BJs deals! (the wholesale club - shame on you!) YMMV

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Went into the local BJs wholesale club (Woburn, MA) and saw a new display of games (appeared to be for the holidays):

All were $9.99

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (PS2)
King of Fighters 2006 (PS2)
Williams Collection Pinball (PS2 and PSP)

There was a few others - nothing that jumped out at me, though.

#2 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

If there is one thing I know about BJs it's that your mileage always varies.

#3 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

yup...(i put that in the title) - this WAS separate from their regular game section - seemed to be a holiday-themed batch of games...hopefully that means it'll be available in more areas.

#4 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

Any one have anything new to report on bj's? Quakertown PA has MW2 for $40 for ps3.

#5 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

if there is one thing i know about bjs it's that your mileage always varies.

lol

#6 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

I was there today (Raleigh, NC, Brier Creek location) and didn't see anything worth noting. They did have a copy of NPC Pikmin for $18.XX which is OK I guess. It's around $30 new through most other places. I already have a copy so it's still sitting there.

About 2 months ago I found Punch-Out for ~$18, which was awesome.

#7 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

Pinball Hall of Fame the Williams Collection is the better of the two available, the other being the Gotlieb Collection.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#8 vemnox

vemnox

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

Way to bump a 2 year old thread...

#9 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

I was there today (Raleigh, NC, Brier Creek location) and didn't see anything worth noting. They did have a copy of NPC Pikmin for $18.XX which is OK I guess. It's around $30 new through most other places. I already have a copy so it's still sitting there.

Wow I never find any good video game deals at my BJ's...I would've loved to have picked up Punch Out for 18 new

#10 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

But if it hadn't been bumped, many of us would never have seen $hady's LOLworthy comment.

#11 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Meh, my local BJ's is way behind the times in terms of game prices. They still have old PS2 games like Sly Cooper at near full price. Most of the new-ish games are at full price even if they are less at other stores (ex. Madden 2010 still $59.99). Will keep an eye out though and post any deals that come by.

#12 tinyandi

tinyandi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

That's my local BJ, and I never find anything. Now I know why ;-)

Currently playing this month
:pc:: (nothing -- recovering from WoW addiction)
:wii:: Super Mario Bros Wii
:ds:: (nothing)
:ps3:: FFXIII, GoW III, Dragon Age Origins
:360:: Alan Wake

Girl gamers will one day rule the world...\\:D/

#13 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

Better to bump an old thread (esp a short one) for YMMV deals at a specific store than to start a new one.

Go ahead, start a new one... I dare you. It will be like The Three Billy Goats Gruff, except the OP gets eaten instead of escaping.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#14 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'll take a deal on a bj.

#15 Angrybeaver1

Angrybeaver1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Untill the end of the month BJ's has a $15.00 off any 360 game in the entertainment flyer that should be at the front of the store and over by the dvd's. My local BJ's dosen't have a great selection but they do have some of the new games like NCAA 11 priced a couple dollars less then retail ($56.99) add the $15.00 off coupon and this might be worth a visit

#16 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

The two BJs near me both have an appalling games section.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#17 chaddyp

chaddyp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

Meh, my local BJ's is way behind the times in terms of game prices. They still have old PS2 games like Sly Cooper at near full price. Most of the new-ish games are at full price even if they are less at other stores (ex. Madden 2010 still $59.99). Will keep an eye out though and post any deals that come by.

Price of Madden 10 is $27.99. That club must be behind on changing their prices.

#18 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

If there's one thing I've learned about BJ's, it's that they have a lot of overhead
Posted Image

#19 chaddyp

chaddyp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

Any one have anything new to report on bj's? Quakertown PA has MW2 for $40 for ps3.

Yeah, it currently is $15 off at the register. For the 360, combine that with the $15 coupon as well for a copy for $27 plus tax out the door.

#20 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

Missed the coupon, I wish they would do PS3 games, but could always try the illegal stuff other members have been talking about for years

#21 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:51 AM

Untill the end of the month BJ's has a $15.00 off any 360 game in the entertainment flyer that should be at the front of the store and over by the dvd's. My local BJ's dosen't have a great selection but they do have some of the new games like NCAA 11 priced a couple dollars less then retail ($56.99) add the $15.00 off coupon and this might be worth a visit

Has anyone actually used the coupon? It says any 360 game but at the bottom it lists 3 item #'s that belong to the 3 games on the same page as the coupon.

#22 Angrybeaver1

Angrybeaver1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

I have used the coupon 3 times actually, even tho it says once per account. I have gotten Transformers, Ncaa 11 and Vancover 2010. It says any 360 game and I have not had a problem. Since the coupon is over $10.00 it must have a manager turn a key , but again no problem. I suppose like any of these stores it could be YMMV on this but in Columbia, MD its a go.