CAGcast #137: The Tokyo Game Show (not so) Special 2008

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:18 AM

CheapyD wraps up Tokyo Game Show 2008 with hands-on impressions of big upcoming releases and ass-on impressions of TGS's toilets.

Get on a double-dose of Wombat on this week's Player One Podcast.

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

Download - 100 minutes, 40MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

Westerners wait for food/drink at Microsoft party
Posted Image

Sony Japan can't spell "guitar"
Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 14 October 2008 - 09:05 AM.

#2 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

Thanks, needed my fix.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#3 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hey, we got our podcast Monday after all!

I love you Cheapy!
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:04 AM

Excellent!!!!

This is great, I just love the TGS news and I always the stories from you Cheapy about all the happenings in Tokyo.

#5 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:20 AM

YES! I am going to listen to this one at least twice. :P

#6 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:25 AM

Can't wait to listen. downloading now...

#7 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

Huzzah... just in time for me to miss listening to it during work.

#8 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

Cagcast...Fuck YEAH!

#9 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:18 AM

no bonus picture??????????

#10 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

Thanks. Now I got something for work this week.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#11 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

A Japanese Wii connects to Japanese Wii store, even in America. I'm sure the DSi will do the same.

As far as missing Nintendo news, why didn't Cheapy mention the sequel to No More Heroes being announced? That's pretty big for Wii owners as some thought NMH would be the last chance for hardcore games on Wii and for the guys who made NMH since it was their first sequel.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#12 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

CheapyD Hates Black People lol sounds like when Kayne West said George Bush Doesn't Like Black People :lol:

i still would of felt unconformable with Brian Crecente in that situation because i'm such a socially conscious person and worry about what other people think of me

why hate on Nintendo when their 2009 lineup is looking pretty awesome?

#13 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

:/, you guys forgot to go back to talking about Saint's Row 2.

I was actually wanting to hear what Cheapy had to say.

By the way, I was laughing my ass off when Wombat mocked your ninja swoosh sounds.

Edited by TheHiei, 14 October 2008 - 07:48 AM.

#14 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

CheapyD Hates Black People lol sounds like when Kayne West said George Bush Doesn't Like Black People :lol:

i still would of felt unconformable with Brian Crecente in that situation because i'm such a socially conscious person and worry about what other people think of me

Considering Cheapy hasn't even beaten Super Mario Galaxy (aka best game on the system by a long shot), it isn't surprising Cheapy doesn't care and doesn't want to try anything on a Nintendo system, 1st party or otherwise.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#15 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

Thanks guys great show as always. Though i would have liked some more cagbag questions.
Insert clever line here......

#16 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Considering Cheapy hasn't even beaten Super Mario Galaxy (aka best game on the system by a long shot), it isn't surprising Cheapy doesn't care and doesn't want to try anything on a Nintendo system, 1st party or otherwise.

That's not true...I play the DS! Hopefully I'll be able to talk about My Japanese Coach next week.

:/, you guys forgot to go back to talking about Saint's Row 2.

I was actually wanting to hear what Cheapy had to say.

By the way, I was laughing my ass off when Wombat mocked your ninja swoosh sounds.

I should have the retail version tomorrow. You'll hear all about it next week. Dead Space too...

#17 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

Wombat don't by "Linger In The Shadows"

It's basically a 15 minute movie. You can watch the whole thing online. But I hear it comes with trophies.

Posted Image

#18 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

That's not true...I play the DS! Hopefully I'll be able to talk about My Japanese Coach next week.

I should have the retail version tomorrow. You'll hear all about it next week. Dead Space too...

It just seems that...to me at least, excuses are made not to talk about Nintendo news, sometimes big news (like this past week with No More Heroes).

And while you talk about Dead Space, I'll be playing Mega Man 9 on my Wii. There's only so much of that Endless Attack music that you can take.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#19 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

Nintendo's lucky. Heck PC never gets mentioned and Blizzcon just finished. BLIZZCON!

Posted Image

#20 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Ass-on impressions of hands at TGS?

#21 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

A Japanese Wii connects to Japanese Wii store, even in America. I'm sure the DSi will do the same.

As far as missing Nintendo news, why didn't Cheapy mention the sequel to No More Heroes being announced? That's pretty big for Wii owners as some thought NMH would be the last chance for hardcore games on Wii and for the guys who made NMH since it was their first sequel.

look at the top sellers from Cheapassgamers on Amazon and you know why the CAGcast is pro-MS and gives Nintendo the slight.

#22 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

What the hell Cheapy?! Still can't find Alex the Pizza guy? Doesn't he have a pizza place open in "Akasaka" (?) I'd say go and visit it, if it's condemned or whatever, it's obvious that he's gone. Or you can ask him what the Fuck happened if he's there. It'd be worth the trip to find out, seriously... for closure.

#23 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

What the hell Cheapy?! Still can't find Alex the Pizza guy? Doesn't he have a pizza place open in "Akasaka" (?) I'd say go and visit it, if it's condemned or whatever, it's obvious that he's gone. Or you can ask him what the Fuck happened if he's there. It'd be worth the trip to find out, seriously... for closure.

I second this

But ya, very good listen. I don't think Wombat deserves all the flack he gets. His 'antics' is one of the big reasons why I liked the CAGcast over other podcasts i've listened to like CAGcast. It makes it a fun listen as well as very informative, and overall a great listen. I don't see how anyone actually could've seen Wombat was serious about asking

Also, I do have to say that Nintendo's futures are looking up. You have to admit that their 2009 slate already looks better than their late 2008 slate for the Wii. While it's still legions behind the 360, you have to admit they look a lot better than they did at E3

The hungry whities picture was great. I'm suprised it wasn't more people lol.
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:57 AM

Yes CAGcast! I waited all day for this. The PlayerOne podcast with Wombat was a decent substitute for a day. If you haven't heard it yet, shame on you! You get to hear about some of Wombat's fondest gaming memories!!
Posted Image

Spoiler

#25 Holy_Headshot

Holy_Headshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:43 AM

Hey Shin, please don't misunderstand my comments, I'm not hating on Nintendo, I'm pointing out the obvious. No More Heroes looks good, I'll pick it up when the price is right, but Mega Man 9? Really? I'm not knocking Mega Man, I love the oldd side scrollers, Mega Man 2 was my favorite. All I'm saying is, is that the BEST you can do Nintendo? Mario Kart was great on the SNES, but what's been added to the franchise---four player on N64? Online multiplayer on the Wii via obnoxious friend codes? Mario Galaxy looks innovative, there are some cool DS titles that are original, but you have to admit, they play 3 card monty and rebox old software more often than they come up with new ideas. As much as I love Nintendo, it's hard to say they've realized the potential of the Wii, I agree with Cheapy and Wombat that it's a fad----even my kids aren't entertained at this point.

#26 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

Just finished listening to the CAGcast. Cheapy, I really enjoyed your perspective on TGS. Thanks for reading my comment on the air.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#27 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

is it me or was the player one podcast with wombat much more enjoyable than the cagcast? Seems like the cagcast has turned into a platform for cheapy to stroke his ego. Cheapy just dominates the cagcast and doesn't even let wombat get a word in not to mention that cheapy doesn't let a subject end on it's own volition rather than cutting off wombat and moving along.

In sum, I would love to see wombat as a frequent guest of the playerone podcast because I think he truly shines with CJ an Phil.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#28 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:12 AM

look at the top sellers from Cheapassgamers on Amazon and you know why the CAGcast is pro-MS and gives Nintendo the slight.

Um...do you listen to the show? Cheapy doesn't even turn his Wii on, and hasn't done so in a long time.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#29 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:51 AM

Good show...

Cheapy D.. every time you mention black people, I get nervous, I keep thinking you're going to stay something stupid and piss me off... so far you haven't... (I still laugh bout the BIG ASS CHAINS, and Rims of Destiny...LOL) however, reference Boyz n the Hood, funny you say you were scared after seeing the movie, hell I was scared as well. I was so paranoid about being shot in a driveby.

Reference Wombat - I am a fan of the CAGcast I listen to it EVERY week (when you record one at least) and Wombat dedicates his day off to recording what I feel is one of the MOST important aspects of the Cheapassgamer website... the podcast. In determining Wombat's worth, I think you have to think what would the CAGcast be if Wombat decided to take his services (recording shows) elsewhere? I think that Wombat should be hired over Ship because, no one's coming here to read articles by shipwreck. My thing is... I love the show, the way it is, and I wouldn't want a situation where you (cheapy) underappreciate Wombat and he takes his services elsewhere. Ship is boring, but his wife is such a great match for him on the show, she livens it up, and TOGETHER they put forth an excellent show (which I also enjoy), and its the same situation with the Cagcast, Cheapy sometimes you're boring.. but WITH wombat TOGETHER you guys also put forth an excellent show (which I'm addicted to).
Posted Image

#30 amishpriest

amishpriest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

Great show as always :). Personally, Wombat, I prefer it when you offer a dissenting opinion or play devil's advocate. Like you said, if you and Cheapy always played nice and agreed on everything then it would be a rather boring show. Outside of any toilet discussion, that is.
Posted Image