Photo
- - - - -

GoGamer Madness Sale: Brothers in Arms (360) $40 and more!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

The following are on sale at GoGamer. Check the clock on the product pages for sale ending time.
:360:Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $39.90*
:360:Frontlines: Fuel of War $19.90
:pc:Fallout Collection $12.90
:pc:ParaWorld $1.90
:pc:Perry Rhodan: Myth Of the Illochim $9.90*
:pc:Imperium Romanum $9.90*
:pc:Imperium Romanum: Emperor Expansion $9.90*
:pc:Call of Juarez $1.90
:pc:Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows $24.90
:pc:Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 $15.90
:pc:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 $14.90
:pc:Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning $39.90
:pc:Crysis Warhead $22.90
:pc:ZBoard Reaper Gaming Mouse $12.90
:pc:Sandio 3D Gaming Mouse Grey $9.90
:pc:Sandio 3D Gaming Mouse Red $9.90
:pc:Infernal $1.90
Posted ImageFlashwear Big Time Digital Clock (Green) $69.90

*Import version/region free

Edited by CheapyD, 03 October 2008 - 03:31 AM.
formatting for front page, thanks!

#2 Shinjiru

Shinjiru

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

In for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I was planning on picking it up today with Silent Hill.

Thanks!

#3 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

oh wow, guess I'll pick up BiA: Hell's Highway then
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#4 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

just noticed its the import version so keep that in mind. It does appear to be a region free game however not sure of any issues this might cause if any. From the listing on Playasia it would appear there wont be any format problems.

#5 Hoffgod

Hoffgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Oh damn, if I didn't already have it for the 360 I'd be all over Call of Juarez at that price.
Posted Image

#6 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

just noticed its the import version so keep that in mind. It does appear to be a region free game however not sure of any issues this might cause if any. From the listing on Playasia it would appear there wont be any format problems.

Where did you see that? The photo is of the US/NTSC box and I can't find anything about it being an Asian version.

#7 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

crysis!! may wait a little longer though since my current build is not ready yet..

1080i is for douchebags

#8 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

FallOut Collection, can anyone recommend this? is it like Diablo, its only $12.99?
Posted Image

#9 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

In for one for Hell's Highway, I was JUST debating whether or not to get this at Frys for $52.99. I was so close to buying it on Tuesday... it's a good thing I didn't! :D

EDIT: Geez, I ordered it so fast that I didn't realize that it was the import version. I've cancelled my order.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

FallOut Collection, can anyone recommend this? is it like Diablo, its only $12.99?

I have the game but have yet to play it. From what I have heard it's not like Diablo, it's more of an RPG with a post-apocalyptic setting. It's a pretty highly regarded series, it's still brought up in a lot of top 10 lists. There is a reason why they are making a 3rd one, even if it's a different developer. Seems like a steal for that price.

I already have Infernal and COJ or I would jump on those at that price. I think I'll wait on Crysis Warhead.

#11 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

You can get the first Fallout 100% free from Gametap...I just did this past week. You can get Fallout 1 and 2 for $5.99 each from GOG.com as well, each comes with a bunch of extras.

#12 Codemaster

Codemaster

Project 2501

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

Got Infernal and Call of Juarez. I was gonna get ParaWorld but it added too much to the shipping and I learned it uses TAGES (copy protection software). Fallout Collection is great for about $15 shipped. Comes with Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics and bonus material on the disc.

#13 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

WARNING FOR PEOPLE ON FALLOUT COLLECTION:

It does not easily work on Windows XP. I bought it, and never got it to work. I bought it at GOG, $6 for both (B1G1F) and they work flawlessly.

Picked up Call of Juarez and Infernal.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#14 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Where did you see that? The photo is of the US/NTSC box and I can't find anything about it being an Asian version.

the (i) next to the title name denotes "import". Its probably from europe, however the same rules apply. I'd buy it if i wanted the 360 version personally, im sure it works fine. However im PC all the way on FPS.

#15 csidegamer

csidegamer

What problem w/ Dwarves?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Picked up Fallout collection. Almost bought it on ebay last week for $20. Glad I waited.
fs_overall.pngs2741431x15a.png

#16 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Fallout Collection for me, too. Anybody else heard problems w/ it on XP? I'm sure there's a fix/patch for it.

Can't wait for Fallout 3, too!!!

#17 YoUnGKiLlAh

YoUnGKiLlAh

Gamer4Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

so would the imported version of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway work on our 360?

#18 brittonrupp

brittonrupp

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

i grabbed call of juarez, indernal and crysis warhead, pretty good deals if you ask me.

#19 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:27 AM

Sucks that Hell's Highway is some import, not even taking a chance & losing $40 if it doesn't start up.

Thanks anyway though.

#20 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

Fallout Collection for me, too. Anybody else heard problems w/ it on XP? I'm sure there's a fix/patch for it.

Can't wait for Fallout 3, too!!!

I never had problems w/ FO2 on Win XP, myself -- and yes, I have the old CD version from back when Interplay was in business.
Make sure you put in the newest official patch.
And you might want to look into KillApp's newest Unofficial Patches for FO2.

About FO1, I bought that from GOG Beta.
So, no problems there -- as CD Projekt reworked to work on XP.

About FO: Tactics, I don't have that...yet.
As a current GOG Beta member, I'll buy it from them, in due time...since they rework all the old games to run on XP/Vista officially.

I have yet to try the high-res FO mod, though...

EDIT:

i grabbed call of juarez, indernal and crysis warhead, pretty good deals if you ask me.

CoJ is a steal at that price.

#21 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:22 AM

Sucks that Hell's Highway is some import, not even taking a chance & losing $40 if it doesn't start up.

Thanks anyway though.

its region free

#22 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

which mouse should i get???

#23 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:11 AM

I never had problems w/ FO2 on Win XP, myself -- and yes, I have the old CD version from back when Interplay was in business.

I just played through FO2 last week on Vista and had even less issues than I did with XP.

#24 sarge1991

sarge1991

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

reviews for the gaming ones

Z Board Reaper:
http://gear.ign.com/...9/749373p1.html

Sandio 3D:
http://www.gamepyre....tml?aid=827&p=2

Hope that helps i think im going to bite on the Sandio.

#25 laaj

laaj

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

Fallout Collection is European import. It matters since some missions can't be completed because all the children are taken out of the European version of the game. There are unofficial patches online on various fan sites to fix the above issue however.

#26 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:34 AM

Ordered Infernal and Juarez, considering the half priced 360 controller.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

Jimi Hendrix's apprentice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:47 AM

fallout 1 & 2 are classic top knotch rpg's, I bought them both when they were first out and played through them a couple of times. Just traded them on goozex. 2 thumbs up for the series, totally worth playing.......keep in mind it is a classic rpg.

#28 wr3ck

wr3ck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

I just finished Hell's Highway and it's an absolute STEAL at that price.

#29 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:37 AM

I'd be all over Call of Juarez if it were for the 360. I saw the MSFT Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows on sale at my local Radio Shack for $19. It might have been clearance, so YMMV.

#30 ver3cheap

ver3cheap

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

I had contacted them yesterday to confirm and they told me it is the Australian version of Hell's Highway, which was printed region-free. There is no worry about it playing in a US 360, but does anyone know if there were any changes to AU version content?

It doesnt sound like anything was toned down in the game for the Australian release, but I was unable to confirm via internet searching. If I can find some confirmation that it is the same as the US release, I'd grab this in a heartbeat.