Sonic Unleashed Amazon Deals - Various

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 StriderSeven

StriderSeven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:58 AM

Amazon has the 360 + PS3 versions for a cheaper price. The prices are...

:360: :ps3: :wii:$49.99
:ps2: $29.99

Get a extra $5 off by entering "UNLEASH5" as a promotional code. Also $10 towards a future videogame purchase from Amazon.

Link:
http://www.amazon.co...PE7E|B0017HM0JY

Edited by CheapyD, 15 November 2008 - 04:47 AM.

#2 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

Not to thread crap, but I really hope that nobody is even tempted to get this.

11317.png

#3 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

How do you know it will be bad?

#4 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:02 AM

How do you know it'll be good?

#5 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

I don't. But I don't tell people ith absolute certainty that a game will be good or bad before it's been released

#6 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

Yea saying it's bad isn't right, but I don't have high hopes for this game either.

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

So $45 for it on PS3?

If that's the case consider this ordered. :D

EDIT: That is indeed the case. $44.99 shipped is a great deal. Thanks OP!

#8 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:11 AM

Ok, put it this way then. Until we officially get some positive feedback on this game, I don't see why people would have any hope for this game. Hey, if it turns out good, I will be the first to eat my words and welcome Sonic back to the world of competitant gaming. Until then, is there any reason for hope?

11317.png

#9 daknight

daknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:21 AM

I checked the Wii version...and the price appears as 49.99, not the 29.99 like mention here (if not I would had bought it without a second thought)

#10 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

So $45 for it on PS3?

If that's the case consider this ordered. :D

EDIT: That is indeed the case. $44.99 shipped is a great deal. Thanks OP!

44.99 shipped with $10 GC! making it 34.99!

Posted Image
count me in! ah ah ah!

#11 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:42 AM

Thanx alot op, just did it for the ps2 version came out to be $27 plus i will be getting a $10 GC :D :D

#12 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:54 AM

Ok, put it this way then. Until we officially get some positive feedback on this game, I don't see why people would have any hope for this game. Hey, if it turns out good, I will be the first to eat my words and welcome Sonic back to the world of competitant gaming. Until then, is there any reason for hope?

Why do you even care? So, you don't think it'll be good. Great, we get it. Go post in the Sonic discussion thread if you want to crusade against a game that isn't out yet.

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#13 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:09 AM

Hey, I just replied to the other thread with this same topic. I'm confused, and I want to join the yammering. Maybe I'll go get my other message and post it here.

Done.

I really want this game to be good, but the horrible suckage of every Sonic game since... God knows when... has me worried. And that strange werewolf mode.

So technically, counting the $5 off and the $10 toward another game, it's like $34.99.

Almost tempted...

#14 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:19 AM

Oh, snaps, I didn't even know the 10 dollars towards another game. Sold.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#15 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:22 AM

That is an awesome deal for the PS2 version, $24.99 plus the $10 GC. If I didn't have Sonic and the Secret Rings still unopened, I would have gotten it.

#16 magus83

magus83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

Why do you even care? So, you don't think it'll be good. Great, we get it. Go post in the Sonic discussion thread if you want to crusade against a game that isn't out yet.

There was a big thread bashing last remnant when it dropped to $40.

If I remember correctly this game was getting good buzz at destructoid so hopefully it shouldn't be too terrible.

edit: nvm got it

Edited by magus83, 15 November 2008 - 09:10 AM.

#17 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

I've been completely obsessed with sonic since 1991. I collect everything Sonic related. I have a motherfuckin can of Sonic the Hedgehog speggettos that is about 15 yrs old. But even I wouldn't buy this game for $44.99 cash without reading some positive reviews. Just a 7/10 would be enough. I'll still get it used with GS credit with edge and a cellfire coupon no matter what.

Edit: I should also meantion that I even bought 2 copies of the Toys R Us exclusive "Werehog" figure from this game.... I still wouldn't pay $44.99 cash for it. Too many good games out there right now. I feel bad kinda bashing sonic, and I thank the original poster for sharing this deal with us, but I've been ripped off buying enough sonic games at retail price. I hope this game is good.

Edited by SonictheHedgehog1337, 15 November 2008 - 10:00 AM.

#18 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

Thanks OP, I had already preordered the PS2 version for $29.99. Cancelled that and preordered it again with the $5 code so it just saved me $5. And BTW, I still got the free shipping even though it was $24.99. Cool deal.

#19 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

$50 is MSRP in case anyone though they were getting a better deal than they are.
Posted Image

#20 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

Is the UNLEASH5 promotional code dead? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to do anything when I enter it into the promo code field.

#21 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

What on earth is Sonic and the BlackKnight?

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#22 daknight

daknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

What on earth is Sonic and the BlackKnight?

An exclusive game for the Wii. It follows in the realm of 'Sonic and the secret rings' in terms of gameplay. In term of story is the idea of putting Sonic in already known Universes (in Secret Rings was in 1001 arabian tales (or something).

#23 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

Sonic the Hedgehog reboot on 360/Ps3 was the worst game I played this gen. The game was clearly still in pre-alpha when it was released.

But I'll bite for the $35 bucks Sonic Unleashed. Even if it sucks I'll still at least able break even when I salvage the game.

Edited by rumblebear, 15 November 2008 - 09:17 PM.

#24 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

44.99 shipped with $10 GC! making it 34.99!

Posted Image
count me in! ah ah ah!

Sorta, but you get a $10 off code sent you to 10 days after the game is released. So you can use it towards a future game but you still have to pay the $44.99 (or $24.99 or whatever) I still have yet to get my Gears of War 2 coupon code.

Is the UNLEASH5 promotional code dead? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to do anything when I enter it into the promo code field.

Did you already have it preordered and then tried to add it to the preorder? That didn't work for me. I had to cancel my preorder, preorder it again and enter the code during checkout.

#25 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

Sorta, but you get a $10 off code sent you to 10 days after the game is released. So you can use it towards a future game but you still have to pay the $44.99 (or $24.99 or whatever) I still have yet to get my Gears of War 2 coupon code.

exactly... you know what I mean. :bouncy:

#26 Ruined

Ruined

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

I hope its not crap, but I heard the game was delayed in Japan due to quality issues... and the last Sonic on 360/PS3 was nothing short of a train wreck.

#27 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

Did you already have it preordered and then tried to add it to the preorder? That didn't work for me. I had to cancel my preorder, preorder it again and enter the code during checkout.

Not at all. I didn't even have it on my wish list. I am wondering if there is an issue with a $10 promo amount from a previous purchase already being attached to my account. No matter whether it's being applied to the Sonic preorder or not, the $5 off just never shows up.

#28 ciaossu

ciaossu

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

Not to thread crap, but I really hope that nobody is even tempted to get this.

I'm extremely tempted. The thought of a good Sonic game coming out makes my mouth water.
I'm going to wait for reviews though.

#29 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

I'm extremely tempted. The thought of a good Sonic game coming out makes my mouth water.
I'm going to wait for reviews though.

Ditto. I hate to hold my breath, though. Reviews coming soon! It sounds like the Wii version is the most polished, oddly, although it doesn't have the most bells and whistles (no physics engine).

The past however many Sonic games have been pretty awful. Sonic Adventure is the last one I cared about, and even that one certainly had its issues, but at the time, it's big world really, really interested me.

Here, the werewolf segments and melee combat have me supremely worried. The Japanese release has also been pushed back while the American release has not.

What does it all mean?

Well, it means "be cautious" in my language, but I've got my fingers crossed.

I hope its not crap, but I heard the game was delayed in Japan due to quality issues... and the last Sonic on 360/PS3 was nothing short of a train wreck.

Precisely. :(

#30 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

I preordered, and am awaiting impressions to decide whether I will keep it. I have a soft spot for Sonic games.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler