Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff $5 off at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 VirgiltheChicken

VirgiltheChicken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:10 AM

Pre-order Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff for $24.99 at Amazon, 1 cent below the limit for free shipping. Due out Armistice Day (November 11th, read a book!).

#2 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:28 AM

That game does look fun.

#3 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

I really hope they make this a good game...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#4 kingsoby1

kingsoby1

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

tecmo super bowl is easily one of the best games ever made, and this is supposed to be based off of that. definitely excited... too bad multiplayer wont be the same sit-around-the-nes experience :(

#5 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

I had no idea about this game until now. I think I put more hours into Tecmo Bowl than any other game. I'm unstoppable as the New York Giants.

I'm definitely going to grab this.

#6 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

i like part 3 they best where you could name everyone on your team and then you could trade for other players....

Anyone remember the LIMITED ed part 2 that used to fetch 100+ LOL
WOOOO I STINK

#7 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

I wish Amazon also gave away Tecmo Bowl shirts for preordering like Gamestop.

But thanks, Virgil. I know some people would love this for xmas, so I'll buy two. Not to mention that I need some ppl to play against!

#8 Terrenceistheman

Terrenceistheman

Internet Mayor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

1 cent below the limit for free shipping.

cheapest filler item i could find
http://www.amazon.co...isssoccersi-20/

#9 maaddmax

maaddmax

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

First I have heard of this game! Huge fan of the series and plan on getting it!

#10 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

Super Tecmo Bowl was godly, it really sucks that EA is hogging the NFL license
Posted Image

#11 kwick7

kwick7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

I wish they would release this for the PSP.

#12 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

Wow - didn't know about this. I have never been able to get into the 3D football games. I feel like I have little control over what is going on in them, or at least less. The old games were so much more fun. Hopefully the gameplay proves great. EDIT: lack of NFL names doesn't bother me. In fact it fits the style of this game perfectly and they can have fun with naming the teams. I think the ones in the screenshots are pretty funny.

#13 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

Everything about the game can be edited. There will surely be rosters that you can get for it that will have real teams and players.

#14 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

This price is great, but I'm not gonna lie - I gotta have that Tecmo Bowl t-shirt from Gamestop. That is too hot.

#15 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:15 AM

I'm waiting for the under $20 price for this one but still a good deal.

#16 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

I love Tecmo bowl. I've got to hold off on ds purchases right now but this is tempting.

edit: anybody know how this is controlled ... is it stylus emphasized. I think I'd like it to stay old school.

Bo Jackson = unstoppable

#17 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

From what I've heard, it is stylus enhanced. I thought you could play the entire game without the stylus... but I may be wrong.

#18 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:45 AM

My boyfriend still plays Tecmo Super Bowl/Tecmo Bowl. So if this actually stays faithful to those I'll buy it for him as a gift. Thanks OP.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#19 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

ROFL that bo jackson video is hilarious. If you pulled that showboating back when we were playing the NES version, fists would fly.

Almost as bad as the "B-shot" in Blades of Steel
Posted Image

#20 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

You can supposedly play old school or stylus controls. I think I'll go old school since I was playing the original right when it came out on NES but stylus control for passing could be cool just tapping the receiver to throw to maybe.

#21 J7.

J7.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Tecmo Super Bowl is the best sports game ever created, still to this day! It's a tragedy TSB or TBK it is not available on XBLA.

#22 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

This is one my most anticipated games for the rest of the year. Online Tecmo Bowl For the F'n W.

#23 skube

skube

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

awesome I hope it supports wifi. Now if only the DS supported wep...

#24 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

pretty excited, not sure I will by it on release but will get it eventually.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#25 kingsoby1

kingsoby1

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

FYI guys... you can actually play tecmo super bowl online already via emulator.

There are dozens of leagues dedicated to original rom rosters, hacked modern rosters, hacked older roster, 32 team enhancement (used to be 28), longer quarters, the list goes on. There are even league managers that allow you to upload your stats into an internet database.

check out these sites if you're interested... I've been playing for about 5 years online now:

www.knobbe.org
www.sois.com/tpc
www.tecmo.us
www.puretecmo.com/forum

knobbe is more of a community, tpc is a pickup game league for newer players, tecmoworld and puretecmo are dedicated to league play for the most part... although there's quite the mccain v obama arguments going on in the general forums. Feel free to hit me up for info; my aim is the same as my username here.

I am definitely buying this game.

#26 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

Tecmo Super Bowl is the best sports game ever created, still to this day! It's a tragedy TSB or TBK it is not available on XBLA.

Yeah, but you still wouldn't be able to play it with the licensed rosters. Tecmo Bowl is available on Wii's Virtual Console, and all of the rosters are whitewashed since the NFL/NFLPA licensing for the game expired a long time ago (and they couldn't get a new license even if they wanted to, due to EA's current exclusivity deal).

Kingsoby1 is totally right, the best way to play the old game nowadays is online (I never even knew about that, thanks for the heads-up!).
Posted Image

#27 kingsoby1

kingsoby1

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

no problem. Playing online via nestopia is almost like playing live against someone... although a lot of leagues still use the laggy nesticle emu.

Any CAGs are welcome to hit me up on AIM or PM if you want more info or help starting up a game.

#28 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

I had no idea people were still using nesticle for it.

I used to play it online back around 99 or '00... It would be entertaining to give it a go again.

I have no doubt that I'll be picking up this version though.

#29 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

I used to play online in some of those leagues back in '01-'02ish, even ran my own league at one point. I kinda miss it.

Anyways, this new one, without an NFL license, I don't see it going anywhere but down in price (a la All-Pro 2k8). I'm guessing it'll be 15-20 new in no time, if we're patient.

#30 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

I guess I'd rather reward Tecmo and pay them a bit more to show my interest in the game.