Photo
- - - - -

CAG 2008 Presidential Exit Poll

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: What's Your Party Affiliation, And Who Did You Vote For President?

What's Your Party Affiliation, And Who Did You Vote For President?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

After you've voted, let us know how you voted by party/affiliation.

All votes are anonymous.

Posted tonight for those of us who voted early/absentee.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#2 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

I voted Obama/Biden in the General Election. I voted for Obama in the Primaries, and am registered as a Democrat.

Aside from that though, here's a rundown of the rest of my ballot:

Democrats - Voted for 3 Candidates
Republicans - Voted for 4 Candidates
Gay Marriage - Voted for it.
Tax Exemptions for Green Energy - Voted for it.

Aside from the state constitutional amendments, my votes went 50/50 between Republicans/Democrats for one of the following reasons:

1. One candidate was more qualified/had a better direction that agreed with my values.
2. One candidate offered nothing but attacks/negativity.
3. One candidate was under legal investigation.

Interestingly enough, at least one of those reasons applied to at least one candidate of each side. In short, I didn't vote along party lines, I voted along qualifications & vision.

~HotShotX
[chipinsig]dc7c442c9bf5c573[/chipinsig]

#3 botticus

botticus

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I relucantly voted Obama, as an independent who has tended to lean Republican. Now I just hope the Democrats don't get a supermajority.

#4 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

Now I just hope the Democrats don't get a supermajority.

So you dont want the party you voted for (albeit reluctantly) to be able to get anything done?

Super majority is the way to go. We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.

#5 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

like we need this. we all know how it will turn out. just read one of the debate threads, i expect this to be the same.

Posted Image

#6 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

like we need this. we all know how it will turn out. just read one of the debate threads, i expect this to be the same.

Hey, this poll is a lot better, with a party affiliation breakdown and everything. And besides, the debate polls were stupid and this one actually matters.

Still too bad that it doesn't have Brokaw...

Posted Image

#7 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

I am going to vote Obama/Biden.

I am voting mostly democrat except for Steve Rothman because I hate him (I had to campaign for him years back for a school project and he treated us like shit).
Posted Image

#8 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:02 AM

Save your sour grapes for tomorrow night, chachi.
Posted Image

#9 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

Nice thread. Should be interesting to see the breakdown in votes.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#10 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

If things go to shit, dont blame me I voted for Kodos
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#11 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:14 AM

So you dont want the party you voted for (albeit reluctantly) to be able to get anything done?

Super majority is the way to go. We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.

Super majority is never the way to go. Letting one party run amock is a terrible idea, because neither party has fantastic ideas for the country from top to bottom. Full control of any party for a decade could seriously end up close to civil war.

Having balance in all branches of government is suppose to make it so only the really good stuff that most people agree on get passed. At least in theory.

#12 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

Save your sour grapes for tomorrow night, chachi.

my grapes would be just as sour if mccain wins. my only hope is that somehow the candidates are actually aliens in disguise. ill write in kodos just in case...

Posted Image

#13 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

my grapes would be just as sour if mccain wins. my only hope is that somehow the candidates are actually aliens in disguise. ill write in kodos just in case...

But you have to write-in a last name or else they'll throw your vote away (at least that's how it works in my state).

A lot of Republicans do not like McCain, but they'll vote for him because he's the better of 2 evils. If the Democrats had a Super Majority in Congress and he was President, he'd go along their bullshit, and everyone knows it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#14 botticus

botticus

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

I like checks and balances. And I didn't vote for the Democrats, I voted for Obama for President.

#15 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:43 AM

I'm an independent and I'll be voting for Obama tomorrow, along with whatever Republicans are running for the House and Senate here (I believe divided government is much better then one party controlling the White House/House/Senate).
Posted Image

#16 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

I'm an independent and I'll be voting for Obama tomorrow, along with whatever Republicans are running for the House and Senate here (I believe divided government is much better then one party controlling the White House/House/Senate).

I'm pretty liberal, but I actually voted for the Republican running for Senate and the Independent running for Congress in Rhode Island because the incumbent Democrats voted for the bailout. Just like I said I would on these very forums. :D Of course, they will win in a landslide anyway because it's RI.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#17 carpwrist

carpwrist

√úbercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

I'm all for the Green Party, however I'm realistic and I know that my vote would only take votes away from the Democrats who are lesser of two evils.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#18 Dynasty1756

Dynasty1756

Lakers 08-09 Champs !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

I am registered as a democrat and voting for Obama/Biden

#19 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:53 AM

Democrat/Obama

#20 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

I think we need to enact midnight voting. You know, like it was a big video game release or something.

People could dress up. Or go naked! With body paint! And sparklers!

Fuck, I'd do it.

Imagine Rocky Horror, but with spooooooooky political overtones! WoooOooOOOooooOOOoOo! SpoooOOOOooookyyyyyy!

Actually it would kick ass and get more people to the polls. With their poles, so to speak.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#21 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:09 AM

I'm a registered Dem who voted Obama/Biden.

#22 thehuskerfan

thehuskerfan

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:16 AM

Obama 08 baby!
2011 Nebraska Cornhuskers -- (9 - 3) -- Big Ten Baby! :D
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 onikage

onikage

鬼の影

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Registered Unaffiliated/Voted Obama

#24 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:09 AM

I think we need to enact midnight voting. You know, like it was a big video game release or something.

People could dress up. Or go naked! With body paint! And sparklers!

Fuck, I'd do it.

Imagine Rocky Horror, but with spooooooooky political overtones! WoooOooOOOooooOOOoOo! SpoooOOOOooookyyyyyy!

Actually it would kick ass and get more people to the polls. With their poles, so to speak.

I don't need the Free Red Bull gals parading around my election with their little silver and blue cans.
Posted Image

#25 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:12 AM

I don't need the Free Red Bull gals parading around my election with their little silver and blue cans.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They have those in Athens too?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#26 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:48 AM

Registered Dem, voting Obama.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#27 elprincipe

elprincipe

NES > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

We wouldntve gotten any of the New Deal legislation through if the republicans couldve filibustered it.

You make a convincing case for keeping the Democrats from getting a supermajority.
I'm for leaving the status quo behind.
Tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...read.php?t=8069
Guide Tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=37143
SSBB friend code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add me and want me to add you!)

#28 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

I thought this thread was to state who you voted for after you did, not who you intended to.

#29 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Democrat. I voted for Obama.

#30 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They have those in Athens too?

I'm having recollections of when I went to pick up MGS4 on release night.

Knee deep in two straight weeks of dissertation writing, I decided I wanted to go out for 20 minutes and pick my copy up. I was *thisclose* to having my first major revision completed, so I knew I wasn't going to be playing the game anytime soon. I was more intrigued by what the "hafta have it at midnight" gaming culture was like.

It was what I expected: Newport, KY 'billies talking about their 19-year old daughter being freshly divorced, lisped stereotypes talking about the game's plot in a nuanced way that suggested a frightening level of dedication to the web up until the game's release...and the red bull gals.

They handed out the lil' cans for free to those waiting in line. And let's be clear: I'm not a Red Bull, or energy drink, consumer. I like lotsa coffee, but none of this sweet-tart-in-a-$3-can bullshit. So I wasn't used to it. Needless to say, my dissertation revision was finished that night, despite a constant trembling in my body that resembled the DTs.

Funny side note: I'm in line, reading a book and taking notes (that's how I do). This carload of hot-ass (were I 16 again) teenage girls pulled up in their boomin' Toyota Echo. They all yell out to the line: "HEY, WHAT ARE Y'ALL WAITIN' FOR???" Meanwhile, a few kids lispedly shout "METAL GEAR SHOLID FORE GUNSSH OF THE PATRIOTSSH!" The gals convene for a moment, giggle, and yell out "Y'ALL ARE FUCKIN' NERDS, WAITIN' FOR A VIDEO GAME AT MIDNIGHT!!!!," had a laugh, and pulled away while the people around me lambasted them with all of the cleverness of someone who only knows the word "cunt" as an insult. Me? I was impressed. How could I be mad that they called me a nerd? I am waiting for a fucking game at midnight - one I had no intention of even playing for the next several days. So, in the end, you know...they were right. Good form, giggling teenage prats. Good form.
Posted Image