. We could also extend this to the AFC CAGs.

Another thing that might be cool is for people to save their good highlights after their games and post them in this thread to build some good community around the league.

Just some ideas while we wait for everybody to get registered...

#8 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

I'm in EST not CST

I did join the league, so I'm in. So the winner from the NFC CAG league will play the winner from the AFC cag league?
Posted Image

#9 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

I'm in EST not CST

I did join the league, so I'm in. So the winner from the NFC CAG league will play the winner from the AFC cag league?

Made the change to EST on the owner's roster.

That right, primetime is running the AFC. Once each league/conference champion is settled, they will play in the Super Bowl. Frankly, I'm not sure what playoff format Madden uses for its online leagues. There were no settings other than "Playoffs Y/N." It could be a 4 team playoff, it could be 8 teams, it could be 16, it could have wild cards. Who knows? It wasn't in the skimpy manual that came with the game. :D
Posted Image

#10 0x3g3n

0x3g3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

I am in :D.. now to go play more madden to get better..

#11 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Made the change to EST on the owner's roster.

That right, primetime is running the AFC. Once each league/conference champion is settled, they will play in the Super Bowl. Frankly, I'm not sure what playoff format Madden uses for its online leagues. There were no settings other than "Playoffs Y/N." It could be a 4 team playoff, it could be 8 teams, it could be 16, it could have wild cards. Who knows? It wasn't in the skimpy manual that came with the game. :D

shame how they take most of the information away from the manual and throw it in the 14.99 guide.
Posted Image

#12 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

I've had a few questions along the lines of "when do we start?"

The league has started! You don't need to wait for the league to be full to start playing games. As long as you can find the other owners who have signed up you can play them. START PLAYING NOW!!

The other owners are being added all the time. As of this writing there are 4-5 owners signed up so everyone has 3-4 games they could be playing now!!

Get going, talk smack, and have fun!
Posted Image

#13 Bhay99

Bhay99

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

nice job getting this started up...now on to the games!
Posted Image

#14 0x3g3n

0x3g3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

my first game being played.. and im losing :(

#15 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

ehh, i don't like playing with a 4-3 defense, but since the dolphins are the only ones left in the AFC and the other 3-4 teams are all taken, i suppose i could deal with being the giants, as much as i hate she-li. think i can get in on this dr. strangepork?

#16 0x3g3n

0x3g3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:51 AM

gg bhay99 :x

#17 Bhay99

Bhay99

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:55 AM

gg bhay99 :x

ya real gg...very close
Posted Image

#18 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

I'll take the Giants if I can swap my 360 version of the game for the PS3 version. When do you plan on starting this?

#19 0x3g3n

0x3g3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

ya real gg...very close

That last interception killed me, along with the blocked punt for a safety :(

#20 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:04 AM

I'll be on around 11pm EST if anybody who's joined wants to get in a league game...

send me a message on PSN if anybody wants to play.

#21 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:30 AM

ehh, i don't like playing with a 4-3 defense, but since the dolphins are the only ones left in the AFC and the other 3-4 teams are all taken, i suppose i could deal with being the giants, as much as i hate she-li. think i can get in on this dr. strangepork?

Press square at the team select screen to change PBs.
Posted Image

#22 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

Press square at the team select screen to change PBs.

yeah i know but the personnel isn't matched for it. i usually only play with the chargers (obviously) steelers cowboys and browns when playing madden, since they run 3-4 and have the personnel to do it. messing with it and making a 4-3 team into a 3-4 team messes everything up, esp if they don't have good OLBs and a good second MLB.

oh btw dr strangelove i'm PST for my time zone.

#23 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

Ok, you're in for the Giants! Welcome! Check your PM.

Owner's roster updated.
Posted Image

#24 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

I'll take the Giants if I can swap my 360 version of the game for the PS3 version. When do you plan on starting this?

The Giants were claimed a few posts earlier. Is there another team you'd like? The 49ers and Bucs are available right now. Others *may* become available (or not).

"When do you plan on starting?"

It has already started but you can easily catch up. I think only one games has been played so far. See earlier posts for an explanation of how the scheduling works.
Posted Image

#25 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

anybody wanna play right now?

#26 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:11 AM

gg bhay99

#27 Bhay99

Bhay99

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:14 AM

gg bhay99

gg
Posted Image

#28 0x3g3n

0x3g3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

VGG Dr. Strangepork.. stupid INT killed it :(

#29 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

VGG Dr. Strangepork.. stupid INT killed it :(

Yeah, kinda of a crazy game with all the turn overs and big plays. I thought you had me for sure. Fun though!
Posted Image

#30 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

oh so there's no schedule... we just play each other?
Posted Image