CAGcast #140: Faster, Quieter, Better

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:47 AM

CheapyD samples the New Xbox Experience, the PS3 Bluetooth Headset, and Left 4 Dead. Both Wombat and Cheapy talk Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, the latest game shopping and industry news, new releases, your questions from the CAGbag and much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

Download - 100 minutes, 40MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 12 November 2008 - 05:26 AM.

#2 biggrey

biggrey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

cheapy, love the avatar and on time!!

#3 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:11 AM

Well, alright. Now just to keep it up gentlemen and we'll be back to our old selves. Can't wait to hear Wombat hatin' on fallout (grrrr) and cheapy talking about how little he played any games (that's right buddy, I see your gamertag!)

#4 McBain

McBain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:12 AM

Can't wait until this is up on iTunes. Update already!!!

#5 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

Haha your avatar is awesome cheapy! Cant wait to hear your impressions on the New Xbox Experience...I am liking it so far even though I dont see much of anything except the visual facelift.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#6 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

I, for one, can't wait to hear Wombat gush about LittleBigPlanet.

Ha.
Posted Image

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

It's not Wednesday.

#8 ShadowWolf9

ShadowWolf9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Ha, your avatar is hilarious!

#9 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

Elvis Is Everywhere, Mojo Nixon? Huh Cheapy?

Where my bonus? XD

Edit: Awww man, I didn't think you would actually reveal where the reference came from in the outro. I was too excited when you said that quote that I immediately paused the show to come post what it was from.

Edited by XTommyDonX, 13 November 2008 - 01:10 AM.

#10 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

He got his "Big Ass Chainz!"

#11 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

Freakin' finally. I'll listen to some tonight and the rest during free period at school tomorrow. Meh!

#12 biggrey

biggrey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

Elvis is Everywhere by Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper. Grrr tommyDon beat me. i should have posted earlier but i wanted to finish the podcast 1st :(

#13 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:44 AM

Can't wait until this is up on iTunes. Update already!!!

Just go to your podcast page and hit refresh.

#14 weevles

weevles

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:49 AM

Sweet. Cheapy, your XBL av is cool--pimpin' that lil' ass chain. Too bad XBL avs are soooo ugly in general. :p

#15 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:59 AM

Cheapy I know you read these so please respond. How would a cag go about getting on your PSN friends list? Just wondering because I sent you a friend's request to no avail and would like to play lbp with you sometime.

#16 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:48 AM

I'm going to be on the Netflix trial when the NXE comes out. One more drop in Wombat's retirement bucket.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#17 level1online

level1online

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

lol @ subpoedy1961

#18 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

heym Cheapy can you watch the netflix movies with 8 other friends with you?

#19 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

I'd do the trial but I've been a member of Netflix for a long ass time. Already got 30 movies in my instant queue too. Btw, I'm surprised you haven't been watching Knight Rider, Airwolf and the Incredible Hulk TV series on the Netflix stream.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#20 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:01 AM

nice. time to download the cagcast.

#21 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

sweet.. show's looking good guys.. looking good.

With Circuit City going down I think the big question is what happens to their plans to reformat to "The City"? Guess that goes out the window.

Elvis Is Everywhere

Edited by Wolfkin, 12 November 2008 - 11:21 AM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#22 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Cheapy, maybe the hard drive is more expensive in Japan, but in the U.S. a lot of places are selling the 120GB for $120.

#23 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

My Avatar's a little boring now because I tried to make him accurate and I just shaved my head and beard for Halloween. It's growing back quickly though.
Posted Image

#24 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Nice avatar Cheapy, can't wait to see Wombat's.
Posted Image

#25 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

Nice avatar Cheapy, can't wait to see Wombat's.

too bad there's no furry option.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#26 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hey Cheapy (and Wombat!),

First things first: Wombat, the stickers in LittleBigPlanet can be used as triggers to unlock special areas in the game's levels. Look for the "cardboard cutouts" in the background; slap the appropriate sticker on there, and voilà!

CheapyD, you wanted some PlayStation Home beta impressions, so here they are.

First, the good. Everything ran smoothly, and the graphics looked great even on my crappy SDTV. I had no problem chatting with other users, both via onscreen keyboard and via headset. (I was honestly surprised at the large number of users I found in Home!) Character customization is very deep, and quite easy to use; I can see that sucking up a lot of time. I love the game-themed areas, too; Sully's Bar from Uncharted? The train station from Far Cry 2? Very cool, and brings a new meaning to "getting in the game." Controls are simple and easy to learn, the PSP menu system is filled with helpful information to guide you on your way.

Now, the bad. While I enjoyed the character creation quite a bit, the available options for hairstyles, clothing, and accessories were very limited. (They didn't even have a goatee!) I assume this is only because it's a beta, but we shall see. Secondly, while I understand that it makes technical sense that each new "area" in Home is a separate download -- if you don't want to visit a specific area, you'll save space on your hard drive -- it can get annoying to have to download new areas all of the time if you do want to explore everything. Also, some of the arcade games found in the bar and such are kinda crappy.

Now, the big question: will Home be a "bust"? I want to say yes and no. The Sony diehards will love it, and likely use it a lot as their own form of Second Life. I think that everyone else won't use it as much as Sony would hope, and this is due to the fact that it's just taking too long to come out. It's a classic case of "too little, too late."

#27 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hey Cheaps, why not give your avatar some flowing locks? why does the virtual cheapy have to also be follicle challenged? Why not go nuts and make him a black guy with a huge dong? or a black Wombat, its cool now, Obamamania ya know. btw Wombat, gas got cheap because of the election and the rally in the dollar not because of the recession. watch prices spike when winter hits and the dollar crashes. Big oil isn't finished pickpocketing your moth ridden wallet. On the bright side this will probably be a boon for CAG, since we all will be looking for a cheap fix for our gaming addiction, or maybe not. Gears is awesome.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#28 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Cheapy, no green shirt available for avatars? MS didn't make a green shirt to match their 360 colors?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#29 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

I have never given a shit about the downloadable content for GTAIV, and because of the immense backlash against it, I'm sure the majority of purchasers of GTAIV on the 360 no longer give a shit as well.

The thing about Home is that people will go back when they here about it being updated. Like Castle Crashers, once that game gets updated, I'm sure some people will load it up to get the update and try out if the patch worked or not. Continuous updates to a product (Like Burnout Paradise) do get people coming back, even in chunks at a time.

Home isn't going to bomb, but it's not going to be the success Sony hopes it to be. They're definitely going to market it next year as Home will more than likely be pre-installed on every console. If that sells consoles or not is going to be a big question.

And I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE multiple disc trays for systems, but I think it's an anti-piracy issue.

Edited by KingBroly, 12 November 2008 - 04:51 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#30 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

I wonder if the supposed new client for Games For Windows Live will add avatars. I'm more interested in the Arcade though.

Posted Image