Photo
- - - - -

Scammed by Herbsnverbs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
361 replies to this topic

#1 Canquain

Canquain

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

Herbsnverbs was going to buy my Wii $400 in Cash. So he said sinc ei had no TR i had to go first so i sent the Wii he got it yesterday. I sent him about 2 PM's yesterday and before he even recive the wii he told me he would send the cash Tuesday or Wednesday Mourning. so then after he recived the wii i gave him a day to respond to my pms he never responded he logged in today and he still never PMed me back. So im guessing hes a scammer. So what should i do because he wont respond to my PM's?

#2 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

Send your complaints to a moderator. There's two of them available (in the 'who's online' section) right now.

#3 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

It sounds like he may be ducking you, but I think its too early to be calling him a scammer.

How many feedbacks did he have?

#4 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

He only has 3 iTrader. Also the thing is he said he would ship when he received tracking number and the information was confirmed and he never sent it out he made up excuses.

#5 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

why send cash why not paypal its EZ and safe

#6 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

He dosent have PayPal.

#7 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Did you send him a PS2 as well?

http://www.cheapassg...ght=herbsnverbs

#8 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

Give em a few more days...sometimes things do come up, if he had 3 itraders and it was 100%, id bet something came up and hes not scamming ya.

If it goes for more than a week, id say then something is seriously up.

#9 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

I didnt send him a PS2 i dont know tho... im really worried right now.

#10 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, my bad. I see that was a different user. I would say you got scammed hard. Sorry man.

#11 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

Wow...didnt see that PS2 thing...damn that sucks man, big time.

#12 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

Well now that i got Scammed out of my nintendo Wii what can i do now?

#13 PhiLeingFunkie

PhiLeingFunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

Canquain, I understand your panic but you should releax just a bit, at least for another day or two. Worst case scenario is that he is scamming you. But you have his name, address, and a written agreement between the two of you. I'm sure it will be no problem filing a dispute and getting whats rightfully yours.

#14 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

give him a couple of days, even though he logged in he could be busy and intend to respond back to you later. If he still doesn't, notify a moderator.

In the future, when you're selling something expensive like a console you should probably ask for payment first. Cheaper stuff like games isn't too bad to send first.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#15 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

I always ask for payment first then they back out because i have an itrader of 1.

#16 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

Its like he must of snagged quick and easy feedback points to make it look like hes trust worthy, and then nail someone...wow.

#17 PhiLeingFunkie

PhiLeingFunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

I always ask for payment first then they back out because i have an itrader of 1.

Honestly, the majority of online traders and sellers use paypal. I know some honest people that don't, but when it comes to something as expensive as a console and they refuse to send payment first, thats a big red flag.

It might loose you a couple of great opportunities but I would restrict my selling to just paypal, the most reliable way of receiving payment.

#18 PhiLeingFunkie

PhiLeingFunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Can someone list the names or tell me how to identify a mod on this forum? I have a question ive been meaning to ask, thanks

#19 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

Well i guess i should just go to ic3 and notify a moderator.

#20 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

I wish I could help you out somehow. I really hope that he just signed on for a minute to check things then had to sign off. I know I sign on sometimes from work or class to bump my thread but don't have time to respond to people. Just give him another day or so. If he lives in North FL or South GA I may can help.

#21 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

No he lives in Ohio. that's the only Console i have to i just wonder what im going to do now.

#22 subzero

subzero

Bring it........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

To you all saying sit a wait,you will change your tune when you get had,wait my ass....

Get the mod involved now and start calling this tool,also contact trollhunters.com they are the best and if they can help they will.

I cannot belive this place does not have a SAFETRADE set up for situations just like this,TGN has one setup,all it takes is a memeber / mod with perfect 100+ feedback to act as a middleman and hold the payment till the goods have arrived and cleared,simple.

Good luck man,hope it works out but gun to my head,you have been ripped hard by this troll.
My habits / toys...

Dell AIO AMD quad 23" touchscreen
Sony s series 13.3 ultraportable
PS3 slim w/ hybrid hdd
PS Vita
HTC Amaze 4G

A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists.

#23 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Just relax for another day or so. This really is a good community and I am sure people will help out the best they can. If I lived in Ohio I could help.

#24 MrDubbs

MrDubbs

The Luck Of The Irish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Can someone list the names or tell me how to identify a mod on this forum? I have a question ive been meaning to ask, thanks

A mod appears in white in the online user list at the bottom of the main page,

#25 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

#26 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Not to jump to conclusions here, but canquain you have a single trade, and this other guy has a total of 3: What the hell are you guys doing trying to complete a transaction like this with that much feedback? Not to mention that, even if he seemed honest, a feedback of '3' does not warrant you sending first...

#27 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

Well ya i get that if its an expensive item don't go first. :/ Im just really upset here and i think im not going to get anything...

#28 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Not to jump to conclusions here, but canquain you have a single trade, and this other guy has a total of 3: What the hell are you guys doing trying to complete a transaction like this with that much feedback? Not to mention that, even if he seemed honest, a feedback of '3' does not warrant you sending first...

That is what I thought. He should have paid first since the feedback was only 2 difference, and both very low. Someone asking for money first, and it isn't though paypal is a bad sign to me unless they just had a load of feedback. I hate to judge the guy,but the name he used really stuck out to me for some reason.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#29 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

I do agree...like said, systems and things that are 100, 200 + and 400 even moreso, you no matter what hold your ground to get the payment first.

Even if you went and did a few small transactions with people and built your FB up to 5 or 10...and then you can at least have a stepping stone to work with someone that will pay up first.

#30 Canquain

Canquain

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

Should i report him to IC3 or Wait?