Photo
- - - - -

It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

• Please log in to reply
1102 replies to this topic

#1 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

I noticed that the last one was over 500 posts and a few pages back so here goes.

Great news for Panacea fans!

Panacea is relasing it's forth album October 28th, "A Mind on A Ship Through Time!" But no album is complete without the cover. You gotta see this one. Steve Knox is an amazing artist, and yes: hes done it again. Also be on the look out for his digital graphic novels. Holla!

Cannot wait!

#2 MadChedar0

MadChedar0

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for making a new thread woohoo.

I've finally started to listen to Boogie Down Productions, and man it's quality (like you'd expect). I'm happy.

#3 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:54 AM

I've kind of been getting into hip hop lately, someone recommend me some good stuff!

http://www.last.fm/user/Bioshocked64

#4 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

the new Kool Keith "Dr. Dooom 2" is pretty dope, but I can't find it in any stores...

I was also shocked to find Murs sold out at Best Buy tonight...... DOUH!

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#5 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

<3 the title.

the new Kool Keith "Dr. Dooom 2" is pretty dope, but I can't find it in any stores...

I was also shocked to find Murs sold out at Best Buy tonight...... DOUH!

I need both of those.

#6 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Thanks, zew.

And for all you Count Bass D fans, head to his blog - http://countbassd.bl...istol-2008.html - to download a new, FREE instrumental album.

#7 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

OMG the murs sold out i need to pick that up asap then. I need to get that the T.I. cd and Heltah Skeltah also. I will stop by best buy on fri. and try to get all three

#8 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Yeah I need that new Murs, too.

And the new Heltah Skeltah is pretty good. Not fantastic or anything, but enjoyable.

#9 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

http://www.zshare.ne...771855c6451202/

Black Milk - "The Matrix" featuring Sean Price, Pharoahe Monch, and DJ Premier on the cuts.

It's dope.

#10 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

The weird thing is that I had that Dead Prez song stuck in my head today... not a bad thing, of course!

#11 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

That Black Milk album should be dope... gonna be a close match between DJ Revolution, Black Milk and Jake One

#12 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

I copped Heltah Skeltah today... and saw Murs on the shelf too so I got that as well.

They had the special edition but it was $7 more for a DVD I most likely wont watch so I jus got the regular one.

anyway I havent listened to it yet but I am listening to HS album.

it's good... but I'm not impressed... the ultimate paradox!

I donno, the jury's still out on this one

#13 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

The latest hip hop album I've been listening to is the new one from J Boogie's Dubtronic Science. Didn't have high hopes for this one as the dude frankly kinda sucks when he isn't doing mixes or instrumental tracks but this one is pretty good. One shitty song (I'm looking at you Deuce Eclipse) but the rest are pretty good with the songs with Crown City Rockers, Zion I, Jennifer Johns, The Mamaz, Lunar Heights and Ohmega Watts bringing the good stuff. Some of J Boogie's better work and its nice to see Om Records finally release something good since Heroes In The City Of Dope.

I wasn't expecting much from the new one from Murs but man does Murs For President fucking blow. He's boring on it and the beats don't make up for Murs being a dud on the mic.

Also have the new one from People Under The Stairs but I haven't listened to it enough to comment on it except for that it sounds good for background music. Need to actually sit down and listen to it
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#14 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

whoo! thanks for that Count Bass D btw!!

anyway my verdict on the new Heltah Skeltah record is out...

I gave it 3 listens in a row... it kinda sucks.

The good thing about it is Rock doesnt have a stick up his azz anymore and sounds like he;s actually having a good time on the mic. His wordplay as usual is crazy too. Sean price is sick as always as well.

lyrically it's most likely album of the year... but the beats fail HARD! The record overall is an easy listen becoz it's so great vocally but that's not enough to save any of the songs on the record... The overall record thus feels uninspired as it seems like theyre only making a record for the sake of making a record... but got damn they're lyrically top tier...

also it's notable to say that they actually don't have very good chemistry at all... there's a reason why ppl always thought Rock was the better of the two... becoz his presence is so in your face that you have to be paying a lot of attention to notice Ruck. Actually... Cannibal Ox is the same way too, I rarely ever notice Vordul and yet I hella dig his solo shyt...

#15 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

Ya know, after one listen, I totally agree with ya on the Heltah Skeltah album, JEKKI.

#16 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

The new Foreign Exchange is up for preorder!

http://blog.myspace....logID=438069544

#17 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

The new Foreign Exchange is up for preorder!

http://blog.myspace....logID=438069544

This is another must for me. Anybody check out that Zo! and Tigallo Love the 80's joint yet? I might try to pick that up.

#18 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

How is t w Mur now that he is on a major record label?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

How is t w Mur now that he is on a major record label?

Not much different... there are still like 5 9th wonder beats here, and they all shine... there is some Nottz production and some other tight stuff.... some of the songs are weak, radio-aimed shit, but it's pretty dope if you like Murs.

#20 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

This is another must for me. Anybody check out that Zo! and Tigallo Love the 80's joint yet? I might try to pick that up.

Fucking hilarious/great.

#21 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

oh yah so I listened to this:

Posted Image

and then I listened to it again and again... fuckin incredible record.

but anyway... it reminds me some threads back when headpiece of woohoo or someone did a Breezly Brewin interview and I didnt kno who the guy was...

but listening to this record the dood's voice and flow are a little way too familiar...

I figured it out, how could I have never heard of Breezly Brewin before?? He's the main dood from Prince Among Thieves!!

I remember listening the shyt out of this album back in high school man,

it's like at the time I thought the main 2 doods were jus some unknown cats, coz everyone else on the record was sum kinda rap superstar

#22 HowStern

HowStern

Knock Knock..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

lookin forward to that panacea album. do you guys like people under the stairs?
they just came out with a new one "fun dmc" I haven't heard it yet though

#23 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

I like PUTS but I'm yet to hear that new one.

Maybe later?

#24 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

I'm not sure if you heard this song, but those are real victims in the video.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#25 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

damn I still need new Ice Cube...

shyt I still need WC's album from last year :bomb:

I'm trying to get my emusic pickups... wtf they removed that High Decibels album from their site!! bastards!!

the retail release seems real limited tho... like trying to get an actual CD, but I'll definitely look into it coz I did like That Dood song.

#26 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I hope you can find that High Decibels album. If not, let me know, and I can help you out.

#27 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'm trying to get my emusic pickups... wtf they removed that High Decibels album from their site!! bastards!!

the retail release seems real limited tho... like trying to get an actual CD, but I'll definitely look into it coz I did like That Dood song.

Really? didn''t know it was limited..shit i better pick it up asap
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

I wouldn't say its limited, its that not many stores carrying it. Just order it from CDBaby, $12.97 plus shipping.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/highdecibels
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#29 MadChedar0

MadChedar0

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Wow Guile that Icecube video is serious stuff. Hadn't seen it before - thanks.

#30 st0neface

st0neface

astro travellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

Speaking of dead prez, is Information Age really gonna come out next month?

Posted Image