xVampx = scammer seller be aware

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:10 AM

Sold him a copy of L4D via paypal, and apparently he stole someone's paypal's account and made a payment with it.

his actual email is z3r0.chaos@gmail.com

The real paypal owner charged back on me.

his CAG's id = xvampx

just so u guys know :)

#2 EdEddandEdge

EdEddandEdge

Discounted Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:03 AM

Notify a mod so this can be placed as another sticky. Damn scammers.
So Cheap, I once used a GGC to pay attention.

#3 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:05 AM

Never heard of the guy. Thanks for the heads up, and glad things worked out on your end!

#4 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:22 AM

wow, sorry to hear about that man, why do people scam. Thanks for the heads up.

#5 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:31 AM

Never heard of the guy. Thanks for the heads up, and glad things worked out on your end!

not sure what is going to happen with paypal, they will investigate and then decide if they will reverse the charges I guess.

Either way, the real paypal owner or myself loses money, and xVampx gets away with a free copy of L4D.

sucks.

#6 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

not sure what is going to happen with paypal, they will investigate and then decide if they will reverse the charges I guess.

Either way, the real paypal owner or myself loses money, and xVampx gets away with a free copy of L4D.

sucks.

Oh I see, I read wrong and thought the dude got his account back in time and paid you back...

That sucks bud, I really hope it works out in the best possible way. Sorry you had to get scammed. :/

#7 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

Do you still have the address? You might want to contact the post office you sent to and notify them that someone is committing mail fraud at that address. It might save future sellers from getting scammed.

#8 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

Well that was a disaster narrowly missed on my part, as he was contacting me earlier in the evening Saturday about L4D and I was about to sell to him but at the last minute my girlfriend decided she wanted to keep her copy.

I really don't understand why some people think its okay to do these kinds of things.

Edited by helmet, 24 November 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#9 permutated

permutated

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the headsup! Sorry that happened to you :(

#10 Layziebones

Layziebones

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

sucks.

Um, was his address confirmed? If not, you should never ship to an unconfirmed address for the exact reason you just got. If it was confirmed, it is the paypal owners address and he is just pulling your string. HE gets a free copy of L4D and his money back. <--- Sounds more plausable then stole an account and gave you a fake shipping address.

www.Islagi.info

Posting a new, idiotic video every day.

#11 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

Um, was his address confirmed? If not, you should never ship to an unconfirmed address for the exact reason you just got. If it was confirmed, it is the paypal owners address and he is just pulling your string. HE gets a free copy of L4D and his money back. <--- Sounds more plausable then stole an account and gave you a fake shipping address.

This was gift via steam, so there wasn't any actual shipment.
His paypal charge back argument was basically "unauthorized payment", I am not really sure if it is his actual paypal account, or he is just playing dumb. Either way I have screenshot of all the conversation via msn / steam / CAG uploaded to paypal, which indicate the buyer is aware of the transaction, and he has agreed to send money. If I was working for paypal resolution center, it should be pretty obvious that the buyer is trying to scam the seller. However this is a credit card payment via a paypal account, so I am not 100% sure what is going to happen. Hopefull I don't lose the money :(

edit: he didn't charge back because he never received the item. he charged back because this was an "unauthorize payment". which is.. lol.

#12 bryenfury

bryenfury

CAG Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

sounds more of a playing dumb thing :/..

tradelist.gif

Get stuff for surveys and stuff.
http://www.swagbucks...refer/bryenfury

#13 VGI-Shinobi

VGI-Shinobi

Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

This was gift via steam, so there wasn't any actual shipment.
His paypal charge back argument was basically "unauthorized payment", I am not really sure if it is his actual paypal account, or he is just playing dumb. Either way I have screenshot of all the conversation via msn / steam / CAG uploaded to paypal, which indicate the buyer is aware of the transaction, and he has agreed to send money. If I was working for paypal resolution center, it should be pretty obvious that the buyer is trying to scam the seller. However this is a credit card payment via a paypal account, so I am not 100% sure what is going to happen. Hopefull I don't lose the money :(

edit: he didn't charge back because he never received the item. he charged back because this was an "unauthorize payment". which is.. lol.

He's trying to play dumb and get L4D for free. Give Paypal all the screenshots of the conversation and kick this bastard's ass.

Game Store in KC

www.facebook.com/gamersparadisekc

#14 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

zzz, charges reversed. lost 45 dollars / a copy of L4D

#15 EdEddandEdge

EdEddandEdge

Discounted Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

zzz, charges reversed. lost 45 dollars / a copy of L4D

Scam confirmed. I hope we see less of these threads. Sorry this happened.
So Cheap, I once used a GGC to pay attention.

#16 tsunami_bomb3r

tsunami_bomb3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

you could report him to steam customer service.

#17 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

Dude, report this to steam, because selling steam copies is ILLEGAL!

So show them that you and him made a transcation and your account info, and WHAM. hes fucked.

And i know they will because i tried to sell a Steam Account back around i think 2005? maybe 2006.. because it was a 4 digit steam id *Got Steam when it was leaked out*

So yep. >.< oh well

#18 tsunami_bomb3r

tsunami_bomb3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:05 AM

well, no. he ddin't sell his account. he gifted it.

i'm talking more like "hey, this guy took my money to buy your game. he scammed/swindled me."

#19 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

ya i doubt steam cs would do much of a help, cuz technically selling gift copies is against TOS.

#20 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Vamp has 5 posts...

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#21 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

wow

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312