Tokyo Dome Wind Tunnel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Here's a video showing what CheapyD described would happen when exiting through normal doors in the Tokyo Dome.

Posted Image

#2 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

haha...thats the best!

#3 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

thanks op!

#4 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

There was actually a really interesting article on Slate a couple months ago about how revolving doors are much more energy efficient than standard swinging doors because they equalize the pressure and prevent heating/cooling from escaping. So we may be seeing more of them in the years to come.

#5 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

Good stuff
Spoiler

#6 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

Haha, that was hilarious.

#7 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

All I remember about the Tokyo Dome was this small restaurant at it. Can't remember what it was called, but it was obviously there to attract foreigners with their standard foods like burgers, fries, etc.

On the sign above is a sort of slogan/poem thing that's meant to sound enticing. You can clearly tell there was little to no supervision from someone who actually knows how to speak English when it came to dreaming up the text that is up there, and instead a poor translation program was most likely employed.

Why?

Because it says, essentially, that "Our burger is so good, it will shut up the taste of beef."

I'm surprised they let me in after the show of laughter I performed just outside their doors.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#8 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

Someone misspelled Tokyo.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#9 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

Note to self: add this onto the "To-Do" list when I visit Tokyo next year. How much for a CheapyD tour of Akihabra?

#10 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

All I remember about the Tokyo Dome was this small restaurant at it. Can't remember what it was called, but it was obviously there to attract foreigners with their standard foods like burgers, fries, etc.

On the sign above is a sort of slogan/poem thing that's meant to sound enticing. You can clearly tell there was little to no supervision from someone who actually knows how to speak English when it came to dreaming up the text that is up there, and instead a poor translation program was most likely employed.

Why?

Because it says, essentially, that "Our burger is so good, it will shut up the taste of beef."

I'm surprised they let me in after the show of laughter I performed just outside their doors.

The Burgers Tokyo?

Posted Image