Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Internet Browser vs Wii Internet Browser?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Which console has the better internet browser: PS3 or Wii? Any why?

I'm looking for one.

A shame the 360 doesn't have one. I think it's pretty handy to play a game, take a quick break, and check out CAG right from the console. Could be very convenient.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#2 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

I never got to use the wii one,but I've used the ps3 one before. It isn't extremely terrible or that great to me.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#3 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

You're looking for one? As in to purchase?

The PS3 browser is free and built in to the system. I occasionally use it. Recently they've updated some of the problems that existed with Hulu/Youtube. Other than that, it works as intended for the most part. Once you get familiar with the controls (and the zoom), then it's rather easy to use.

#4 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm just looking for the better browser on either the PS3 or Wii. I know the Wii's isn't free, but which is better overall?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#5 antifood

antifood

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm just looking for the better browser on either the PS3 or Wii. I know the Wii's isn't free, but which is better overall?

The PS3 allows for a higher resolution and works pretty well for streaming. You can also use a keyboard with the PS3. I tried the Wii Browser when it was first released, but have not touched it since. The low resolution hinders its usability.

#6 Catchpenny

Catchpenny

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

The PS3 allows for a higher resolution and works pretty well for streaming. You can also use a keyboard with the PS3. I tried the Wii Browser when it was first released, but have not touched it since. The low resolution hinders its usability.

You can also use a USB keyboard with the Wii browser. However, the PS3 allows mouse use whereas the Wii does not.

I like the Wii browser a little better, navigation is easier with the remote. Also am not a big fan of the netfront browser that the PS3/PSP use.

However, I only use the console browsers casually, to show someone youtube videos on my television, or quickly check news/forum posts. So it depends on what you want to use console web access for. I know I'd want a mouse if I were using my console as primary access to the web.

#7 antifood

antifood

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

You can also use a USB keyboard with the Wii browser. However, the PS3 allows mouse use whereas the Wii does not.

I did not know you can now use a keyboard with the Wii, thanks for the info.