Photo
- - - - -

Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#1 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

hell i havnt seen a thread on fallout 3 so whats this i hear that the ps3 worser than the 360 quality. is this true, i hope not because i wanna see some kickass headshots in hd

#2 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

i Iz 3xc1t3d?

#3 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

So much *worser*.

#4 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

I doubt it's the most worser, but it's probably more worser than the PC version. I can't believe that Bethesda would tone down the PS3 version since they got Oblivion looking pretty damn good on it. I think your claims are unfounded, I can only hope that the graphics are more better prettier than what we expect.

#5 lanzarlaluna

lanzarlaluna

has got the ADAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

It remains to be seen which version is truly worser. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me as long as one version isn't funner than the other.

#6 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

the console versions' prices are definitely worser than the PC version's price

#7 Chase

Chase

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

This thread compels me to pick up the 360 version.

#8 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

This thread compels me to check my punctuation, grammar and spelling before posting any threads. You guys are brutal, but funny.

As for the game, I don't want it since it's some more first person crap from Bethesda.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#9 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

I'm want it.
No trophies right?

#10 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Where's the source for your rumor? Some nameless minimum wage game store clerk? Some pre-teen Xbox owner? You're not giving us any reason to believe you.

The two will be identical. I'm on a different forum where a dev posts frequently and he's said the game will be identical.

Not only that, the PS3 version has no upfront install, it'll stream data to the hard drive permanently through the intro sequence.

Not to mention, the engine is based on Oblivion's engine, which ran flawlessly, on the PS3.

There will be differences and trade-offs, but neither version will be significanly better than the other.

#11 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

Where's the source for your rumor? Some nameless minimum wage game store clerk? Some pre-teen Xbox owner? You're not giving us any reason to believe you.

The two will be identical. I'm on a different forum where a dev posts frequently and he's said the game will be identical.

Not only that, the PS3 version has no upfront install, it'll stream data to the hard drive permanently through the intro sequence.

Not to mention, the engine is based on Oblivion's engine, which ran flawlessly, on the PS3.

There will be differences and trade-offs, but neither version will be significanly better than the other.

http://kotaku.com/50...eview-explained

It's not that big of a deal, and I'll still be picking up the PS3 version next week.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#12 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

PSM stated in their review that the PS3 version's textures didn't look as good as the 360 version of the game. http://www.computera...199997&site=psm
Posted Image

#13 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, and I read the whole article, the textures weren't that different, and even then it only looked that way up close. Doesn't affect gameply, and doesn't affect graphics unless you're standing and starting at wall.

In fact, PSM said a lot of other small differences, namely how distant objects are slightly more aliased, and other small insignificant differences.

It's useful when citing any comparisons to make sure you mention just how much of a difference there is. It's bad enough any story about either console difference gets gets wildly sensationalized by fanboys on both sides.

#14 Zyzomys

Zyzomys

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences. That is one of the benefits of owning both a PS3 and a 360. I get to buy all the exclusives for both consoles, plus I get to buy the best version of all the multi platform games, just like many others in this thread.

Whenever a person comments about a game being better on a certain console, I first check to see if they have both their PSN and XBL names listed. Those that only have one console listed have far less credibility than someone who has both consoles and can easily choose either version. Multi console owners seldom feel the need to justify their console purchase - they just go broke buying great game after great game.

#15 lanzarlaluna

lanzarlaluna

has got the ADAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences.

I agree with this 100%, despite my silly post above. If I dropped my hard-earned cash to own both systems, then I sure as Fuck want the best version available. That being said, I'd still like to see some HD gameplay videos of both before I jump to conclusions about which version is better.

#16 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I'm torn now; my PS3 is hooked up to my main TV which is 52" HD and my 360 is hooked up to a 36" SDTV BUT it has 5.1 sound. Won't upgrade the 36" until I buy a new house which seems like it'll never happen (been looking for 2 years now) so I know I'll eventually get my 360 on HD.

So, do I want pretty graphics via the PS3 with dual channel sound or do I want SD graphics that will eventually go HD with 5.1 sound. I'm actually thinking I might lean to the 360 for this one (plus the DLC they are bringing for it).

#17 dallow

dallow

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

I only buy multiplat games on PS3 for these reasons: (unless the game is horribly broken on PS3, like say Condemned 2 and it's sound problem, which I think was patched)

1. Prefer to play on a system I trust for longevity.
2. 360 drive is loud as Fuck. (can't wait for that new update to install my games)

Minor differences I don't care about, as the PC version of any given multiplatform game looks MUCH better, and if I can live with that, then I can live with a texture or two being slighty off if I put my camera on it and zoom in.

#18 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

For those of us with both consoles, it is important to know about these small differences. That is one of the benefits of owning both a PS3 and a 360. I get to buy all the exclusives for both consoles, plus I get to buy the best version of all the multi platform games, just like many others in this thread.

Whenever a person comments about a game being better on a certain console, I first check to see if they have both their PSN and XBL names listed. Those that only have one console listed have far less credibility than someone who has both consoles and can easily choose either version. Multi console owners seldom feel the need to justify their console purchase - they just go broke buying great game after great game.

I kind of disagree, because some people might own a 360 and are heavily biased towards another platform and vice versa. Yes I own both a PS3 and a 360, but I'll always buy on PS3 (only multi-platform game I have on 360 is Lost Planet, and that was because I got it beyond cheap), kind of like a few CAGs said they'll always buy on 360.

As for Fallout 3, I have some preorder bonuses of it thanks to a certain retailer, but I don't think I'll get it. If I did, it would probably be on PS3.
Posted Image

#19 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

well i will be pickint it up on ps3. i really dont care because it isnt much difference. so maybe thell do a patch like bioshock and clean the game up

#20 deadgopher

deadgopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

The DLC thing really pisses me off. On the one hand I currently have it preordered for the 360 (limited edition) specifically for the DLC, but I want to play it on the PS3 since the PS3 does a much, much better job reproducing colors (if you own both, download the demo for Pure on each system and you'll see the 360 crushing your shadows into a hellish black every single time).

Sigh. Thanks, Microsoft.

However, Oblivion looked like complete fucking ass on the 360 compared to PS3 or PC, enough time has passed that I think they can get it to an Assassin's Creed level of multi-platform quality where it doesn't really matter which system you bought it on. At least, that's what my "please don't look like shit on my 360" center of my brain is telling me to think.
Posted Image

#21 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

the game is amazing i have been playing for about 10 hours straight.(today was my day off). this game is not for everyone tho

#22 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

I am renting this to see if I like it and I must say, I enjoyed oblivion but this game is fucking AWESOME!

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#23 Duckbutt

Duckbutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, I never played Oblivion, but I had a roommate who did, so I saw quite a bit of it. Fallout 3 feels like Oblivion set in a post apocalyptic world, which is fine with me.
Posted Image

#24 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

god this game is amazing on ps3 not really a diff. from 360 but it is sood good
i jus picked up the strat guide from cc for 12 bucks and love it

#25 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, I never played Oblivion, but I had a roommate who did, so I saw quite a bit of it. Fallout 3 feels like Oblivion set in a post apocalyptic world, which is fine with me.

Mechanically, Oblivion and Fallout 3 are very similar. But there's something much more visceral about Fallout 3. I'm affected by my decisions and I'm genuinely anxious about running into a raider party or some freakish insect. In Oblivion, I never got that sense of urgency - despite the fact that it is one of my favorite all time games.

#26 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

Does anyone elses game freeze temporarily when someone on your friends list signs on or off? It's not that big a deal, I just thought it was odd.

#27 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:58 AM

I heard that was a bug or that you ahd to restart your ps3/game.

#28 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

Does anyone elses game freeze temporarily when someone on your friends list signs on or off? It's not that big a deal, I just thought it was odd.

Yeah. I read about this problem in the IGN review. You've got to turn off notifications if you want to avoid the problem. Stupid Bethesda! I hope there's a patch that fixes some of the PS3 specific bugs soon.

#29 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

The game is pretty fun so far but the bugs are starting to get to me. Wasn't this thing 4 years in the making?
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#30 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

Yeah. I read about this problem in the IGN review. You've got to turn off notifications if you want to avoid the problem. Stupid Bethesda! I hope there's a patch that fixes some of the PS3 specific bugs soon.

The same glitche happened in Tony Hawk Project 8 for the PS3.
Posted Image