- Best Buy keeps a listing of stores they consider competition. If the store you are price matching against is not on this list, they will refuse the price match. It doesn't matter if the store is a major nationwide retailer, but if it is on their list.
- I briefly looked at the list before they took it away. It only lists big box retailers such as Walmart, Target, Sams Club, etc. Store like Gamecrazy, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Gamestop are not listed, but are on a seperate list below and listed as non-competitors.
- This list also applies to applicances.
- Circuit City wasn't on either list.
- The list was a corporate memo but the employee told me that participation is voluntary. Some stores may not start agreeing to this list until after the holiday season ends.
- I figured maybe this was based on the fact that I carried in a printout. The printout was of the game page, listing price of a new copy, and which stores had it in stock from their website. The closest store was across the street. They said it didn't matter because either way they were not "competition".
Edited by shrike4242, 13 January 2009 - 06:10 AM.