GTA Chinatown Wars
Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:50 PM
Scans here: http://www.joystiq.c...c-m-rated-crim/
Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:16 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- True GTA game - sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative.
- Isometric camera angle
- Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders
- good touch-screen implementation - "tasteful" minigames, streamlining interface
- UI based on a PDA - hub for email, contacts, map, music player, GPS, stat-tracking
- stats uploaded to Rockstar Social Club website via Wi-Fi
- finger-sized icons
- missions designed for shorter periods of play, arcade quality
- aiming with control pad, auto targeting with R button
- subtle autosteer
- if you fail a mission, you can jump back to the action sequence
- chain gun, flamethrower
- good portion of Liberty City is modeled in the game (different routes than console games)
- no probems with load times, draw-in or frame rate
- lots of pedestrians, cars, etc on screen
- Wanted system - objective is to disable police cars any way possible
- real-time weather effects, 24-hour day/night cycle
- lots of radio stations to listen to (more instrumentals than vocals)
- 800,000 lines of hand-optimized source code (hey, the people like the info, right?)
- no details yet on multiplayer/Wi-Fi features
Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:37 PM
Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:55 PM
Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:05 PM
I thought this was going to be like traditional post-3 GTAs.
I'm glad you were wrong.
That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon.
Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:59 PM
Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:51 PM
it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.
Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:44 PM
Braving the pillow gauntlet.
Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:59 PM
Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:05 PM
Like a Game.com game in color.
Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:17 PM
Touch screen dumpster diving
The moment they include a touch-screen hooker minigame is the moment they boost sales 300%.
Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:54 PM
Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:40 PM
Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:15 AM
Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:46 AM