Audiosurf - 2.49 on steam!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

to celebrate the soon to be released steam cloud and the shopping cart implemented today via steam update, steam is offering audiosurf for 2.49.

i picked it up for $5 and it was WELL worth that. 2.49 is an absolute steal. go get it!

#2 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

Shopping cart? You mean we can finally order multiple things?

#3 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

yep, that's the way it seems!

#4 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Wish I could try this game out. This is the only thing I feel like I am missing from using my mac.

#5 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

I got this when it was $5. Haven't really played much of it though. Kind of a fun gimmick or distraction for while you're listening to music. Didn't really feel like a game to me though.

#6 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Ah crap, I guess I'll finally have to pick this up. Does it have any multiplayer modes?

#7 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

Does it have any multiplayer modes?

nope, just online leader boards
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#8 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

nope, just online leader boards

Well, locally, 2 people can play co-op at the same time.

#9 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Well, locally, 2 people can play co-op at the same time.

really? I didn't know that
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#10 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

I was wondering when we would start seeing Steam Cloud. Having lost a few hard drives with a few game saves that I hadn't backed up yet, this would be a great service.

#11 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I love this game, I preordered it for $9. Totally worth it. For $2.49, it's a no-brainer!

#12 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

Son of a bitch I bought this 2 days ago for 10$...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

I just came in here to post this, I purchased the game when it came out, but this is an absolute no brainer at $2.49.

#14 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

really? I didn't know that

Yeah, Double Vision (or Double V) can be played by two people (each person controls a car)

#15 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

How long is this price good for...anyone know?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#16 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

There is no reason why to try this great game out now. I got this when it was $5, worth every penny.

#17 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Shopping cart? You mean we can finally order multiple things?

yep, that's the way it seems!

errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

#18 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

nice one, op!

#19 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

i checked out the cart thing on steam and i was able to add more than one product to my cart and remove individually remove them. but you are right, i think they added the cart so that you are able to order from the website. but then they said, "hey, why not add the cart into steam as well?"

it was always annoying having to do two individual charges on my credit card when i bought two products.

#20 vherub

vherub

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

awesome, thanks op

#21 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

I got this when it was 5 and that was a great deal but 2.50? There is not excuse not to get this game
Insert clever line here......

#22 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.

#23 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.

lol, not in minnesota! 2.23 baby.

#24 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

Wow, fantastic deal.

#25 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

If you have Steam and have money, buy this game.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#26 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:12 AM

Is it me or is new STEAM update way slower?

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#27 Demix500

Demix500

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

in for one... I hope steam never goes under... I have a huge collection of games on steam

#28 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

in for one... I hope steam never goes under... I have a huge collection of games on steam

It never will and if it does, they have a plan in place to unlock everything.

#29 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Finally got it to work...awesome game!

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#30 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

If one does not get this game at this price, you hate gaming and you hate music.

The original Geometry Wars (at launch on the 360) for five bucks was an incredible value. This game at half that price is twice as incredible.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"